It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:36 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Men In Black 3 Coming Out 2012
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 2:40 pm 

I'm sure you all are awaiting bated breath for the next Men In Black 3 movie.Yeah I know I say that sarcastically but there will be another Men In Black Movie. :roll: I sure hope its better than movie 2 which wasn't very good.

Will Smith WILL be back for a 3-D Men in Black III

Looks like Will Smith with be donning dark glasses again after all. As for the rest of us, we'll be wearing shades of a different variety—the 3-D kind. Last week, we reported that Will Smith hadn't yet decided whether his next project would be Sony's Men in Black III or Twentieth Century Fox's The City That Sailed.

Now, according to Variety, Smith has decided to reteam with director Barry Sonnenfeld for a third installment of Men in Black, for which Steven Spielberg will act as executive producer.

"Sony's summer of 2012 will get off to a red-hot start with an incredible new 3-D adventure for the Men in Black," said Jeff Blake, Sony's chairman of worldwide marketing and distribution. "We couldn't be more excited that the original filmmaking team responsible for the first two worldwide hits is reuniting for this third installment."

Production for the third installment in the franchise is set begin this fall. Tommy Lee Jones is currently in advanced negotiations to return as Agent Kay, and Josh Brolin is in talks to star as a young Agent Kay.

Sony plans to release the 3-D sequel on May 25, 2012. Do you plan on being there?

For the latest sci-fi news, follow us on Twitter at

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Men In Black 3 Coming Out 2012
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 6:21 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Sorry scout, I gotta disagree. I loved Men in Black 2, I thought it was hilarious. It's got that classic Sonnenfield humor which you kind of miss on the first viewing in the theater, but after seeing a 2nd time at home, you get a lot more of the little, subtler jokes. I don't have high expectations for a third film, but if Will Smith and Sonnenfield are doing it again, then it shoudl at least be entertaining if the plot doesn't get too convoluted. Not sure about this potential casting of Josh Brolin, only because of the possibility it may try to introduce time travel into the plot, and that would be a very bad move for this kind of movie. But we'll see.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 1:39 am 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I've tried to watch the first one a couple of times but give up after about halfway through. I usually like those guys (how can you not be drawn to actors named Smith and Jones?) but that franchise bores me to tears....maybe Rocky and Jaws VS. MIB?

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 2:02 pm 

Just read that MIB3 will involve time travel. :down:

Profile E-mail