It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:34 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Nine of top ten balanced teams have a 58-22 record total!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:46 pm 

Listening to the cincinnati sports station they are getting ready to play the Colts and it sounds like they are pumped up for them after the bengals had a bye week.They mentioned about balanced teams and the importance it has in the NFL.They have San diego no1 ,seattle,Indy,bengals anyway the only team that isn't playing well that is fairly balanced is Houston but 9 out of 10 teams that have a near blanaced pass/vs run ratio have a 58-22 record around 72% I believe.

Now i know some peole want to ditch the passing game and the balance attack and run rn the ball.It works for now but as I mentioned earlier we are going to see defenses bottle vick up in the playoffs (if we make it) and there will be no passing game to go toresult like the philly game in the playoffs last year loss.The big problem the falcons are having is the receivers need to go deeper in there patterns, but that would ruin knapp's dink dunk attack.I just wanted to emphsais that it is important to have a near balanced attack if you want to win super bowls!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:56 pm 
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Many of us have been preaching this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:57 am 
Role Player
Role Player

I agree with you.

But, I think the shorter routes are part of the WCO. And a result of a smaller offensive line. On that note, Vick gets sacked too much as it is.

Vick handled Reeves deeper routes well. I think that they need to be emphasized more. But I would keep good protection back there to make sure Vick isn't forced to throw it away.

That said, we need to find a way to dominate with the run. Even against the tougher defensive teams. Solution, using better/deeper pass plays to setup the run. (Green Bay had cornerbacks making tackles at the line of scrimmage on off tackle runs). Vick will have good passing games which will find the Falcons in the loss column if they can't get a dominant run game. It has cost Manning post season success to this point. And we all know Marino's successes without the run. Balance is key. But the main success needs to be in the run column.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:30 am 
Superstar
Superstar

Quote:
Vick handled Reeves deeper routes well.

I didn't like a lot of things that Reeves did, but the one thing I did like was the way he handled Vick. Reeves worked very hard on Vick's "mechanic's" day in and day out. He simplified the language of his offense for Vick and called pays that gave Vick the best chance to succeed.

Like it was mentioned before, Mora kind of has given up on the mechanics and is just letting Mike run around sand lot style.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:30 pm 

AngryJohnny51 wrote:
Quote:
Vick handled Reeves deeper routes well.

I didn't like a lot of things that Reeves did, but the one thing I did like was the way he handled Vick. Reeves worked very hard on Vick's "mechanic's" day in and day out. He simplified the language of his offense for Vick and called pays that gave Vick the best chance to succeed.

Like it was mentioned before, Mora kind of has given up on the mechanics and is just letting Mike run around sand lot style.

I think that is more Knapp then it is Mora, Angry. I really think that Mora is more of an administrator/cheerleader/camp advisor then a player caller. Mora has even stated that he doesn't have much to do with the offense because he doesn't understand it.

Any deficincies in the offense should be squarely layed on the offensive staff and namely Knapp.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:56 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

is there any chance we let knapp go if in the next couple of years we don't make it to the superbowl and vick is the same vick in the same inconsistent offense? I get the feeling that mora knapp and donatell are some kind of coaching package that won't be disassembled. they all seem very buddy buddy, they're young and all that. plus mora and knapp have the sf connection. donatell is soft and way to passive at times, but knapp's playcalling often baffles me.

Post subject: I sure hope so!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:12 am 

I wonder that myself about replacing coaches with mora as head coach.Mora seems buddy buddy with these coaches and I wonder if he has the guts to fire one of them? My guess is after next year if we don't see Vick and the Falcon offense progress then Knapp will be gone.Mora is going to have to get pressured by the media to do it since he seems to nice a guy to do it on his own.I should say media pressure and Blank will have to get fed up.

Donatrell,I don't like defenses that sit back and allow teams to chew up yardage.I like the agressive Buddy Ryan defenses where they come after you,smash mouth football.We need so much help on defense that will probably get donatrell by for the next 2 yrs.

I hope and pray that after next year even though he has a contract that some how arthur can get norm chow for offensive coordinator.He is one of most creative minds but he needs the players to do it.The offense would not be playing conservative din dunk.The Falcons would go for the jugular like the colts do now.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:17 pm 

I honestly don't think Vick will survive another change of offensive system. That would be 4 offensive systems in about 5 years. If anything it could stunt Vick's growth. He's shown to me the last two games he can work in the current offense (bewildered or not).

I think we need to give a minimum of another two years before we start calling for Knapps head. Every professional I've heard has stated the WCO takes 4 to 5 years to learn Vick is in year 2.

One thing I cannot stress enough is we need to stop playing with our receivers. We need 3 receivers that will be here for more or less the duration of Vick's career. The only way the WCO system develops is if Vick develops chemistry with his receivers and they can rely on each other like clock work.