It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:23 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 273 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Official Falcfans 2009 Keeper League
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:16 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

draft orders messed up :evil: mother f'r we are screwed
Mt Sinai Heffers has 4 keepers and finished 7-5 last year and has the 2nd pick???

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:37 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

nevermind lol

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:12 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

Any way I can join the keeper league this year? I believe I joined one last year, I don't know if that was the keeper league though. I couldn't keep active, and most of it was because I lost interest in the league structure (ESPN), but after playing fantasy baseball with ESPN this year, I think I'm willing to try it out again. It has a good feel to it, and I think I'm ready to try again. I'd understand if you guys didn't let me in though because I'm not as active in the forum and kind of bailed out on you guys last year. Sorry, and this year I won't let you guys down on my commitment! I plan on going into only one league (hopefully this Keeper one), two the most!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:02 pm 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

Right now there isn't a slot...but will keep you in mind.

Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
Vince Lombardi

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:04 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

Alright, thanks. :D

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:57 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

:rofl: :rofl:

Always good for a 5-minute diversion.

http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:03 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

Haha... seriously though, do you guys see any slots possibly opening up this year? Does that usually happen anyways?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:17 pm 

I'm not sure, there always seems to be somebody that is unaware it's a keeper league. BirdBrain and Happ are more in tune with where the league is as a whole, so either one of them would probalby have a better clue if they think someone is going to drop out between now and August.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:24 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

Sweet! I'll keep track of this thread then... but if you ever need me, just shoot me an email guys.

mlibid@gmail.com

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:14 am 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

It does appear that we do have an opening. Considering that you did quit the league once, your membership will have to come up for a league vote. This will take place over the next month or so. Anyone else who wishes to apply for the league can also submit their name for approval.

Vince Lombardi

Last edited by BirdBrain on Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:22 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

NOOOO ... alright, I understand. Please vote me in, guys! :pray:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 1:26 pm 

Speaking of... When will the league be ready for the next season so I can play with my roster again!?

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:42 am 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

dirtybirdnw wrote:
Speaking of... When will the league be ready for the next season so I can play with my roster again!?

League will be activated around June 1st or so...the draft will be in August. There are certain aspects of League Business to be addressed before then.

Vince Lombardi

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 12:33 pm 

I just set my keepers: Rivers, Gore, MJD, and Dallas Clark.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 3:32 am 
Veteran
Veteran

Any update on that open slot yet?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 4:00 am 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

Libid21 wrote:
Any update on that open slot yet?

League has been activated. Anyone who wants to make their case for the open slot can post it here. Anyone who objects to Libid has until 15 June to make their case. League voting on business will be from 16-30 June.

League items to be discussed here:

1. New members. Discussed above.

2. Raising the total of keepers from 4 to ???. This dynasty format has been discussed before, but never seriously. I personally would like the league to go to at least 8 keepers. This solidifies the identity of your team, and makes it more like managing a real team. This also rewards managers who pay attention to the League. Rather than a bad manager who ends up with high draft picks, scalping the good players up in the draft, thus rewarding a bad manager. This also helps a manager develop players, keeping a player with great potential.

3. Adding an offensive position. This will improve strategy and help a manager use his bench more effectively.

4. Tweaking the defensive points awarded. Just take a look at the settings. I think sacks should be worth 2 points, rather than one. And also I think the defensive points allowed should be tweaked as well to reflect a more realistic defense.

Any other thoughts or recommendations are appreciated. This is your League. The better we can make it , the more fun it will be. Full participation is required. Failure to do so will result in a warning. Followed by a League vote to dismiss the manager. Close attention to game day starting lineups are critical.

Vince Lombardi

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 12:52 pm 

1. I got no problem with Libid joining. Who else is in the running?

2. I'd be in favor of increasing the number to 5 or 6 keepers, but not anymore than that.

3. I'm assuming you mean to the starting lineup? I'm fine with it the way it is.

4. I'd be in favor of sacks counting 2 points. I also noticed that if a defense allows 18-21 points I guess they get 0 points. I think that should be added to the 1 point for teams that allow 14-17 points.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 1:43 pm 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

No one else is in the running, but you do have to be fair and open it up to any other members who wish to play. Considering Libid already was dropped once, it is also fair to the League to vote on his reinstatement.

Vince Lombardi

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 2:31 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Libid can join back in it's not a problem, but if he isn't active this year he should be gone. My team is a joke, but I am still going to compete. I didn't do too bad, as I won five games ( I started 3-0, I was already popping bottles thinking the league is mine then it turned poop). My keepers are like Schaub, Jackson, Celek, and Hines Ward. The first two are pretty good picks, but whenever Hines Ward is one of your keepers your team blows. Same for Celek, but hey I will avoid all Bucs this year. Last year, I drafted Winslow, Ward, and Bryant and it completely destroyed my team. The Bucs always look to screw up a Falcon fan in any way, shape, or form :evil: .

I'm a Devin Hester guy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:05 pm 

1. No complaints with Libid joining back up. He seems interested this time around to keep the team going.

2. If we really want a true legacy league I would wait another season and then start a new league with that format. I think the "keeper" leagues only go 3 years on ESPN no?

3. I'm also fine with the way the roster is currently setup. One thing that always annoyed me about fantasy baseball was the fact that you had a crap ton of starters that isn't even remotely close to a real baseball game. The idea is to simulate a fantasy season with a fantasy team. Not a a random points fest.

*I would make one exception... If there was some way to include a returner slot to the rosters. Give an extra dynamic in having to have a return guy on the roster. Though, I think in ESPN fantasy teams are counted based off the defense you select. Seems counter-intuitive.

4. I'm fine with sacks counting as 2 points. Beyond that I need to do a quick review of the defensive points system to make any additional comment!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:43 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

If I do get the team, I will be inheriting one, correct? Please excuse me because this will be the first 'dynasty' fantasy I would ever have (if I do get it). I've played enough fantasy sports to get around the learning curve I think. Thanks.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:28 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

K my point of view Libid you f'd us once why would it be any different? Free Fantasy football is played for respect and you lost that when you disrespected the entire league by not giving a s***, sorry but I think we can do better, but if no one else wants in i would agree to his re entry by default. Nothing against you Libid just the way you disrespected our league, if you do get in I hope you take the 5 minutes a week to update your team. As for the number of and position of players I like them where they are. As for the number of keepers I would like to keep them at 4 then switch to a dynasty team next year when we have truley solidified all positions. anyways I'm glad you're into this bb as a good and active commish will make or break any league.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:12 am 
Veteran
Veteran

DaveWaz wrote:
K my point of view Libid you f'd us once why would it be any different? Free Fantasy football is played for respect and you lost that when you disrespected the entire league by not giving a s***, sorry but I think we can do better, but if no one else wants in i would agree to his re entry by default. Nothing against you Libid just the way you disrespected our league, if you do get in I hope you take the 5 minutes a week to update your team. As for the number of and position of players I like them where they are. As for the number of keepers I would like to keep them at 4 then switch to a dynasty team next year when we have truley solidified all positions. anyways I'm glad you're into this bb as a good and active commish will make or break any league.

Wow. Quite the harsh statements, but what do you think would be worse? Keep "f'ing you guys" (don't believe I f**** anyone, but ok) or realize that what I did was a mistake and try to cut the s*** then to save the league some more problems? And yes, it was a free fantasy football league and I put no serious $$$ in the hat, so if anything comes up in my life that demands more attention than some free fantasy football league then I will not hesitate to pick that issue over this league. And I'll be going into the year with that mentality along with every single league that I join in, as I have always been. If that is a problem then I will find another football league to join. Not that I am holding you guys hostage, but when I join a league I'm looking to stay as active as possible and I don't look for a way to "fck" anyone.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:48 pm 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

OK...the league has spoken. You're in Libid. I'll be sending you an invite in the coming days.

Vince Lombardi

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:38 am 
Veteran
Veteran

I'll turn it down so you guys can find someone who will really be glued to their computer every single day making adjustments to their lineups and looking for trades that can bolster their team. I don't believe I'm the right man for this job. You guys enjoy your league.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 273 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next