At least we are not the Jets.......

All things related to the Atlanta Falcons, NFL and pro football related.
Davewaz

At least we are not the Jets.......

Postby Davewaz » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:36 pm

Davewaz

Re: At least we are not the Jets.......

Postby Davewaz » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:06 pm

Oh and I'm glad we aren't the Bills either, as they just signed the guy who through the punch :o I'm so happy we didn't get Rex as our coach, this guy is an idiot, it's going to take Todd Bowles 2-3 years to get all of Rex's scumbags out of that locker room.

Pudge
Site Admin

Postby Pudge » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:08 pm

Is I.K. a scumbag because he punched a guy in the face? How does that make any sense?

I love how people think it's perfectly acceptable for human beings to collide into each at 15 mph, but should you rear back and hit one in the face because of a dispute, that now becomes an inappropriate level of violence.

As long as violence is sanctioned in sports like football, hockey, rugby, MMA, boxing, etc. it's OK. But when there are no officials there, it's totally inappropriate! :roll:

http://thebiglead.com/2015/08/12/geno-s ... ed-finger/

Davewaz

Postby Davewaz » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:19 am

A scumbag no, an unproffesional idiot I wouldn't want in my organization yes.

Pudge
Site Admin

Postby Pudge » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:55 pm

He took things too far. He's got a temper. There are a lot of players like that in the NFL. This incident IMO should no more be a black eye against him than Ryan Schraeder swinging on Jacques Smith during last summer's training camp. But I'm sure you don't mind having him in your organization.

I just don't get how this incident is some unspeakable act of violence when the other 7,000 acts of violence that occur around and between football players every friggin' day is just largely ignored. It's only because of who he hit and that he hit him so hard that he put his career on hiatus.

Isn't that exactly what you want in a pass-rusher? To hit a QB so hard that he doesn't get back up? :lol:

I don't fault the Jets for cutting him. You have to do that. But if I'm one of the other 31 teams, I wouldn't bat an eye to pick him up. I mean it's not like he's going to hit my quarterback like that. Because every other QB is now on notice to pay him back promptly or pay the consequences. ;)

Cyril

Postby Cyril » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:02 am

Isn't that exactly what you want in a pass-rusher? To hit a QB so hard that he doesn't get back up?

Sorry Pudge bit it seems our football fans are watching soccer!! I love the guys here, but over the years, their's no killer instinct!! Sure hitting a player in the face is not love, but where I come from you hit back!!

Pudge Wrote
I just don't get how this incident is some unspeakable act of violence when the other 7,000 acts of violence that occur around and between football players every friggin' day is just largely ignored.

Jeez Pudge, don't you see?? " We are ignoring the 7,000 other acts??

Return to “The Huddle”