For the Blank haters....

All things related to the Atlanta Falcons, NFL and pro football related.

For the Blank haters....

Postby AngryJohnny51 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:13 am

It could be worse, we could have Daniel Snyder. Great story involving Mike Nolan....

Daniel Snyder Does Not Like Vanilla Ice Cream, So Says Mike Nolan

by Larry Brown

I had been meaning to write this story for quite some time, but it wasn’t until this morning when I linked to a post about Daniel Snyder that I was reminded to share it. I’m finishing up John Feinstein’s book, Next Man Up, which is a behind the scenes account of the 2004 Baltimore Ravens. That season, Mike Nolan was the defensive coordinator with Baltimore, his last year with the team prior to accepting a head coaching position with the 49ers. Well, Nolan shared a story from his days with the Redskins. Apparently he and owner Daniel Snyder did not get along.

Early that season, after a Redskins loss, Snyder told Nolan that his defensive calls were “too vanilla.” Like the other coaches, Nolan had figured out by then that trying to explain football to Snyder was pointless, since he already had the game figured out. A few days later a gallon of 31 Flavors ice cream showed up on Nolan’s desk with a note that said, “This is what I like. Not vanilla.”

Nolan laughed and sent Snyder a note: “Thanks for the ice cream. My kids enjoyed it.”

“The first time it was actually kind of funny,” Nolan said. “I didn’t mind it at all.”

The next time wasn’t as funny.

The Redskins lost on the road to Dallas, and Nolan went into his office late Sunday night to start looking at game tape. When he arrived, there were three giant canisters of melting 31 Flavors ice cream on his desk with another note: “I wasn’t joking. I do not like vanilla.”

Feinstein had the story confirmed by other sources around the league. How great is that one? Leave it to Snyder to take a fun figure of speech and turn it into literal meaning. If anyone wants to find out why the Redskins suck so much, you don’t have to look any further than the top. Now, whenever the Niners and Redskins meet, you know whose side to wager on.

Site Admin

Re: For the Blank haters....

Postby Pudge » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:13 am

You're right, it definitely could be worse.

It could also be better. Instead of all our GMs getting off the plan after 3 years, you know, they could actually stick to trying to build up this team's talen rather than going all-in and trying to win a Super Bowl with a 9-win team.

Postby Davewaz » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:25 pm

Blank means well, and he doesn't send ice cream. Grand scheme of things, he's better than most. I really do think we will get a title in the next decade under his ownership.

Postby Cyril » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:43 am

Blank means well, and he doesn't send ice cream.

What the hell does that mean? He's better than most??? Blank is not better than anyone!! I remember
when we first got Blank and we had goobers saying how Blank was so great a person we shouldn't play
the games, we had Blank and that was more than enough!!

In sports "meaning well" mean nothing, your either a winner or loser and Blank's a loser!! Look you guys can say anything, but look at our record with Blank, I'm ashamed he's our owner, and their is no one worse than Blank!! He's an embarrassment to Atlanta, the Falcons, and to pro football.....

I'll be easy on him since he's already screwing up this season, he hires a rookie coach, bet anyone Rex
Ryan does better than the rookie head coach Blank hired!!

Postby Cyril » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:48 am

I really do think we will get a title in the next decade under his ownership

Why?? Why has he absolutely sucked as an owner over his time here?

Look I'll make this easy to understand. Blank has had long enough to know as much football as any of us. Its obvious he didn't work to learn it, so he's either not interested, or he;s a stupid moron!!

Look Bernie Marcus carried Arthur for years. Now that he's on his own Blanks looking really bad!! Blank
had a lot of people to cover for him in the job that made him rich, but not now, with Blank we have no chance.

Actually he should have got a Gm and kept Reeves as head coach!! Blank was afraid Reeves would get to much credit. Reeves didn't have a good record then, but we would have got kept Vick out of trouble!! Blank thought it would be easy so he hired Bobby Petrino. There's Blank's feel for a head coach, when we have a losing record again, will anybody besides me understand you don't lose for years, then justify our ownership as stellar??

Return to “The Huddle”