It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:26 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 49ers - 15, Buccs - 10
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:23 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLRFRFOKFORKFMKJMORFM!!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:33 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

SWEEEEEEETTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!

That's awesome!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:57 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

No doubt and once again.........ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLRORFLFOFLFLROFLROLFOROFLRFLROFLROFLROLFROFLROLFROLFROF

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:22 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

Heh, amen. The wife and I really wanted to watch that game, but had to settle for the score tickers. We were clapping every time they showed the score and time left.

Let's see what Carolina can do against them next week, and hopefully when we play them in a few they will be really worked over and behind by a few games.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:33 pm 

And what's better is San Fran had about 60 total passing yards. We have the formula to beat Tampa, run it right at them.

One thing is for sure.. We are tied for the lead and I believe we will be the sole leaders of the NFC South

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:52 pm 

I stand corrected. We are in sole possession of first place in the NFC South because we are 1-0 in the division and Tampa hasn't played a divisional game yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:28 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

well i think that shows what they are w/o Griese. they will be starting Rattay by the time they play us. now i think we win BOTH games vs Tampa. dont' sell our team short.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:18 pm 

If Tampa splits games with Carolina and Atlanta that should be enough to give the Falcons first place in the NFC South and possibly a Top 2 or 3 finish in the NFC. Right now the only threats I see to us in the NFC are as follows:

New York: They are firing on all cylinders and I don't think we have an answer for Tiki Barber the way our run defense is going. Their defense is good enough to hold our offense in check.

Philadelphia: Even though they are fading from the playoffs I still don't think we beat a healthy Iggles squad.

Seattle: I hate to say it but for some reason Seattle has our number. Everytime we play them we lose and usually in dramatic fashion.

There are teams that will probably challange us (Tampa, Carolina, Chicago, Dallas) but if we don't face Philly in the playoffs and we have home field through the postseason we really should go the distance.

Also, the NFC South could once again be one of the best divisions in football. Atlanta, Carolina, and Tampa are all at 5-2 (Although Atlanta has sole possesion of first thanks to a 1-0 divison schedule; tampa hasn't played a division game and Carolina is 0-1).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:00 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

I didn't see the game, but I'm going to reserve judgement on the Bucs until we see what they do against Carolina.

If anybody watched us against the Saints, then they would come to the same conclusions, and I think we all agree that we are a better team than that.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Cody
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:31 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

All I can say is CODY! CODY! CODY!... as that is what the 9er fans were chanting at the end of the game. I got to see this game and it was a riot. Simms is lost and the Bucs couldn't run at all. The 49ers had traded Tim Rattay TO Tampa before the game and he couldn't even help the defense stop the 9ers when he should have had the playbook memorized. Smith didn't play, Dorsey gets hurt and they bring in Cody Picket who had just come off the field from making a special teams tackle on a kick off. They were yelling at him, "change your helmet" because his didn't even have the QB microphone in it. The Bucs have SUCKED all year but some divine luck had them at 5-1 *cough* Lions touchdown revoked *cough* and they already lost to the Jets. This team is a fraud and the Panthers are going to prove it to everyone when they take them behind the woodshed next week and beat them silly.

MF1

J. Mora JR.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:16 pm 

Well, I'm just saying that ever since Gruden has been coach, they've stomped us in 4 of 6 matchups, even with some very average teams in the past 2 years.

They've lost 4 straight against the Panthers, so they probably won't win this week. But we'll see how they look.

Despite their performance against the 49ers, they have 3 weeks to get their ship back on track and play us. And I mean if you really want to be honest about it, they've owned us the past 3 years, even though we've split our last 4 games. In the ones they won, they pretty much dominated the game from start to finish, while you can't really say the same for our wins. Not to mention they were a team that won 5 games last year, but managed to shut out a team that went on to the NFC Championship game.

They have our number, and I think it's one of the reasons why I hate that team so much. :evil:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:25 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Simeon Rice+Derrick Brooks=Mike Vick kryptonite....

TB will always worry me because no matter how either of us are doing they always play us really close and hard....they have the defense to shut Vick down completely...however we have the run game to beat them...the best way to put up points on TB is to stuff the ball down their throats and I think we can/will do that...However if we win both of those games I will pleasantly surprised....

the loss helps us out tremendously...now if we can get Carolina to drop one or two before they play us we will be in good shape...

We have somewhat of a soft last half of the shedule...there are a few "trap" games along the way like in Detroit and Chicago....if we can achieve some level of consistancy against two weaker opponents like Mia and GB then I can see us rolling through the rest of the shedule without losing more than 2 more games...may be a little wishful thinking there, but I can see us doing it. We will have to play better on both sides of the ball, but that's what the bye week is for, fixing problems and getting healthy...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:38 pm 

Not just Rice & Brooks... The fact that Tampa has Pro Bowl corners that can lock down Vick's arm make Rice & Brooks into Vicktonite since they lock his scrambling ability.

Post subject: Rice
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:21 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

And Rice was sent home and didn't play in the 49er loss, so you see what he can mean to the team. He will play this week and certainly play against Vick.

MF1

J. Mora JR.