It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:25 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Fun Gus was wrong
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:20 am 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

Well, to be fair, in terms of a debate: she's already proven that if she has advance notice of WHO she is debating, she can hold her own ( see Joe Biden). The problem with her is if she is asked questions 'off the cuff' ( what magazines do you read?), she's not very savvy. In fact, she is almost as bad as ol Joe himself 8-)

We really should not talk about 'qualifications' in terms of POTUS considering what we got now.These 4 years is a good reason why the next POTUS needs more then 2 or 3 years in higher elected office to get the job done. Either that, or someone from the business sector that has demonstrated and ability to run a huge corporation and keep it profitable in trying times. Laugh all you want, but Trump or Blank would do a waaaay better job then either of those 2 clowns.

Ughhh. Why isn't Palin keeping her word? Do you know she has a rental residence in Iowa? I wonder why :evil:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:18 am 

Your right FunGus we really do need more of a business man running for president. The problem is most high quality ones don't run for president because they don't make enough money being a politician, At least Romney as owned his own business and I'm sure some others have started from scratch to be succesful. The media finds ways to tear candidates down or buildup. Like Bush who many questioned in 2004 except Bush's main speech writer Rove told Bush he needs to run on family values so people grasped on to that and Kerry ended up losing since people didn't think they were like them. People tend to vote for politicians who are like them or at least paint the picture like them. I mean come on Bush already had 20 million in the bank before being president. Came from money how is Bush like everyone else? Four years ladder people find out they got conned by Bush and the administration again.

Maybe thats why people like Palin she talks similar to the way the lady next door talks. Hockey puck mom, talking about kids all the time and all the BS Palin dishes out people eat that up thinking she's like them. So many politicians lose their way once they get to be a national celeb they forget the people.

Have a great Thanksgiving FunGus.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:26 pm 

Now Palin's trash talking Barbara Bush. As Palin ever met a microphone she didn't like? :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:09 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

fun gus wrote:
Well, to be fair, in terms of a debate: she's already proven that if she has advance notice of WHO she is debating, she can hold her own ( see Joe Biden). The problem with her is if she is asked questions 'off the cuff' ( what magazines do you read?), she's not very savvy. In fact, she is almost as bad as ol Joe himself 8-)

We really should not talk about 'qualifications' in terms of POTUS considering what we got now.These 4 years is a good reason why the next POTUS needs more then 2 or 3 years in higher elected office to get the job done. Either that, or someone from the business sector that has demonstrated and ability to run a huge corporation and keep it profitable in trying times. Laugh all you want, but Trump or Blank would do a waaaay better job then either of those 2 clowns.

Ughhh. Why isn't Palin keeping her word? Do you know she has a rental residence in Iowa? I wonder why :evil:

Even Obama doesn't do many press conferences. Very orchestrated.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:13 pm 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

backnblack wrote:
fun gus wrote:

Even Obama doesn't do many press conferences. Very orchestrated.

I disagree. GWB holds the record for least amount of pressers: Obama has eclipsed him in one half term. But, GWB teleprompter was 'lazy', Obama's is ON IT. He may not take too many questions: but he cannot avoid a mike or a camera, either :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:30 am 

Over 2000 people stood in line when Sarah Palin would only sign 500 books at the Meijer store. What's wrong with these people standing in line to meet with someone who has wrote more books than she has read. She knows where the cha ching is and is mikling every cent. Now just heard Todd Palin might be on Dancing with the Stars..please make it stop. :twisted: Go back to Alaska. America is sick of the Palins.

http://www.indystar.com/article/2010120 ... /1001/NEWS

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:02 am 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

thescout wrote:
Over 2000 people stood in line when Sarah Palin would only sign 500 books at the Meijer store. What's wrong with these people standing in line to meet with someone who has wrote more books than she has read. She knows where the cha ching is and is mikling every cent. Now just heard Todd Palin might be on Dancing with the Stars..please make it stop. :twisted: Go back to Alaska. America is sick of the Palins.

http://www.indystar.com/article/2010120 ... /1001/NEWS

:lol: