It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:28 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Allen Bailey
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:14 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

I wanted to know your guys thoughts on him. Apparently the Falcons have been scouting him hard so there's the potential he ends up an Atlanta Falcon. I personally don't think he's a good fit for us at all. Every time I watched him play, i was unimpressed and I always thought we needed more of a RDE then a LDE. What do you guys think about this?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Allen Bailey
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:52 pm 

I'm going to take a page from Pudge's book and say pass on Bailey. Most of the quality pass rushers in the NFL are speed guys from the edge like Abe,Freeney,Ware and I don't think Bailey as that kind of quickness. How quick is his first step and does he have moves to get around a off tackle? Pudge and I have talked about this before and I have to some what agree that there are no quslity pass rushers in this draft. There are alot of no2 type pass rushers probably get you 8-10 sacks a year.

Sometimes you never know about players. Whose the next Jared Allen? Look at Dumervil dropping in the draft and what he is doing or did. Hard to know what the Falcon's are thinking but if they do draft a def end or any player they must see something in the player.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:30 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

Would you say we need a pass-rusher though? I know a lot of people are saying we may be in the market for a LE and not a RE.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:06 pm 

Ceratinly we need a pass rusher but if a player with better potential is on the board I wouldn't take the lesser player if it were a def end. Everyone looks for pass rushers but the teams that try and force the pick can get burned much like we did with JAM.The Giants have good luck with def ends and a player like Osi or Tuck would be along the quickness line.How quick is Bailey? He's a bigger man so I imagine he isn't real quick like Abe,Ware,Freeney mold.Gems can be found but they are few and far between at def end.

Sid doesn't seem to get any playing time so I wonder if management is down on him? I do like the player out of Purdue def end but again he'' probably gets you 8-10 sacks a year as far as max potential.

Right now we could go in alot of different areas corner,def end,off lineman,receiver,tight end,running back,linebacker. There should be someone decent on the board come the Falcon's pick.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:08 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Yeah, I can't say Bailey is a great fit. Good athlete that I think will become a starter, but I don't think he's giong to be an impact starter. He doesn't have the first step off the edge to think he's more than a so-so fit as a LDE in a 4-3. And he doesn't hold up well inside vs. the run to think he's more than a so-so fit as a LDT in a 4-3. He's a guy that I think would fit better in a 3-4 scheme, but he's more likely to be a guy like Marcus Spears in that he's a decent starter that will make the occasional play, but won't make them on a consistent basis to merit his team having a ton of confidence in him. Spears has had 8 sacks and 14 tackles for loss in 5.5 years as a starter as a former 1st round pick.

Where did you hear the Falcons were interested him?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:24 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

Pudge wrote:
Yeah, I can't say Bailey is a great fit. Good athlete that I think will become a starter, but I don't think he's giong to be an impact starter. He doesn't have the first step off the edge to think he's more than a so-so fit as a LDE in a 4-3. And he doesn't hold up well inside vs. the run to think he's more than a so-so fit as a LDT in a 4-3. He's a guy that I think would fit better in a 3-4 scheme, but he's more likely to be a guy like Marcus Spears in that he's a decent starter that will make the occasional play, but won't make them on a consistent basis to merit his team having a ton of confidence in him. Spears has had 8 sacks and 14 tackles for loss in 5.5 years as a starter as a former 1st round pick.

Where did you hear the Falcons were interested him?

Over on AFMB. It was a quote by one of the guys from DraftScout. It said something along the lines of "The Falcons are scouting Allen Bailey hard"

Profile E-mail