It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:16 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 273 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Official Falcfans 2009 Keeper League
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:31 am 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

Libid21 wrote:
I'll turn it down so you guys can find someone who will really be glued to their computer every single day making adjustments to their lineups and looking for trades that can bolster their team. I don't believe I'm the right man for this job. You guys enjoy your league.

Looks like you're right Libid. It also appears that Dave was right on the money as well.

We will be accepting other managers who want to apply.

Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
Vince Lombardi

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:23 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Libid21 wrote:
I'll turn it down so you guys can find someone who will really be glued to their computer every single day making adjustments to their lineups and looking for trades that can bolster their team. I don't believe I'm the right man for this job. You guys enjoy your league.

So much bitterness over fantasy football. :?:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:50 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

I'm not bitter, mr poopy pants!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:14 pm 

What are the odds everyone would be okay with a different draft date? I just realized it was the Sunday and not the Saturday of that weekend. I've had a trip to Seattle planned for awhile.

Anyone cool with moving it back to that Saturday?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:26 pm 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

dirtybirdnw wrote:
What are the odds everyone would be okay with a different draft date? I just realized it was the Sunday and not the Saturday of that weekend. I've had a trip to Seattle planned for awhile.

I have no problem with it, but in keeping with league rules, if anyone else has a problem with it they should speak up. We aren't going to keep changing the draft date as in years past.So speak NOW or forever hold your peace.

Vince Lombardi

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:21 pm 

BirdBrain wrote:
dirtybirdnw wrote:

I have no problem with it, but in keeping with league rules, if anyone else has a problem with it they should speak up. We aren't going to keep changing the draft date as in years past.So speak NOW or forever hold your peace.

Agreed... If too many folks have a problem with moving the date I'll just make sure I have my draft list setup proper. I hate to miss out on the live draft thought! I'm available any time of the day on that Saturday.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:54 am 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

Just to keep you guys informed:

Since no one came forward after Libids meltdown, I had no other choice but to fill the one slot with someone who will play and play the game well. Greg Costanza is a school teacher from Norfolk, Virginia. He has been playing Fantasy Sports a long time. He is a huge Braves fan, and a fair, reasonable guy who will fit in well in the League. For me , getting someone who will always play and play well was a coup. We couldn't afford to go into the season with a vacant slot. Greg's only drawback is he is a longtime Redskins fan, as is most of the Northern Virginia area.

I was very disappointed that we didn't get a good response to the voting on League business. Once again, if you didn't vote you don't belong in the League. If for some reason you didn't check this area the past three months then you need to do a better job of paying attention. For those who did vote, thanks!!! It helps a lot to get some feedback on the League. Like I have always said, this is our League and we have to discuss changes from time to time.

Vince Lombardi

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:15 am 

So you let this guy in the league?
:naughty:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:14 am 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

I'm sure GREG....not George has heard that joke a 1000 times... :rofl:

No SOUP for YOU!!!!

Vince Lombardi

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:26 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Any tips on keeper leagues in general BB? I had a crap season at 2-10 and want to improve some :(

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:39 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

BirdBrain wrote:
I was very disappointed that we didn't get a good response to the voting on League business. Once again, if you didn't vote you don't belong in the League. If for some reason you didn't check this area the past three months then you need to do a better job of paying attention. For those who did vote, thanks!!! It helps a lot to get some feedback on the League. Like I have always said, this is our League and we have to discuss changes from time to time.

What if we read and had no opinon? :whistle:

We are building a fighting force of extraordinary magnitude. We forge our tradition in the spirit of our ancestors. You have our gratitude.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:15 pm 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

Wease wrote:
BirdBrain wrote:

What if we read and had no opinon? :whistle:

Then write a blurb that you have no opinion during the voting process. Otherwise no one really knows if you have an opinion or not.

Vince Lombardi

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:01 pm 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

Twigster wrote:
Any tips on keeper leagues in general BB? I had a crap season at 2-10 and want to improve some :(

I wish I could give you a few magic bullets, but I can't. I don't want to come off as too obvious but it is basically three things.

1) Find a strategy that you believe is a winning method. You can find sites on the internet that are dedicated to just this premise.

2) Do comprehensive player research. Then make a list where your picks are in order. If you are wondering who to keep and who to drop look at injury history, and the depth chart of the team he will be playing for in 2010 and beyond. Does the player have a realistic chance of starting at some point???

3) During the season watch the waiver wire. Pick up players who can help you out next year. Pick up the handcuff players. That is players who are second in line to start at critical positions like RB and RB.

Vince Lombardi

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:22 pm 

And making quality trades just became a very critical part of the strategy. You have to think not just this season but in the future as well. Sure you could trade for Brett Favre this year and get a great fantasy Quarterback to try and lock up a title. But if it costs an young up & coming QB like say... Kevin Kolb. Is it worth it? Because Kolb could become Aaron Rodgers 2.0 while Brett Favre finally decides to retire.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:04 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Hey BB, a couple weeks ago ESPN said I would be getting the second pic in the draft, which logically I would since I believe I had the second worst team. Now it is saying that the draft order will be picked at random an hour prior to the draft? Can you shed some insight as to what this means. I am not sure if it means last seasons records mean nothing and espn will randomly pic an order or if it just means that people who took less than 8 keepers have moved in front of me for round 1.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:14 pm 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

DaveWaz wrote:
Hey BB, a couple weeks ago ESPN said I would be getting the second pic in the draft, which logically I would since I believe I had the second worst team. Now it is saying that the draft order will be picked at random an hour prior to the draft? Can you shed some insight as to what this means. I am not sure if it means last seasons records mean nothing and espn will randomly pic an order or if it just means that people who took less than 8 keepers have moved in front of me for round 1.

It means both Dave. We have always operated with the random draft. There is no reward for being last. And you are correct that players with less than 8 keepers will pick first. Cappy for example picked no keepers, leaving a player like Chris Johnson out there. This is just plain foolish....but who am I to say how managers run their teams.

Vince Lombardi

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:00 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

K, as for Cap, I haven't seen him on here in a while, last year I believe he missed the draft and now he has set no keepers? Perhaps you should send him a reminder email that he's in the league

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:02 pm 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

DaveWaz wrote:
K, as for Cap, I haven't seen him on here in a while, last year I believe he missed the draft and now he has set no keepers? Perhaps you should send him a reminder email that he's in the league

I have stated here and elsewhere that I send out numerous emails with advisories about changes etc.

Vince Lombardi

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:35 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

BirdBrain wrote:
DaveWaz wrote:

I have stated here and elsewhere that I send out numerous emails with advisories about changes etc.

I understand that, I guess my question is have you gotten a response or heard from him in any way? Not keeping anyone including the top running back in football sounds like a possible abandoned team to me.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:52 pm 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

DaveWaz wrote:
BirdBrain wrote:
DaveWaz wrote:

I understand that, I guess my question is have you gotten a response or heard from him in any way? Not keeping anyone including the top running back in football sounds like a possible abandoned team to me.

Please don't get me started on Cappy. How he maintains ANY role anywhere is beyond my level of comprehension. I pointed this out years ago when his lack of participation as a moderator was sorely lacking. And again as a "Capologist"....lol....that was quite a joke in itself. But you do have to give the winner of the League some props, and due respect for the upcoming year. We will wait and see if he shows up at the draft. If he doesn't then that will get the ball rolling. Once again this is why communication is so important in a fantasy league. Had he come into the forum and said what his plans were, then we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Vince Lombardi

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:34 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

BirdBrain wrote:
DaveWaz wrote:
BirdBrain wrote:
DaveWaz wrote:

Please don't get me started on Cappy. How he maintains ANY role anywhere is beyond my level of comprehension. I pointed this out years ago when his lack of participation as a moderator was sorely lacking. And again as a "Capologist"....lol....that was quite a joke in itself. But you do have to give the winner of the League some props, and due respect for the upcoming year. We will wait and see if he shows up at the draft. If he doesn't then that will get the ball rolling. Once again this is why communication is so important in a fantasy league. Had he come into the forum and said what his plans were, then we wouldn't be having this conversation.[/qu

K thanks for the update

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:38 pm 

Cappy has disappeared over recent years hasn't he?

Weird as he used to be one of the most active posters on the board.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:18 pm 
Cap Guru
Cap Guru

dirtybirdnw wrote:
Cappy has disappeared over recent years hasn't he?

Weird as he used to be one of the most active posters on the board.

I'm here.

Birdbrain - I would like to request to be able to set my keepers prior to the draft. I really do wish I could say it was an oversight on my part but my computer crashed and I've been down for the past week and a half without any kind of access and just got back running today. Wanted to do this openly so everyone knew what the deal was.

I'll be very active just as I was last season on the way to the 'ship ;)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:22 pm 
Cap Guru
Cap Guru

BirdBrain wrote:
DaveWaz wrote:
BirdBrain wrote:
DaveWaz wrote:

Please don't get me started on Cappy. How he maintains ANY role anywhere is beyond my level of comprehension. I pointed this out years ago when his lack of participation as a moderator was sorely lacking. And again as a "Capologist"....lol....that was quite a joke in itself. But you do have to give the winner of the League some props, and due respect for the upcoming year. We will wait and see if he shows up at the draft. If he doesn't then that will get the ball rolling. Once again this is why communication is so important in a fantasy league. Had he come into the forum and said what his plans were, then we wouldn't be having this conversation.

I will have to respond to this. I was told by several that I "overparticipated" as a moderator with my editing of language,etc. Any issue brought to my attention was and is addressed by either myself or taking it to Pudge. As for the cap stuff, I did it for as long as information was available to me, that ceased several seasons ago thanks to quite a few things that were completely out of my control. If I could have gotten to the forums to communicate, I certainly would have but this is my first opportunity to have done so as my computer at work blocks message boards.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:26 am 
Superstar
Superstar

Well you only did have 4 months to set your keepers lol, anyways I'm glad to see your still playing and posting.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 273 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next