It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:06 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Do falcon's go wide recevier in first?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:48 pm 

I know we have talked about this before but after seeing Philly cover the falcon's receivers today made them look like they were not on the field would the falcon's draft a recevier in the 1st say a mark clayton who is suppose to be fast and run good routes?I don't know if he will last that long .come to think of it with receviers like Troy Williamson,Edwards and Mike Williams there is a chance clayton may be there.Would the falcon's draft clayton even though jenkins was drafted last year? If they do would you be happy about knowing there are other holes that need to be fixed?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:55 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Well I don't think this is exactly the proper forum for this topic, but I don't think the Falcons need to reach for a wideout in the first round.

I like Mike Williams. He reminds me a lot of Keyshawn Johnson, and I think Williams like Johnson could be a top 5 possession guy in the NFL. His size and YAC ability would be good in this offense.

But I don't think the Falcons should be looking that they must exit this off-season with a top notch wideout.

I really think this is a bad off-season when it comes for teams trying to improve the WR position. I think the Falcons should try to upgrade, but not over Price, instead White/Finneran since those are the guys that really shouldn't be starting, not Price IMO.

I'd like to see the team go after Houshmandzadeh if he's available, but even if we got him, I don't think his presence on the roster is going to be the difference between the 30th ranked passing offense and like the 10th or 15th.

Basically our WR position is so poor, that it's not going to be able to be fixed in a single season, unless the team maneuvers a trade for Randy Moss, which we all know isn't going to happen.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]