It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:50 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Game Six Review
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:13 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Very sorry for tardiness, I am making up all of the reviews this week. Anyway, this game was an absolute trainwreck after the first quarter. The momentum was lost once Ryan fumbled in good possession after getting stripped by Ware. The o-line really didn't block for anyone except Snelling, although there was an obvious lack of pop from Turner. Ryan was getting harassed, he forced way to many passes, and looked confused. The pass defense was bad because the front four couldn't get pressure. The blitzes were ineffective as well. Grimes played pathetic, Houston played like Chris Houston, and Jackson once again has failed to do anything. Also, the special teams what happened?

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=291025006

Passing

C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT RATING
M. Ryan 19/35 198 5.7 2 2 66.1

Ryan was under pressure all day. He was flawless in the first drive and that was about it. He didn't take shots downfield and constantly forced the ball to Gonzalez. A forgettable day to say the least about Matty. In my view, his worst game of the year.

Rushing

CAR YDS AVG TD LG
J. Snelling 7 68 9.7 0 31
M. Turner 18 50 2.8 1 15
M. Ryan 1 6 6.0 0 6
Team 26 124 4.8 1 31

Just god awful. I went on a ranting rampage on how Turner blows. He showed not much effort and slowness. This game led to controversy wondering is he finished. Snelling was just rolling, as he got big gains on nearly half his carries. He looked like a 50 times better verison of Duckett.

Receiving

REC YDS AVG TD LG TGTS
R. White 6 50 8.3 1 12 11
T. Gonzalez 4 37 9.3 0 17 7
E. Weems 2 33 16.5 1 30 2
B. Finneran 2 22 11.0 0 17 3
M. Jenkins 2 22 11.0 0 13 4
M. Booker 1 14 14.0 0 14 1
V. Haynes 1 10 10.0 0 10 2
J. Snelling 1 10 10.0 0 10 1
Team 19 198 10.4 2 30 31

A pretty bad day by this core. They struggled to get open and were getting owned physically. Jenkins was getting destroyed on his routes by Mike Jenkins and gasp at one point Roddy White. It wasn't like they had enough time to finish there routes as the o-line was plain bad.

Blocking

Run Blocking: McClure stood out well as the man who was getting owned. Ratliff made a fool out of McClure, which didn't surprise me. It seemed like Dahl and Clabo were decent in run blocking as the Falcons had some success running to the right side.

Pass Blocking: First time in a while I have to talk about sacks. They struggled to handle blitzes and then regular 4 man rushes. DeMarcus Ware and Jay Ratliff were mostly the culprits of the damage. Those guys finally played up to what they should be doing. Overall, Clabo allowed 2 sacks, Blalock allowed 1, and Dahl allowed one.

So this season to this game

Clabo-2
Blalock- 1
Dahl-1
Baker- 1
unblocked-1 ( Jason Taylor)

TACKLES MISC
TOT SOLO SACKS TFL PD QB HTS
E. Coleman 13 9 0 0 0 0
T. DeCoud 10 8 1 2 1 1
C. Lofton 5 3 0 0 0 0
C. Houston 4 3 0 0 0 0
M. Peterson 4 1 0 0 0 0
S. Nicholas 3 3 1 1 0 1
B. Grimes 3 3 0 0 1 0 1 FUM Rec
C. Jackson 2 2 0 0 0 0
K. Biermann 2 1 0 0 0 0
J. Abraham 2 1 0 0 0 0
R. White 1 1 0 0 0 0
J. Snelling 1 1 0 0 0 0
J. Anderson 1 1 0 1 0 1
B. Finneran 1 1 0 0 0 0
T. Johnson 1 1 0 0 0 0 1 FF
C. Wire 1 1 0 0 0 0
M. Schneck 1 1 0 0 0 0
J. Babineaux 1 0 0 0 0
T. Lewis 1 0 0 0 0 0
Team 57 41 2 4 2 3

Run Defense

For the most part, they contained them well. I was impressed how they made Marion Barber pretty ineffective. If it wasn't for Romo's scrambling, the run average for Cowboys would be much lower. Thomas Johnson forced a fumble on a run by Jones that was recovered by Grimes.

Coverage

The coverage was awful with some blame to lack of pressure. Grimes was just playing so back that if Roy Williams could actually hold on to a ball, the Falcons would have gotten killed even more. Houston got burnt on a catch by Austin deep. It just seems Houston is always a step late and can't recover because of his lack of awareness or talent. It's just mind boggling how much Brian Williams was missed. DeCoud got burnt by Austin, which didn't surprise overall a bad setup by the Falcons on that play. It was the missed tackle that pissed me off. Also, John Abraham covering Jason Witten? Van Gorder you sure you know what your doing I hope? DeCoud and Grimes were the only people to have pass defensed.

Pressure

The low point of the game for defense. The Cowboys did their best putting at least two men on Abe and knowing their superior o-line could dominate the Falcons front four. Romo had time on about three fourth's of his throw. It was sickening after just about the whole front four missed Romo just to see him throw a TD to Crayton at the end of the half. Jam played well, he beat Leonard Davis a couple times and got credited with a QB hit. The Falcons sacked Romo twice on blitzes that were actually effective by DeCoud and Nicholas

Special Teams

Elam wasn't used once again. Koenen had a solid game, he did chip one, but overall a 46 average. Weems did nothing on kickoffs or punt returns. As for the punt return touchdown, the Falcons just put themselves in a bad position and Crayton had the space to take it all the way.

Once again sorry for the tardiness. I will post the Saints review tomorrow and hopefully the Redskins review on Thursday or before Sunday. I hope you enjoyed it and I hope not to make any more depressing reviews like this one.

Cowboys 37- Falcons 21

I'm a Devin Hester guy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Game Six Review
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:37 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

I'd suggest just going to game 8.... Week 6 is old stuff and you can get us there in the game from last Sunday (:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:49 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Sorry Cyril. The Saints game was magical, I have to put my review about that game.

I'm a Devin Hester guy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:57 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

There were no players of the week in that game cause EVERYONE STUNK!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a Devin Hester guy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:47 am 
Superstar
Superstar

I suggest you save all these posts Emmitt. Even though late they are great assessments.