It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:34 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mike Patterson in 2nd round what do you think?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:59 am 

I know I addressed this on the other thread about def tackles but I think this is a good possibility Mike Patterson to replace Jasper.He reminds me of coleman,not the big run stuffer I was hoping but can start in the league the first year.Looking at the free agents I don't want to over pay for another stiff that can't start or is to old.Unless Mckay can pull a rabbit out of his hat this is a fairly week draft for def tackles.Safety will have to wait to the 3rd round where maybe a Dustin Fox,Nicholson could be there,I hope Shazor.What is your opinion of this patterson in the 2nd round?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:26 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

I can't say I saw much of Patterson this year, but I was impressed with his quickness as a junior in 2003. He is like Shaun Cody, except I don't think Patterson is as strong. Yeah, I would liken him to Coleman.

One good thing about this upcoming draft is that there really are not going to be any bad selections, in terms of drafting positions. McKay can really do a good job getting playmakers in the best player available model, because this team can use help across the depth chart. QB, FB, WLB, K, and P are really the only positions that I think this team should steer clear of in the draft.

Another DT prospect that we might want to keep our eyes on is Luis Castillo (Northwestern). Although I'm hearing indications that's a sleeper right now, and by draft time he'll be a late 1st/early 2nd round pick (making him not an option for us in Round 2). Someone else worth mentioning is Jonathan Babineaux (Iowa). Right now, I think most are seeing him as a 3rd/4th rounder. It seems his stock will rise/fall based on what he measures at the Combine. Some are listing him at 6-2/275 right now, which is going to put him in the tweener category, likely causing him to fall to Day 2. If so, he could be a steal. If he weighs in around 285, he might push into the mid/late 2nd round, making him an option for us.

A player I liked entering this season was Cal's Lorenzo Alexander. His stock has fallen since the summer (probably from 3rd rounder to 5th/6th rounder), but he could become a Lavalais-like mid/late round steal.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: The draft is a crap shoot falcon's need to do homework
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:00 pm 

The prospects you mentioned pudge besides patterson I am wondering if they are ready to start now as opposed to developmental players? I coud see Lavalias starting but if he can't Patterson could certainly come in a share the position with him.Guess I need to cool down since alot of things will happen between now and the draft.I wish the draft were held earlier since alot of these all star games boost player values up and down .

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Over at the NFLSCout.com they say Hawthorne
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:03 am 

The new site NFLScout.com where rob rang does his mock draft has the falcon's taking hawthorne from wisconsin in the 1st.I mentioned on there forums that I don't believe so,the falcon's have lavalais and should draft patterson.No repsonse yet but I wonder how much rob rang follows the teams?

Profile E-mail