As the season has ended for many teams around the nation and the news heading towards the draft heats up, especially for the underclassmen, this will be your one stop for all the updated happenings. From now until January 18th we will update our live wire with all the information that will impact the 2011 NFL Draft, primarily targeting the underclassmen. Updated 12-30: Irish on the move? Another Cal underclassmen ball carrier headed to the NFL? 9PM- Update on two receivers!!!
- Sources on hand in San Antonio for last night’s Alamo Bowl have told us it looks like Oklahoma State receiver Justin Blackmon will enter the draft. Blackmon has a large entourage following him around and the word from those in the Oklahoma State camp was “he’s gone“. We will look to receiver further confirmation in the coming days.
- Still no word as to whether Arizona Wildcat receiver Juron Criner enters the draft from last night. Speculation is Criner will sit down with Arizona coach Mike Stoops to review the grade he received from the advisory committee and analyze his options.
- It looks more and more like a foregone conclusion that Utah cornerback Brandon Burton will enter the draft.
- Sources have told us that Cal running back Shane Vereen will enter the draft. Scouts have graded the ball carrier anywhere between a 3rd and 5th round prospect.
- The word in Tuscaloosa is that receiver Marquis Maze will enter the draft.
- Sources have said that despite public statements to the contrary, AJ Green will enter the draft and the Georgia receiver should make his announcement public by no later than Sunday.
- During our August preview of the Georgia pro-prospects we targeted offensive lineman Cordy Glenn as a player we really like. Evidently we are not alone. Beside scouts being high on the underclassman we understand Bulldogs coach Mark Richt has promised Glenn a chance to play left tackle if he returns for his senior season. A successful campaign at the position in 2011 will drive Glenn’s draft stock through the roof.
- Sources once again confirmed something we first told you during our podcast of October 27th; despite a serious hamstring injury which sidelined him for most of the season and will take months to rehabilitate, Notre Dame tight end Kyle Rudolph will enter the draft.
- We are hoping to have an update on Oklahoma State receiver Justin Blackmon sometime today. As of right now the talented red-shirt sophomore was 50/50 on his future plans.
- On the NFL coaching front several sources have given us the speculation inside the league including a possible Jim Harbaugh/Andrew Luck package to California and Gary Kubiak being the next head coach in Denver. Seems Kubiak is a favorite of owner Pat Bowlen.
- Back on September 20th we speculated that Stanford head coach Jim Harbaugh would be in line for an NFL coaching job. Our thinking at the time was the San Diego Chargers being a possibility, depending on how the team fared. Reports this morning have circulated that the San Fransisco 49ers have Harbaugh on their short list of head coaching candidates. This is important as it will have a major impact on the decision of Andre Luck, who we reported that same day as leaning towards the entering NFL draft.
- Tonight’s Insight Bowl between Missouri and Iowa could be the final game for a number of underclassmen. We mentioned the state of affairs with Aldon Smith and Blaine Gabbert in out Christmas Eve update. Moments ago sources intimate with the Hawkeye program told us Iowa cornerback Shaun Prater is also seriously considering making the jump to the NFL.