It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:53 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: George W Bush book no1 NYTimes Bestseller
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:30 pm 

Buy your Geroge W Bush's book right here(link) no1 NY Times bestseller. :roll: :down: Bushy cashing in on his book deal.Must be nice write a book make a few million for doing a terrible job.

http://www.randomhouse.com/catalog/disp ... 90619.html

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: George W Bush book no1 NYTimes Bestseller
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:44 am 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I watched an interview with him plugging it. Now that he is out of office my view of him has softened. I still think he was a terrible President but I don't think he is a bad person...just not really up to the job. The notion that he is stupid is misguided as well. I don't think history will be as kind to him as he hopes. But he was certainly dealt a tough hand.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:21 am 

Agreed Bush I don't think he is a bad person but shouldn't have been the leader of the free world.Generally, you want someone that is smart and knows how to solve problems.People get that mixed up Bush the regular guy vs Bush the president. Time will soften people's feeling toward Bush but he was a disaster along with his administration. Rumfield the head of arm forces,huh? He was a top executive with one of the car companies how does that qualify for being head of the miliary? I'm sure people can point to any administration having unqualified people in high places but Bush will always stick out because he almost brought the great depression 2 as reality.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:09 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

thescout wrote:
Agreed Bush I don't think he is a bad person but shouldn't have been the leader of the free world.Generally, you want someone that is smart and knows how to solve problems.People get that mixed up Bush the regular guy vs Bush the president. Time will soften people's feeling toward Bush but he was a disaster along with his administration. Rumfield the head of arm forces,huh? He was a top executive with one of the car companies how does that qualify for being head of the miliary? I'm sure people can point to any administration having unqualified people in high places but Bush will always stick out because he almost brought the great depression 2 as reality.

That was Rumsfeldts SECOND time as SECDEF. Rumsfeld was qualified (perhaps one of the MOST qualified on paper), but was loathed by the military. He only wanted people who agreed with him. He refused to listen to Officers that did not agree with him.

Bush the lesser (43) proved that you can screw up a good thing. Budget Surplus? Pissed away. International goodwill? Pissed Away. Spirirt of bi-parisanship post 9-11? Pissed away. I could go on and on. He was a bad businessman and made a bad President.

I think he probably is a nice enough guy (since he got off the sauce), but he will go down as one of the worst Presidents in history.

We are building a fighting force of extraordinary magnitude. We forge our tradition in the spirit of our ancestors. You have our gratitude.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:07 pm 

Wease,your right about the military not standing Rumsfeld. The worst thing about Bush's administartion is no one listened to more knowledgeable people. They were so egotistical they didn't listen to anyone always believing they were right. Cheney,Rumsfeld,Bush, Henry Paulson to name the most notorious. I always respected Condelezza Rice but felt she was a pushover for Bush. Yes Mr.Bush I can have that done. Come to think of it there were alot of pushovers that always agreed with Bush and not enough people willing to stand up to him or other cabinet officials. When you have to many yes men your asking for trouble and that is why the country almost went into a depression.

Paulson, good grief what a disaster. His claim to fame was CEO of Goldman Sachs but he proved he didn't know diddily how to run the country. Right before the banks almost collapsed Paulson goes to Bush and says I believe we have a problem with concern. Geez,where were the warning bells at? Out of the blue this happened is what Paulson would want you to believe. Terrible job for not seeing the warning signs.

Bush I guess is hoping that people forget what a terrible job he did and time will soften the blow. There is just no excuse for not knowing your job particularly being President of the United States. I just wonder why the Republicans aren't sending Bush on tour to get people to vote Republican? I think even Bush's own party knew what a disaster he was for the country.

Bush them man probably a nice guy Bush the president disaster.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:07 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

It's hard to tell how history and time will judge the two men ( Carter and W). Having come to political 'age' during Carter, I recall how demonized Reagan was while in office, and as I quivered in my parachute pants, I imagined a nuclear holocuast that was sure to fall upon us as the Soviets would respond to our 'aggression'! Frankie say so! This many years later, the man is a Saint. Carter, on the other hand, is another 'generally good' guy that was not 'up to the task', and no matter how many shacks he builds the jury is still out. He was a complete bust. One thing is for certain, those two will mostly likely top the 'list' for quite awhile. I think if it had been anybody else besides W ( meaning that more was expected from him, coming from a political family with deep CIA ties) that screwed up that bad, history might soften or even give that person a 'pass' for being such a dumbass. But there's really no excuse. And I guess, in a way, Carter exactly gets this 'pass'. He was just another POTUS that was not very 'bright' and read people on the world stage wrong, just like W.

Yeah, I know he was a nuclear submariner. And W was a fighter pilot: big whoop. They were both dim and for that reason, I would never consider buying either's scribes :down:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:23 pm 

Oh come on Fun Gus W needs your money for the $300 million dollar library he's building. :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:00 am 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Wease wrote:
thescout wrote:

That was Rumsfeldts SECOND time as SECDEF. Rumsfeld was qualified (perhaps one of the MOST qualified on paper), but was loathed by the military. He only wanted people who agreed with him. He refused to listen to Officers that did not agree with him.

Bush the lesser (43) proved that you can screw up a good thing. Budget Surplus? Pissed away. International goodwill? Pissed Away. Spirirt of bi-parisanship post 9-11? Pissed away. I could go on and on. He was a bad businessman and made a bad President.

I think he probably is a nice enough guy (since he got off the sauce), but he will go down as one of the worst Presidents in history.

In his follow up book to We Were Soldiers Once...and Young Lt. Gen. Harold Moore said something like I never thought I would see another Sec of D who was worse than Robt. McNamara until D. Rumsfeld. Same mistake as VN...trying to fight a war on the cheap.