It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:28 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Receiver's catching on....
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:42 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Some interesting stats in article:

The receivers have caught more passes (35 to 29), accumulated more yards (494 to 365) and averaged more yards per catch (14.11 to 12.58) than the Peerless Price-led wide outs last season after five games.

This season's receivers, who have had more balls thrown their way (they have five drops compared to 16 at this point in 2004), have also scored three touchdowns. Last season, the wide receivers had none during the 4-1 start.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sport ... lcons.html[/b]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 2:13 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

There's little doubt in my mind that the play of the WRs is better this year than last year. But that doesn't necessarily mean it can be called good. Are receivers are currently on pace to end the season with these totals:

Finneran - 63 catches for 788 yards (12.5 avg) and 5 TDs
Jenkins - 38 catches for 694 yards (18.3 avg) and 3 TDs
D. White - 9 catches for 117 yards (13.0 avg) and 4 TDs
R. White - 6 catches for 45 yards (7.5 avg) and 0 TDs

Dez White's numbers are pretty pathetic for a starter, and if he doesn't step up in the next game or two, Mora would be stupid not to bench him in favor of Finneran, and I don't care how much it messes up practices.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 2:36 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Pudge wrote:
There's little doubt in my mind that the play of the WRs is better this year than last year. But that doesn't necessarily mean it can be called good. Are receivers are currently on pace to end the season with these totals:

Finneran - 63 catches for 788 yards (12.5 avg) and 5 TDs
Jenkins - 38 catches for 694 yards (18.3 avg) and 3 TDs
D. White - 9 catches for 117 yards (13.0 avg) and 4 TDs
R. White - 6 catches for 45 yards (7.5 avg) and 0 TDs

Dez White's numbers are pretty pathetic for a starter, and if he doesn't step up in the next game or two, Mora would be stupid not to bench him in favor of Finneran, and I don't care how much it messes up practices.

Mike Vick has thrown 77 passes this season and Schaub has aired it out a total of 34 times. That's 111 passes for the season. In contrast D. McNabb has thrown 200 passes and M. Bulger has thrown 215 times, including 56 attempts against SF opening day and a whopping 62 attempts against the football Giants the other week. For the sake of arguing, lets call it double the pass attempts of the Falcons. So, in theory, based on that, if we threw as much as the Eagles and Rams our receiver numbers would look something like this:

Finneran -126 catches for 1576 yards (12.5 avg) and 10 TDs
Jenkins - 76 catches for 1288 yards (18.3 avg) and 6 TDs

Not too shabby if you ask me. Our receiving core is playing better, they are just hampered somewhat by an inaccurate quarterback and a run oriented offense.

Post subject: Dez
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 7:08 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Dez White is making me crazy, and Mora needs to drop the love affair with him and get Finn in there.

MF1

J. Mora JR.