NFL Draftcountdown New Mock Draft

NFL Draft and college football-related topics can be posted here. Includes past draft scouting reports as well.
thescout

NFL Draftcountdown New Mock Draft

Postby thescout » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:52 pm

Scott Wright has his new mock draft out with the Falcs taking Darron Lee. I can't get to excited about Lee.Sure he put up some good numbers and as alot of physical ability but can he play the game in the NFL and become a pro bowler. I see Lawson and Rankins were gone by 17 plus Miles Jack drops all the way to the Saints. He could terrorize the Falcons for a long time. I'd trade down if this was the choice of players left on the board. I think its worth looking into trading up get Jack.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/2016-mock ... rsion-2-5/

Pudge
Site Admin

Re: NFL Draftcountdown New Mock Draft

Postby Pudge » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:05 pm

Wright has had us picking Lee in all 3 of his mocks now posted.

I don't count myself a Darron Lee fan. I just think he'll be an average NFL linebacker if we tried to force him into it. He needs to play beside a great MLB. We definitely don't have that, and thus he'll be wasted IMO.

I'm all over the Rankins/Lawson bandwagon at 17. But I doubt either will be available when we pick. No chance on Lawson, decent shot for Rankins.

But now I'm all about trading up for Myles Jack. I just can't believe that this franchise would be planning on going into this season not doing a SINGLE SOLITARY thing to upgrade the middle linebacker position besides underbidding on three free agents (Trevathan, Freeman and Laurinaitis). They have to have something like trading up for Jack cooking to redeem themselves.

thescout

Re: NFL Draftcountdown New Mock Draft

Postby thescout » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:10 pm

Methinks the Falcons possibly could draft Ragland at 17 which answers the mlb position. If not they could draft the kid out of LSU in the 2nd or 3rd. Its unfortunate that this administration is so passive about building a winner. What I mean is finding players who can be potential pro bowlers not players who just fill another hole. If I have a choice of filling a hole like mlb or drafting another position like safety,guard,tight end who could be pro bowlers I would take the pro bowl potential players. I would trade down and hope to pick up a late 2nd rounder early 3rd Lawson/Rankins are gone. Maybe Lynch drops(doubt it) and Denver could be interested.

Return to “The War Room”