It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:07 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Now who thinks the Falcon's are ready to win a Super Bowl?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:14 pm 

Well it was a diffuclt loss losing to a 1-7 team.If your any kind of team hoping to win a championship this game today proved that the weaknesses the Falcon's have are not going to get fixed,simly we do not have the personel to win a Super Bowl this year.Those of you who think we can run run over teams are sadly mistaken.A good defense will take one or the other away (run or pass).Te Falcons don't have a passing game one that consistent of hitting there receivers consistently.Yeah,vick proved last week he can do it every once in a blue moon but to depend on vick's throwing and getting the receivers involved isn't going to happen this year.

So far the Falcon's have beaten alot of weak teams and with the brunt of the schedule coming up we may just see how good or bad the team is.The Colts had an off weak and still won by 14 pts the falcons lose to a 1-7 team.There is simply no excuse for not being prepared and getting home field advantage.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:25 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

we don't have a chance of beating any team when the playersaren't into the game, including mora. the man looked apathetic out there. he was just spacing out on the sideline. vick was yucking it up like he knew they were gonna pull it out in the end. pretty damn pathetic. worst game i've seen them play this year. i'll tip my hat to demo and ducket, who should have run at least 10 more damn times. but overall it was a heartless defeat by an unprepared group.

Post subject: Falcons being complacent and they have not won anything !
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:37 pm 

Let this game today show that winning and taken your game to the next level is still a work in progress in ataltan.Championship teams win even on off days.The Falcons are only in there 2nd yr but it is a level of maturity.Alot of times I think Vick thinks he can pull it out at the end.Vick said look at his winning percentage.Vick has a point but alot of those wins are aganst weak teams,average teams and some above average .vick and the falcons need to get to the point that they play against themselves.You never saw great 49er teams have to many off days.There idea of offense is to score EVERY Time. I really think Mora and the falcons are getting complacent and really haven't proven anything.The run run offense you can't win super bowls by it.I have never seen a super bowl team not invlove there receviers.Chalk it up to experience but I think mora and the falcons should get some heat this week.

I have pointed out numerous times that the defense needs fixed.mora keeps mentioning were working on it.The offense still has kinks like I said getting the ball to the receviers,the 2 minute offense is bad.You do that against a super team they will blow you out in the first half.My question to Mora win are things going to get fixed? I have a feeeling next year when they have the personel to do it!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:35 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Well I guess I should chime in now. It's not easy to get your wideouts involved when you have only one on the field for half the snaps. Also, we went downfield once early & then didn't bother to even try again, although that first one netted us a 43 yard flag. Also, Duckett came in & looked great and then gave way to Dunn who got one good run right after he came back in (10-15 yards inside the red zone) and Duckett was shelved for the rest of the game. The O-line had another terrible pass blocking performance for the second week in a row, and the defense was aenemic until the Pack got into field goal range. Overall, I would say a big part of the problem was the coaches to be honest. I like Mora, but I am finding Knapp's playcalling & Donatell's philosophy to both be severely flawed at this point. This team could win a Super Bowl this year but I find it highly unlikely, and i don't see anything we could do in the next couple of years for this team to become a dynasty like we would all like. It used to be there wasn't enough talent around Vick, but now the problem is the coaching, the pass blocking of the O-line, the run defense, & our lack of coverage. I mean how many slants can one team run in one game before someone jumps the route? :roll:

I don't see us fixing our problems in the next couple of years. Luckily we're in the NFC which is somewhat like the AFC was like when Elway played. I think if we can sure up our defense, then Vick could carry us to the Super Bowl a couple or few times like Elway did with Denver back in the 80's. Still, it took a regime change & a ton of personnel changes for Elway to finally bring home the Lombardi in the 90's.

Vick had another good passing game, but got sacked & hit too much either in the pocket or trying to escape the pocket. The announcers kept saying how Vick looked kind of lost out there & such, but that's what happens when you have people coming free on so many plays. I hope our coaches can look at this tape & see the same stupid playcalling I saw on offense, but I'm not holding my breath. We will need to address the problems on defense in this offseason. Kerney has been shut down this year & they are running right over him. Smith will be gone or injured next year. The DT's are getting shoved out of the middle consistently. Our corners can't cover short routes, or aren't allowed to. There are only a few guys whose jobs I would consider safe going into next year on D; those being Coleman, Williams, Hall, Boley (surprisingly), & Hartwell (due to the amount of money spent on him & the obvious talent he possesses)...oh and Brooking. Could we be looking at going to a 3-4 again? I definitely would rather have those 4 LB's on the field than Lavalais. Maybe move Coleman to DE in the 3-4 like Seymour in New England & find another big, fast lineman to play the other DE.

OK, I went off on a tangent there & people are going to call me crazy for suggesting it, but I sure don't see anyone throwing 20 slants on New England in one game though.