It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:00 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Articles on the draft nice job
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:55 am 

Pudge, great job on the articles on the draft. Stacking the board I enjoy reading and each teams selection.You break down how the teams arrive at thier choices and the thought process. Stakcing the board I really like since I'm curious where you think certain players will go and thoughts on the players. Anyway just wanted to say GREAT JOB! Your still going down in the mock draft contest and the bulls eye is on your shirt. :D

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Articles on the draft nice job
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:47 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Agreed. I always just come to the forums, so I hadn't seen those. I like the positional breakdowns, and think it would be interesting to do a "where's the value in this draft" segment closer to the draft.

That is, which rounds look to hold value at which positions, thereby letting someone stack his board. This really helped me last year. It seems on a lot of mock drafts, people count on that one guy being there in the 4th, when it's more important to know that there will be 5 quality DTs in the 4th (for instance.) You can't rely on one guy being there, but if it's an entire group, you get a pretty good idea. On this one, for instance, it seems DEs in round 1, WRs in round 2, and RBs in round 3...but the WRs and RBs could switch. Safety looks horrible. I'm curious to see how it is. Last year had a clearer breakdown I felt.

Post subject: Re: Articles on the draft nice job
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:39 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

I think the Falcons plan at this point is probably to go DE in Round 1. Probably WR or TE in Round 2, perhaps CB if a good one falls. And then between Rounds 3 and 5, try to address RB and whichever two spots they missed in Round 2.

The thign about this year's class, is that at RB and WR, the difference between the guys projected to go off the board in the 2nd round vs. the guys projected to go off the board in the 4th or 5th round isn't as huge as it is in most years.

That's why I think DE 1st, TE 2nd, and then dependent on how the draft goes (if there are any runs) will determine what order we take RB, WR, and CB in the middle rounds, but my bet is that it's WR in the 3rd, RB in 4th, CB in 5th, and then perhaps LB & S in 6th, and then 7th round is a toss-up (second WR?).

Profile E-mail