Rookie
Rookie

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercuryn ... 118628.htm

just some talk about next year

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:25 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I swear if we sign him I am protesting in front of Arthur Blank's house...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:37 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

Steve-O wrote:

I'm with you!

We can bring bat's and crap

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:52 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

it's just not going to happen. it'll be fun for the media to talk about it, which they will ad nauseum but it's not gonna happen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:25 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Another interesting read:

http://www.ajc.com/services/content/spo ... 7&cxcat=21

But this article said it all, and Vick seemed to confirm it in the above AJC article:

Quote:
Still, any team where the chemistry is first-rate is likely to learn from Philadelphia's failed experiment and take a pass, which means Owens can forget about teams such as the New England Patriots, Carolina Panthers, San Diego Chargers and Indianapolis Colts.

Might as well add the Falcons to that list. Question to all, if T.O. signed a 1-year incentive based contract, would you be even a little bit more willing to take a chance on him? Since you aren't committing millions, and getting rid of him is much easier if things don't go well than if they gave him a mega deal. I know I would, even though in my heart and head I honestly believe it could never work out, but there is a part of me that is so curious to see even that inkling of a chance that it could.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Thats what I was thinking also!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:42 am 

You sign TO to an incentive contract and put stipulations in it if he acts up at all he is suspended. I think we have seen to many times him acting up and it screws the whole team up.A zebra doesn't change his stripes.If some how something magically happened where TO would just shut his mouth and play ball and not worry about numbers since Vick's doesn't throw alot I would love to have him.

I hope he has learned an important lesson don't bad mouth your teammates and management rule no1.Things always work themselves out if your a team player especially the kind of player TO is.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:21 pm 

It is irrelevant since T.O. is still looking for a pay day. There is no way he would sign an incentive based contract.

I still wouldn't take him. He'd whine after the first game when Vick never passes to him because he's triple covered and Vick's favorite targets (Finn & Crump) are wide open.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:30 pm 

The only hope dirty that I would think there would be a chance if T.O. is semi-smart, he'd sign a 1-year incentive-laden contract, play for some team for a year. Keep his mouth shut, redeem himself in the eyes of many people out there in the league, and then he'd get his payday. Now, the truth is that T.O. is not going to get the money he thinks he deserves, no matter how good he acts. He's going to be 32 this December, and after playing a year somewhere and he'll hit the market at age 33. Muhsin Muhammad got a nice fat contract at age 32, and Keenan McCardell did so at 35, but neither of their contracts were really in the class that T.O. thinks he deserves.

Frankly, T.O. has to come to the realization that nobody is going to pay $25 million in guaranteed bonuses (which is what I suspect he wants) to a 32 or 33 year old receiver, unless his name is Marvin Harrison, he is the consummate team player, continues to be productive, and has one of the best relationships with his QB that any duo has had in NFL history.

I'm not sure Rosenhaus is the guy to tell him that, although I know Rosenhaus is not stupid, and he must realize that T.O. will never get paid like Harrison. THe best he can really hope for is a contract similar to what Muhammad got this past off-season. Which is still very substantial, but not exactly the millions he wants, and is lower than the money the Eagles gave him.

It's fun to argue and bat the issue back in forth. Blank had said that he didn't want T.O. on his team, but I believe if McKay wanted him, then we would get him. But I don't see McKay bringing in such an unknown influence. Mora and Knapp can vouch for him all they want, but if the rumors are true and McKay is eyeing Tags' job, then I don't see him putting himself in the position to be a joke headline which is what signing T.O. brings.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:32 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Pudge wrote:
Blank had said that he didn't want T.O. on his team, but I believe if McKay wanted him, then we would get him

I disagree. Blank signs the checks and I'm sure there are some players McKay would "push onto" Blank, but TO isn't one of them. Too much of a career risk for McKay to be bucking the top dog (Blank) over TO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:37 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Dirty's right. TO is still looking for his payday and he aint gonna get it in ATL. Then again who will give it to him? I guarentee if someone signs him its going to be a 1, maybe 2 year deal.

T.O. is so desperate for money (yeah right) he is selling his house up here in Moorestown for about $4 mill, and he just put his house in ATL up for sale for about $4.5 mill.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:33 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

Sorry guys i just heard it from T.O. he said he no contact from the front office but that he would come to ATL right now he is just hanging out and has not heard from anyone but would consider it i not jokin
however it is not the Falcons it is the Hawks as he was just interviewed durning the clipperes Hawks game on tv :lol:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:21 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

If his house in ATL is really up for sale then you can bet the Falcons already told Rosenhaus they're not interested.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:39 pm 

You would htink with all this contract grubbing and house selling that the Colombian drug cartels are after T.O. and he owes them like $50 million. :P

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:02 pm 
Starter
Starter

T.O. to the ATL? Only if its to attend a game as a spectator.

Say No to TO! :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:14 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

I sent an e-mail to the Falcons expressing my opinion (they should NOT go after T.O.) and this is what I got in return:

"Please be assured, we have a very talented scouting department that continually evaluate our current players and potential players. Our ultimate goal is to win a Super Bowl, and we won’t rest until we have done that. We want to bring a trophy home to the fans of Atlanta and we want them to be proud of this football team."

I can't really say I like the tone of it.

Oh, well....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:17 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

RdHdBirdFan wrote:
I sent an e-mail to the Falcons expressing my opinion (they should NOT go after T.O.) and this is what I got in return:

"Please be assured, we have a very talented scouting department that continually evaluate our current players and potential players. Our ultimate goal is to win a Super Bowl, and we won’t rest until we have done that. We want to bring a trophy home to the fans of Atlanta and we want them to be proud of this football team."

I can't really say I like the tone of it.

Oh, well....

What did your email say and who responded, if you didn't make it up yourself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:30 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

AngryJohnny51 wrote:
said:

The entire e-mail (minus my last name):

Subject: JUST SAY NO!... to Terrell Owens!

If this is not the proper place to send this type of mail, please forward it on to Coach Mora and staff:

I would urge you that you not even consider signing this man. I have been a Falcons fan since day one and have never seen them as united as they are today. Owens is not now, nor has he ever been, a team player. He is only out for all the glory and money it can bring him and it matters not whose toes he steps on as he so quickly proved in Philadelphia.

I'd hate to see all the good work Jim Mora and staff have accomplished to date be brought down in a short time by signing T.O. and I have no doubt that would happen.

Dennis

The entire response, from "Atlanta Falcons Fan Services, e-mail address feedback@fans.atlantafalcons.com"

Thank you for taking the time to write in. We value your opinion and welcome your feedback.

Since this is a highly competitive business, we hope you will understand that we can not discuss specifics regarding player personnel issues.

Please be assured, we have a very talented scouting department that continually evaluate our current players and potential players. Our ultimate goal is to win a Super Bowl, and we won’t rest until we have done that. We want to bring a trophy home to the fans of Atlanta and we want them to be proud of this football team.

We appreciate your continued support of the Atlanta Falcons.

~~~~~

That's it. Period. No name to attribute the response to.

I do not post my real e-mail address on this or any other forum.

Nice to see such trusting people here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:38 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

RdHdBirdFan wrote:
AngryJohnny51 wrote:
said:

The entire e-mail (minus my last name):

Subject: JUST SAY NO!... to Terrell Owens!

If this is not the proper place to send this type of mail, please forward it on to Coach Mora and staff:

I would urge you that you not even consider signing this man. I have been a Falcons fan since day one and have never seen them as united as they are today. Owens is not now, nor has he ever been, a team player. He is only out for all the glory and money it can bring him and it matters not whose toes he steps on as he so quickly proved in Philadelphia.

I'd hate to see all the good work Jim Mora and staff have accomplished to date be brought down in a short time by signing T.O. and I have no doubt that would happen.

Dennis

The entire response, from "Atlanta Falcons Fan Services, e-mail address feedback@fans.atlantafalcons.com"

Thank you for taking the time to write in. We value your opinion and welcome your feedback.

Since this is a highly competitive business, we hope you will understand that we can not discuss specifics regarding player personnel issues.

Please be assured, we have a very talented scouting department that continually evaluate our current players and potential players. Our ultimate goal is to win a Super Bowl, and we won’t rest until we have done that. We want to bring a trophy home to the fans of Atlanta and we want them to be proud of this football team.

We appreciate your continued support of the Atlanta Falcons.

~~~~~

That's it. Period. No name to attribute the response to.

I do not post my real e-mail address on this or any other forum.

Nice to see such trusting people here.

Thanks, and good job. In case you didn't know the internet is full of people who are full of s***. You have to earn your credibility and you have. Thanks for sharing again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:18 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

AngryJohnny51 wrote:
said:

In case you didn't know the internet is full of people who are full of s***. You have to earn your credibility and you have. Thanks for sharing again.

I've been around long enough to fully understand that concept (including being a member of the FalcFans FORUM). I am not now, and never will be the most prolific poster of the group, but I can tell you there's NO ONE who is a bigger Falcons fan than I. If I were a rich man I'd be at every game they play whether they were winning or losing. MOF, I wear my Falcons hats and jackets all the time here in Biloxi amidst all the Saints faithful, whether they're winning or losing. I also may be the only member of this group who attended the first game they ever played (fittingly, since we're talking about T.O.: Eagles 9, Falcons 7) and have been bleeding with them ever since.

I was VERY skeptical of the hiring of Jim Mora, Jr., but I've been impressed (and happy) with what's been happening since he came on board and I just think bringing T.O. on board puts a lot of that hard work in serious jeopardy. That's my personal opinion; no more, no less.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:26 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

RdHdBird wrote:
I was VERY skeptical of the hiring of Jim Mora, Jr., but I've been impressed (and happy) with what's been happening since he came on board and I just think bringing T.O. on board puts a lot of that hard work in serious jeopardy. That's my personal opinion; no more, no less.

I agree, what Mora, McKay and Blank have established here is a winning attitude and team atmosphere. While some here argue that you don't need chemistry in the locker room to succeed on the field, I couldn't disagree more. It's proven over and over again with the TO saga being the latest. Usually the bad attitude players are often jettisoned off without fan fare or press, TO is different beause he is a great player and "interesting" personality.

Look what happened a few years ago when we had a divided locker room, what a mess it was here. Buchanan and other malcontents were shipped out and less talented but more team orientated players stayed or were brought in. We are better now for it.

How quickly some of us forget.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:45 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Steve-O wrote:

I wasn't kidding....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:01 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

Steve-O wrote:
Steve-O wrote:

I wasn't kidding....

And if you'll let us know in advance when to be there, I'll come home and help!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:09 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

RdHdBirdFan wrote:
Steve-O wrote:
Steve-O wrote:

I wasn't kidding....

And if you'll let us know in advance when to be there, I'll come home and help!

You got yourself a deal! :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:07 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

AngryJohnny51 wrote:
RdHdBird wrote:

I agree, what Mora, McKay and Blank have established here is a winning attitude and team atmosphere. While some here argue that you don't need chemistry in the locker room to succeed on the field, I couldn't disagree more. It's proven over and over again with the TO saga being the latest. Usually the bad attitude players are often jettisoned off without fan fare or press, TO is different beause he is a great player and "interesting" personality.

Look what happened a few years ago when we had a divided locker room, what a mess it was here. Buchanan and other malcontents were shipped out and less talented but more team orientated players stayed or were brought in. We are better now for it.

How quickly some of us forget.

I don't think anyone has forgotten. I think we trust Vick's statement about the situation more than anything. As for me, I just think TO got crapped on by the Eagles for the most part.