It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:29 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Help me out
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:50 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I was hoping you guys could help me out for a little project I am doing for my Mass Media class.

If you guys live in the Tri-State area (NJ, Penn., NY) please ignore this. But for all you others (especially DirtyBirdNW and other WestCoasters and my people from the South) please answer this with only the FACTS that you know, please no opinions.

Anywho.......Do you guys know who Jim McGreevey is and what do you KNOW about him?

Again, please no opinions on him, I just want to know what you guys know about him. Also please don't google him, thats cheating :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:33 pm 

Never heard of the name vickis (now can I google him?). :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:50 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

He was the infamous homosexual governor of Jersey who resigned in ...04?
I think....yeah, that is all i know

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:44 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Correct MickVick. And now let me ask you some follow ups.

Besides his sexual preference what else do you know about him? Do you know the reason he resigned? Do you know anything about his policy? Do you know what laws he has authorized/denied? Basically do you know anything about his tenure as Gov.?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:47 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Dirty, you're a GOP'er correct? You should know who he is. I'm disappointed in you. :cry:

But maybe it's not your fault...I'll debrief you guys when I see if I get more responses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:20 pm 

vickisthebest wrote:
Dirty, you're a GOP'er correct? You should know who he is. I'm disappointed in you. :cry:

But maybe it's not your fault...I'll debrief you guys when I see if I get more responses.

I am a GOP'er although enduring college and work fulltime has reduced my news retention abilities. After mickvick noting what he is infamous for I remember the story but vaguely. I personally have a lot of distaste for the east coast (no slight on any of you east-costers) and don't pay much attention to east-coast news.

Now I do know about the allegedly gay governor of Spokane, Washington. I usually stick to local issues and news as opposed to national. I do keep up on things such as Social Secruity (which should be shot into space with a bundle of the most advanced nuclear warheads that we have and detonated), Supreme Court Nominations, and so on.

Anywho... Ask me about Washington and Oregon and I can give you quick fire respones. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:58 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

vickisthebest wrote:
Correct MickVick. And now let me ask you some follow ups.

Besides his sexual preference what else do you know about him? Do you know the reason he resigned? Do you know anything about his policy? Do you know what laws he has authorized/denied? Basically do you know anything about his tenure as Gov.?

I always thought he resigned, because he didn't want to take the heat of the public, from his homosexuality...but as for the others, i have no idea :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:49 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Ok, I guess no one else will chime in so here we go....

James McGreevey is probably one of the most corrupt Governors in Americas recent history and hands down NJ's most corrupt Governors. I am doing a project in which I claim the mass media has not properly disclosed all of his information to the national public because of his party affiliation. I am proposing that the majority of Americans do not even know who he is, and the ones that do are not entirely informed on his administration and the reasons he resigned. I also am claiming that if he were a republican his story would've more popular among the mass media.

After two failed Gov. campaigns he found some friends with alot of money to help him run a third time. He reverted to lies that have been proven false and smear tatics during his third attempt. He won this election and since his inaguration alot of unqualified people have recieved high level, high pay and highly important jobs. But we'll get into that in a minute. The Tri-State area is becoming notorious for the "Pay-to-Play" controversy and it appears that McGreevey is part of a larger group, so to speak. But this is a different topic for another day.

There are too many things to list so I will just list the major offenses.

- He has raised taxes like there was no tommorrow and while this is not a crime the NJ Supreme Court found his Property Tax raise was unconstitutional because it was nothing more then an attempt to cover his exessive spending.

- He appointed a lover head of NJ's department of homeland secuirty. This guy never worked security in his life despite lies that he has, reports are his day consisted of playing solitare on his cpu, visiting internet chat rooms, napping, and just brisk walks around the building. All at a 6 figure salary. Also keep in mind we have the largest port on the eastern seaboard(Newark) It should also be noted that this guy claims the relationship ws never consentual but that is a lie.

- Google the names Charles Kushner, Amiri Baraka, Joseph Santiago, Golan Cipel, Roger Chugh and David D'Amiano.

- If you know about the government of Philadelphia and the office of Mayor John Street look up the mayors connections to Trenton.(NJ capital)

- Money is unaccounted for in his budgets and supposed surplus' that were doctumented as shuld be being there was infact a deficit. Taxes were raised across the board while spending was cut across the board but the money is simply not there. Now these budgets do not say the same thing they said a couple years ago and most the important incrimmination ones (withe the name s of the people mentioned above) have been lost or altered. Popular opinion her in NJ is it was most likely laundered as payment to the people who put him in office.

- He cut Special Education programs from State colleges and universities and put into motion similar plans for secondary schools. This resulted in a uproar in a majority of communities and have been partially scaled back since he left office.

There is alot more but this is getting too long. If any of you are interested in this just google but you have to do some digging and try to find NJ websites or websites that talk about the whoe Tri-State area corruption. Again I think McGreevey was just part of a bigger gang and to tell you the truth I'm not all that sure he is actually gay, but thats a different topic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:48 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

The name didn't ring a bell at all until someone said what he was known for...lol

You're 200% right about him catching a lot more heat if he were a Republican. If he were a Repub, Moore would have made a movie about him & his exploits. It's something I have learned to accept.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:28 am 
Playmaker
Playmaker

Does he still live in Jersey?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:00 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

You're 200% right about him catching a lot more heat if he were a Republican. If he were a Repub, Moore would have made a movie about him & his exploits. It's something I have learned to accept.

I could also say the same thing about Mayor John Street of Philadelphia. Everyone around him is getting indicted for the infamous "Pay-to-Play", but the feds have been unable to get him red handed. Even after they wiretapped his office they still couldnt get nything incriminating. John Street is a very smart man that has erased his tracks. Good thing I cant say the same about McGreevey.

I have no clue. He has dropped off the face of the planet since he left office, and I'm not complaining, however I think he should be held accouintable for our states skewed funds that him and his friend have their fingerprints all over.

The real reason he resigned = New Jersian were putting 2 and 2 together and were starting to make way to get him out of office with charges pending, NOT because of his sexual preference.

Unfortunately......since he announced his resignation all State evidence against him has been lost or misplaced and witness' have changed their story or refuse to testify against him.

But more importantly....the interim administration(Lt. Gov. Rich Cody) announced within a week of taking over for McGreevey that no charges would be brought to the former Govs office. Newly elected Gov. Jon Corzine (former NJ senator) has dodged questions about the McGreevey contoversy and whether he would continue a State investigation. But the man Corzine was runnig against Doug Forrester stated that if elected he would continue the investigation of our States problem with corruption, (but he never mentioned McGreevey or his administration)

Another thing thats bothers me about this is the Federal Governments lack of interest in this. They seem to be more interested in trying to bring down Philly Mayor John Street.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:08 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

vickisthebest wrote:

I could also say the same thing about Mayor John Street of Philadelphia. Everyone around him is getting indicted for the infamous "Pay-to-Play", but the feds have been unable to get him red handed. Even after they wiretapped his office they still couldnt get nything incriminating. John Street is a very smart man that has erased his tracks. Good thing I cant say the same about McGreevey.

I have no clue. He has dropped off the face of the planet since he left office, and I'm not complaining, however I think he should be held accouintable for our states skewed funds that him and his friend have their fingerprints all over.

The real reason he resigned = New Jersian were putting 2 and 2 together and were starting to make way to get him out of office with charges pending, NOT because of his sexual preference.

Unfortunately......since he announced his resignation all State evidence against him has been lost or misplaced and witness' have changed their story or refuse to testify against him.

But more importantly....the interim administration(Lt. Gov. Rich Cody) announced within a week of taking over for McGreevey that no charges would be brought to the former Govs office. Newly elected Gov. Jon Corzine (former NJ senator) has dodged questions about the McGreevey contoversy and whether he would continue a State investigation. But the man Corzine was runnig against Doug Forrester stated that if elected he would continue the investigation of our States problem with corruption, (but he never mentioned McGreevey or his administration)

Another thing thats bothers me about this is the Federal Governments lack of interest in this. They seem to be more interested in trying to bring down Philly Mayor John Street.

The government probably just wants to forget it, and leave it behind them. Bringing it back up could hurt their rep...who knows

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:51 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

I don't pretend to know much about it. I only recall the name after someone stated what he was "infamous" for. I'm willing to bet his sexual preference has something to do with why he is not being targetting. Also the fact that he's out of office, and the sort of mindset when it comes to politicians is out of sight/out of mind.

Profile E-mail