It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:27 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: WR option
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:14 pm 
Role Player
Role Player

Just heard news that Muhammed's signing in Chicago has led the Bears to drop Terrell. His name has been mentioned here and other boards before as a possible trade target. Since he is on the open market should Atl take a shot at him. I think we could at least look into him, offer the one year contract and try to sell him on one of those "come here for a year and try to resurect your career, after that who knows" deals. Any guesses on what his open market value is?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:44 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

I don't think going after Terrell would be a good idea. We already have one of CHI's lousy WRs, we definitely don't need another. Terrell is a headcase as well. I have a feeling ATL wouldn't go after him primarily because of his character issues. It's unforntunate that such an athletically gifted player like Terrell isn't going to reach his full potential because of his lack of character.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:03 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

I was one of those people for trading for Terrell before last season and the year before, thinking along similar lines that a change of scenery would be good for him. But at this juncture, I've changed my mind.

Terrell's actions have gone even further down the drain since that time in Chicago. Maybe, I'd be willing to take a chance on him during the regular season if we suffer a major injury, but not unless we needed an experienced WR in an emergency situation.

At this point, I don't see anything resurrecting Terrell's career. If the Falcons are going after any available WRs, they should just aim high and go after Derrick Mason.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:21 pm 
Role Player
Role Player

Wasn't he the single most penalized player on the Bears team last year? Exactly what would he bring to this team, other than holding calls and false starts?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:17 am 
Cap Guru
Cap Guru

I'd like to see what happens as this offense developes first.

1. Price is rumored to have had a vision problem. Maybe that's why he struggled.
2. White is still young and made some key plays last year. Perhaps as the offense develops he does too.
3. Fin is fin, he's a solid #3.
4. Jenkins is young and developing. Let's see where he goes too.
5. My dark horse candidate this year (same as last actually), Kendrick Mosley. He was lights out in camp until getting hurt at the end. He's a good kick returner in addition to having all the measurables and work ethic you want at WR.