More catches this year?

All things related to the Atlanta Falcons, NFL and pro football related.
AngryJohnny51

More catches this year?

Postby AngryJohnny51 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:17 am

Tamme/Moeaki/Toilolo or Roddy White?

Shanahan loves the TE's and Roddy's about to get his AARP card in the mail.

We are going to need a reliable second option though to free up Julio on the outside.

Pudge
Site Admin

Re: More catches this year?

Postby Pudge » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:06 am

Roddy will have the most catches, but whether he has hte most that "matter" remains to be seen.

AngryJohnny51

Postby AngryJohnny51 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:34 am

Pudge wrote:Roddy will have the most catches, but whether he has hte most that "matter" remains to be seen.

Haha. Good point.

Davewaz

Postby Davewaz » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:29 pm

Roddy, our tight ends suck

Pudge
Site Admin

Postby Pudge » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:17 pm

Davewaz wrote:Roddy, our tight ends suck

You're gonna be eating those words by year's end. No, Jacob Tamme is no Gronk, but he's gonna have a good year. He's probably the 2nd most underrated player on the team today besides Jonathan Babineaux of course.

Babs never gets his due...

Davewaz

Postby Davewaz » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:39 am

I hope your right and I'm wrong, but I'm not holding my breath....

Cyril

Postby Cyril » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:26 am

Untill he shows he can't do it anymore, I believe Roddy will catch more than enough to
please us, my guess is around 80. Especially beating linebackers, I don't think he'll catch a lot of long ones.

AngryJohnny51

Postby AngryJohnny51 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:32 am

Cyril wrote:Untill he shows he can't do it anymore, I believe Roddy will catch more than enough to
please us, my guess is around 80. Especially beating linebackers, I don't think he'll catch a lot of long ones.

Unfortunately Roddy is breaking down in front of our eyes. 80 might be a tall task this year......I think he's gonna have a hard time staying on the field.

AngryJohnny51

Postby AngryJohnny51 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:50 am

Seeing how we are at the half way point, I'll bump this up:

Roddy White: 16 catches for 210 yards and 1 Td.

Combination of Tamme/Moeaki/Toilolo: 38 catches for 415 yards and 1 Td.

Cyril

Postby Cyril » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:40 pm

Its not that Roddy doesn't catch passes, Ryan won't throw to him very often , Roddy hasn't missed many though.....while Ryan looks all day at one receiver, I don't mind him throwing to Julio, BUT ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. That's why I believe he throws 2 interceptions a game.

As to Matt Ryan he's played lousy, but I think the coaching staff has screwed him up....Nobody has gone as down hill as Ryan,
perhaps as much as any Falcon Qb, of all time, and that's saying a lot!!

Bring in another rookie Head Coach and he lets Shany screw him up..... We started the season not starting Freeman, or Roddy .I've never said this after just one year, but these coaches don't know who to play!!

Mora, Petrino,Smith, and our newest Coach, what they all had in common is no head coaching experience in the NFL, and our record
under these guys is Probably about .500 You'll never win anything at .500

Pudge
Site Admin

Postby Pudge » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:43 am

The "decline" of Matt Ryan is greatly exaggerated. People make 5 more bad plays that have occurred this year versus last year to be more than what they are. A slump for sure but nobody should be acting like Ryan's career is spent.

AngryJohnny51

Postby AngryJohnny51 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:32 am

Pudge wrote:The "decline" of Matt Ryan is greatly exaggerated. People make 5 more bad plays that have occurred this year versus last year to be more than what they are. A slump for sure but nobody should be acting like Ryan's career is spent.

Reading between the lines of quotes from Roddy, Julio and Ryan and himself, I don't think the players have bought into Shanahan's offense. I'm a big fan of continuity, especially on the offensive side of the ball, but something just isn't right here. Yup, we are making mistakes and turning the ball over way too much, but....it would not break my heart to show Shanahan the door after this season. Whqat a waste to a great start of the season.

Pudge
Site Admin

Postby Pudge » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:19 pm

What "isn't right" is the fact that Shanahan's system needs a competent starting caliber No. 2 WR, a better tight end and a legit starting center to work. He has none of the above. Tamme is trying to pull his weight at TE, but when he and Devonta Freeman are your second most reliable receivers and Julio is drawing double teams every down and your QB is pressing too much.

There's no doubt that everything isn't clicking right now. But there's no reason to abandon ship with Shanahan before you get the pieces his offense needs to be successful.

Even if you change OC, you still need to upgrade those pieces regardless. What happens when the next OC isn't able to elevate people like Mike Person to top levels, you replace him too? This whole "the grass is always greener" mentality IMO is soooo short-sighted.

Return to “The Huddle”