Monday Night

Discuss your favorite team: the Atlanta Falcons. As well as all NFL and pro football-related topics, including fantasy football.

Moderators: Capologist, dirtybirdnw, thescout

Gang Green Girl
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:56 pm

Monday Night

Postby Gang Green Girl » Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:24 am

Hey Guys. Great site you have here! Just wanted to say good luck and ask you to go easy on us on Monday night. We're gonna get crushed.
Image

The girls of JetNation.com

Maxman
Former FRN Affiliate
Former FRN Affiliate
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:37 am

Postby Maxman » Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:30 am

The Jets are going to come out and be prepared to play. Vinny will think it is 1998 all over again. Curtis will be fresh. The defense won't give up an inch.

Yeah I know. I just wanted to read it back to myself to see how it sounded.

Pretty bad, I agree!

AngryJohnny51
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 3334
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:31 pm

Postby AngryJohnny51 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:42 am

Good luck to you as well. We better shore up the run defense or Vinny won't be needing to pass, they can just hand it off to Curtis 65 times!

Gang Green Girl
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:56 pm

Postby Gang Green Girl » Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:48 am

Yeah, we can keep handing off to Curtis so he can rush for 60 yards.

Monday night is a 'gimme' for you guys!
Image

The girls of JetNation.com

AngryJohnny51
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 3334
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:31 pm

Postby AngryJohnny51 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:59 am

Gang Green Girl wrote:Yeah, we can keep handing off to Curtis so he can rush for 60 yards.

Monday night is a 'gimme' for you guys!


You're starting to make me nervous with that reverse pyschology :D
Does Herm have sometrhing up his sleeve we should know about?

Gang Green Girl
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:56 pm

Postby Gang Green Girl » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:25 am

AngryJohnny51 wrote:You're starting to make me nervous with that reverse pyschology :D
Does Herm have sometrhing up his sleeve we should know about?


LOL. I'm hoping for a losing season so Woody will fire him and put all of us suffering fans out of our misery. Please beat us on Monday night! :D
Image

The girls of JetNation.com

User avatar
The_Incomparable
All-Pro
All-Pro
Posts: 869
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:51 pm

Postby The_Incomparable » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:29 am

How can you not want Herm around? "YOU PLAY...TO WIN THE GAME." The guy is gold on the mic and a really good coach. If your team wasn't all hanging out in the infirmary your season would be a completely different story. So, which girl is which in that picture? :wink:
Image
Props to Scar for my sig.

Gang Green Girl
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:56 pm

Postby Gang Green Girl » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:39 am

The_Incomparable wrote:How can you not want Herm around? "YOU PLAY...TO WIN THE GAME." The guy is gold on the mic and a really good coach. If your team wasn't all hanging out in the infirmary your season would be a completely different story. So, which girl is which in that picture? :wink:


Oh please! We can't use injuries as an excuse. I'm tired of listening to Herm's post-game drivel week after work.

Brenjetsfan is on the left, Me (Gang Green Girl) in middle, and Becky on the right.
Image

The girls of JetNation.com

User avatar
dirtybirdnw
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4526
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:11 pm
Location: Vancouver, WA
Contact:

Postby dirtybirdnw » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:39 am

Gang Green Girl wrote:
The_Incomparable wrote:How can you not want Herm around? "YOU PLAY...TO WIN THE GAME." The guy is gold on the mic and a really good coach. If your team wasn't all hanging out in the infirmary your season would be a completely different story. So, which girl is which in that picture? :wink:


Oh please! We can't use injuries as an excuse. I'm tired of listening to Herm's post-game drivel week after work.

Brenjetsfan is on the left, Me (Gang Green Girl) in middle, and Becky on the right.


Ahhhh... eye candy :twisted: (as if you haven't heard that one a million times).

I wouldn't call the Jets game or any game (even against the Vikes) a gimme for the Falcons. We did an effective job of rolling over and playing dead against the Saints.

Vinny should love the Falcons because our safeties and secondary can make him look like Tom Brady. I wouldn't be surprised to see him pop off 250 yards depending upon the protection his line gives him. But you will have to ride Curtis Martin to the likes of which he hasn't even seen.

Just remember... Never call timeout just before Koenen attempts a 58 yard field goal. He'll burn ya! :wink:
Fear the BEARD!

AngryJohnny51
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 3334
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:31 pm

Postby AngryJohnny51 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:03 pm

Gang Green Girl wrote:
The_Incomparable wrote:How can you not want Herm around? "YOU PLAY...TO WIN THE GAME." The guy is gold on the mic and a really good coach. If your team wasn't all hanging out in the infirmary your season would be a completely different story. So, which girl is which in that picture? :wink:


Oh please! We can't use injuries as an excuse. I'm tired of listening to Herm's post-game drivel week after work.

Brenjetsfan is on the left, Me (Gang Green Girl) in middle, and Becky on the right.


You're a lot easier on the eyes than me, Dirty and 'Comp. We got faces that would make a freight train take a dirt road!

Gang Green Girl
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:56 pm

Postby Gang Green Girl » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:13 pm

LOL. Wish I was making the trip to Atlanta to tailgate with you guys, but I gotta save my money for Jets playoff tickets. :lol:
Image

The girls of JetNation.com

User avatar
MarylandFalcon1
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 1870
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:54 pm
Location: Los Angeles California

Jets

Postby MarylandFalcon1 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:06 pm

Man it is refreshing to see some football ladies on a page like this. It makes me have faith that our society isn't completely falling to pieces.

As for the game... well if our pass rush can get to Vinny (and without your center they very well top the 9 sacks they had vs the Vikes) it will be a long day for you girls.

Still, 62 points and 900+ yards in two games for our D makes me sweat bullets.

Herm... well I have like the guys spirit but his wins haven't stacked up. I had to wonder about his choice of Mike Heimerdinger as Offensive Coordinator with last years injury to Chad and his already suspect arm strength. Why try to 'open up' your offense when there is no proof you can throw deep balls to flashing WRs?

MF1
"I am certainly not afraid to have Brian Finneran on the field. Has he ever not made plays? He just makes plays. He is one of those guys that just makes plays. He is dependable."

J. Mora JR.

User avatar
The_Incomparable
All-Pro
All-Pro
Posts: 869
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:51 pm

Postby The_Incomparable » Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:24 pm

AngryJohnny51 wrote:
You're a lot easier on the eyes than me, Dirty and 'Comp. We got faces that would make a freight train take a dirt road!



Speak for yourself there buddy. Women like Gang Green love me. 8-)
Image
Props to Scar for my sig.

User avatar
dirtybirdnw
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4526
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:11 pm
Location: Vancouver, WA
Contact:

Postby dirtybirdnw » Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:35 pm

If I could only get my girlfriend to be half as interested in football as these ladies life would be perfect *sigh*.

What's really sad is the only affair I would ever have is to have a football mistress. :twisted:
Last edited by dirtybirdnw on Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fear the BEARD!

User avatar
Steve-O
All-Pro
All-Pro
Posts: 814
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:26 pm
Contact:

Postby Steve-O » Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:35 pm

it should be an interesting game...It will be a lot close than a lot of people think...well people outside of this board anyway...I'd love nothing more than to see a convincing blowout but I just can't see it happening with the way our D has played lately...



...make a frieght train take a dirt road.....that's funny....

AngryJohnny51
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 3334
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:31 pm

Postby AngryJohnny51 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:38 pm

The_Incomparable wrote:
AngryJohnny51 wrote:
You're a lot easier on the eyes than me, Dirty and 'Comp. We got faces that would make a freight train take a dirt road!



Speak for yourself there buddy. Women like Gang Green love me. 8-)


We got a playa in the house....

User avatar
dirtybirdnw
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4526
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:11 pm
Location: Vancouver, WA
Contact:

Postby dirtybirdnw » Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:44 pm

AngryJohnny51 wrote:
The_Incomparable wrote:
AngryJohnny51 wrote:
You're a lot easier on the eyes than me, Dirty and 'Comp. We got faces that would make a freight train take a dirt road!



Speak for yourself there buddy. Women like Gang Green love me. 8-)


We got a playa in the house....


The cat is out of the bag: Image
Fear the BEARD!

User avatar
The_Incomparable
All-Pro
All-Pro
Posts: 869
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:51 pm

Postby The_Incomparable » Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:05 pm

dirtybirdnw wrote:
AngryJohnny51 wrote:
The_Incomparable wrote:
AngryJohnny51 wrote:
You're a lot easier on the eyes than me, Dirty and 'Comp. We got faces that would make a freight train take a dirt road!



Speak for yourself there buddy. Women like Gang Green love me. 8-)


We got a playa in the house....


The cat is out of the bag: Image


LOL!!!! I know, I know...pics or ban, right?

[img=http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/2590/dirk5xs.th.jpg]
Image
Props to Scar for my sig.

Maxman
Former FRN Affiliate
Former FRN Affiliate
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:37 am

Postby Maxman » Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:37 pm

The_Incomparable wrote:How can you not want Herm around? "YOU PLAY...TO WIN THE GAME." The guy is gold on the mic and a really good coach. If your team wasn't all hanging out in the infirmary your season would be a completely different story. So, which girl is which in that picture? :wink:


Thank You!

Herm is a really good coach. Its just that Jet fans don't see how great he is. He makes the playoffs year after year. They were getting closer to the ultimate prize until injuries ruined this season.

Maxman
Former FRN Affiliate
Former FRN Affiliate
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:37 am

Re: Jets

Postby Maxman » Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:39 pm

MarylandFalcon1 wrote:Man it is refreshing to see some football ladies on a page like this. It makes me have faith that our society isn't completely falling to pieces.


Please. Spend any amount of time talking to her and you will realize that our society has fallen to pieces.

:D

User avatar
Smizzy
Former FRN Affiliate
Former FRN Affiliate
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:36 am
Contact:

Postby Smizzy » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:32 pm

Gang Green Girl wrote:LOL. Wish I was making the trip to Atlanta to tailgate with you guys, but I gotta save my money for Jets playoff tickets. :lol:


Good one.
JetNation.com is my home

User avatar
natequinn23
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 106
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2004 10:31 am
Location: Dallas, Ga
Contact:

Postby natequinn23 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:11 am

its cool to see the jets fan chatting it up on here before the game
but i think they are tryin to rock us to sleep i think they are much more of a team to watch for than they say,
martin might be the number 1 but Vinny know that offense if we stay tough and attack we can do well against them but if we stay back he could pick our secondry apart

girls you sure you dont want to go monday night i mean playoffs ?
you sure


Return to “The Huddle”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest