It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:27 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Arthur Blank may buy the Atlanta Braves
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:20 am 

for all you baseball fans Arthur Blank may buy the Atlanta Braves.I won't believe it till I see it but if true then a miracle has happened.AOL?TW has kept the braves payroll around 80 million a year which isn't bad,enough to keep the Braves competitive but no where near the teams like the Red Sox,Yankees and now the Mets who have there own TV network. I love baseball as much as football so this is good news if it happens.

http://www.mdjonline.com/articles/2005/ ... 203858.txt

People

Saturday, December 10, 2005 3:05 AM EST
E-mail this story to a friend | Printable version

PEOPLE: A salute to Kennesaw State University President Betty Siegel is Jan. 7 at the Waverly Hotel. Dr. Siegel, one of Georgia's longest-serving university presidents, will retire in 2006. For ticket info and table sponsorships, call Southern National Bank Executive Vice President Joe Daniell at (770) 424-2000, ext. 234. - The hottest report in business circles is that Home Depot co-founder and multimillionaire Arthur Blank is buying the Atlanta Braves from AOL. Blank already owns the Atlanta Falcons. ... Architect Marshall Cavitt has replaced the late Dr. Bob Hayes as a director of the Aviation Museum at Marietta, says President Bob Ormsby. Cavitt will work on the Building and Grounds Committee. - Dermatologist Dr. Robert Harper is new president of the Cobb County Medical Society. Dr. Harper received his UGA undergraduate degree and medical degree from the Medical College of Georgia. Dr. Elizabeth Street, an OB/GYN, is president-elect and daughter of Dr. William McLean. Dr. Edward Lloyd, a family practice physician, is secretary-treasurer. ... If you miss MDJ syndicated columnist Bill Shipp Sunday on "The Georgia Gang" TV program it's because he's going to rest for a month before January's legislative session.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:28 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

THANK GOD! Too bad it will come after the division run has ended though. If he were our owner, we could win a few more at least.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:08 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

o please please please we are a good team however we need a owner like blank would but us back up top the gm is great but needs a owner that will do that blank would this is my christmas dream how great it would be

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:29 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Just from a financial standpoint, Blank would be apt to delay his purchase of anything major until the salary cap thing gets solved in the NFL. Gene Upshaw has stated on numerous occasions that if the NFL loses its cap, it won't ever go back. So, the NFL might become a lot like baseball within 2 years, and then I'm sure in order to keep the Falcons competitive, Blank is going to have to concentrate all his funds on the Falcons.

Profile E-mail