Post subject: Re: Palin will be on Oprah Monday before book release
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:09 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

http://www.tonightshowwithconanobrien.c ... 9/1176856/

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:55 pm 

An update to the Sarah Palin thread she wants 1 million an episode to do a show on the Discovery Channel. What's more important honoring your committment to the people of Alaska or make as much money as possible? I think we know what route she is taking.Maybe we can see Alaska from her place? :lol:

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/TV/ ... ty.tv.ppl/

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:28 am 

I'd go for the money grab.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:14 pm 

I think most people would go for the money but its just funny Palin once nominated by Mccain all the sudden wins the lottery like I said quits her govenor job who cares about holding office for 4 yrs and says she can help the party more what she is doing. Really, Palin should just say it she's in it for the money instead of more political posturing. I will give her credit she is striking while the iron is hot.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:08 pm 

Know of any other politicians that want to brand their name. Palin = more celebrity than politician! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Like mother like daughter!

http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... d/1?csp=hf

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:21 pm 

Reagan Jr telling it like it is. Palin is just trying to keep her name in the news.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... y-father/1

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:48 am 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

thescout wrote:
I think most people would go for the money but its just funny Palin once nominated by Mccain all the sudden wins the lottery like I said quits her govenor job who cares about holding office for 4 yrs and says she can help the party more what she is doing. Really, Palin should just say it she's in it for the money instead of more political posturing. I will give her credit she is striking while the iron is hot.

Sort of like we said we were invading Iraq to free the people instead of for the oil? There are enough functional moral illiterates who cannot read the writing on the wall and they are the bread and butter for people like Palin. I think PT Barnum used to say there's a sucker born every minute.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:19 am 
Superstar
Superstar

backnblack wrote:
thescout wrote:

Sort of like we said we were invading Iraq to free the people instead of for the oil? There are enough functional moral illiterates who cannot read the writing on the wall and they are the bread and butter for people like Palin. I think PT Barnum used to say there's a sucker born every minute.

People forget the rest of the quote ".... and another to take his money."

We are building a fighting force of extraordinary magnitude. We forge our tradition in the spirit of our ancestors. You have our gratitude.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:57 am 

backnblack wrote:
thescout wrote:

Agreed. I may be more of a democrat however even though I side with the left politics does turn me off because most of the time the politicians are in it for themselves. They'll say or do anything to get your vote yet nothing really never changes. Palin, I can't think of another politician or should I say person acting like a politician, knows their's a fool born every minute and does pander to a group who hate the left (dems) so much they'll listen to whatever spew comes out of her mouth.I don't think the GOP takes her seriously either yet Palin is smart enough to know their is great money in politics.Just play the part and say whatever people want to hear but above all make the most of the money opportuities while it last. No politician in history has tried to patent their own name, had their own reality show and I can't think of to many that have quit being govenor. She made that lame excuse saying how she had all these law suits on her and she could do more good representing the GOP as a speaker. Did anyone really take her seriously when she said both of those things? It was really easy to read what she was after her popularity. Palin loves being in the limelight and her family will do anything to captialize on it. Bristol even has her own radio show now without one ounce of experience could any normal person get that far? In her defense would any of us really turn down the opportunities given to Palin and her family. I mean its making the most of the opportunities you have in life right? Palin has done a fine job of maximizing her earning potential. There is just something disdain though about the way she goes about it. Those companies who give her the 75-100,000 dollar speaking fees just want people to come and what greater way then to have a media overblown celeb in Palin speak or show up. It's really nuts how this woman makes so much money yet what are her skills? People love beautiful people Palin qualifies. She's a former govenor so people get sucked into the fact that they believe she's a good politician. Fact is when she was a politician she had many mayors of different cities in Alaska needing her help and she wasn't available. She was at home trying to raise her kids and all the other hoopla except doing her duties as govenor. It wasn't like Alaska was Texas in the way you govenor a state. Alaska's main resource is oil and did take on some heavy weights to get some things done but these really were no brainers. The emails that will soon be released should be fairly revealing of what went on behind the scenes when Palin was govenor.

Anyway the gravy train is full steam ahead for the Palin's. I'm just wondering when the train stops? Why work when you can have the media blow your name up and make a living the easy way which Palin has figured out how to do with expertise. None of the kids or Todd will ever have to work like normal people so it's like royalty with the Palin's.Palin also knows it's important to keep her name in the limelight so people don't forget about her saying anything to achieve the result. Just keep opening up the bank vaults and the Palin's will collect you can count on it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:58 am 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/fea ... ow-201103#

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:28 pm 

Oh goody another Palin book coming out. Like Momma Grizzly like daughter. Take the millions while you can since daughter Bristol really isn't qualified to do anything else except work at Burger King. Most kids her age and older are working low paying jobs doing their time just trying to get experience. Bristol walks in the shoes of Momma Grizzly really not qualified to do her job but some how still makes millions. When will this family go away. :shock: Can Bristol even read a book?

Bristol Palin to write "intimate" book on her life
ShareretweetEmailPrint– Tue Mar 1, 12:14 pm ET
NEW YORK (Reuters) – Bristol Palin, the daughter of Tea Party favorite Sarah Palin, has signed a deal for a book her publisher describes as the first "intimate, behind-the-scenes look at her life."

Entitled "Not Afraid of Life", the book will be published this summer by William Morrow, an imprint of HarperCollins. The company announced the deal on Tuesday but declined to say how much it was worth.

"In 'Not Afraid of Life', Bristol gives readers an intimate behind-the-scenes look at her life for the first time, from growing up in Alaska to coming of age amid the media and political frenzy surrounding her mother's political rise," William Morrow said in a statement.

Portions of the book will also deal with the 20-year-old single mom's on-and-off romance with the father of her child, Levi Johnston, and her stint on ABC's hit-television show, "Dancing with the Stars", Morrow said.

"Plainspoken and disarmingly down to earth, Bristol offers new insight and understanding of who she is and what she values most," the statement added

Bristol Palin made national headlines last year when she reached the finals of "Dancing with the Stars", in which she ended in third place.

She is also a paid speaker for organizations supporting teen abstinence from sex before marriage, and appeared last year her mother's television show, "Sarah Palin's Alaska".

HarperCollins also published Sarah Palin's two best-selling books "Going Rogue" and "America by Heart: Reflections on Family, Faith, and Flag".

More in Entertainment
The New Royals: Insight on Prince William & Kate Middleton's wedding
Full coverage of the royal wedding on Yahoo! News
Complete entertainment coverageSarah Palin, the former Alaska governor and the Republican vice-presidential candidate in 2008, is a leading voice in the conservative Tea Party movement and is weighing a run for U.S. president in 2012.

(Reporting by Bernd Debusmann Jr.,

Profile E-mail