It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:14 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Vick Dwongraded to Questionable?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:16 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I wonder why...? If they're doing this today it must mean he is unlikely to play tomorrow & there is no way we're going to beat the Pats without Vick.

Post subject: Hmmm
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:55 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

He is still listed as probable on AF.com, where did you get this info?

MF1

J. Mora JR.

Post subject: Found it
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:03 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

I just found it. ESPN's Sal Paolantonio reported it. "Mora said the he will decide if Vick will play shortly before their game against the New England Patriots on Sunday."

"I want to see the look in his eye and how he moves before I made a final decision," Said Mora.

Could it be that Vick was really hurt all along and they made this 'he isn't hurt' thing up to force New England to spend the week game planning for Vick only to have Schaub in on Sunday? I may be with Mora, however, as the MCL/ACL/Knee blowout thing is SO scary. If Vick is damaged then give him two or three games before you risk a whole season and a career on a real tear. I would rather be 3-3 and have Vick healthy than 4-1 or so with Vick lost for a season.

MF1

J. Mora JR.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:19 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

yeah from what i read it takes 2 to 4 weeks to fully getover that kind of knee sprain. i doubt vick plays at this point.it looked bad in the middle of the week when he started wearing one of those hinge knee braces.
everyone in the organization keeps talking about how they think we can win with schaub- i guess we just might see. it'll be a good test for him. he seems capable of getting us into field goal position semi-regularly. hopefully he can close the deal a couple of times.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 12:46 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Great, we're f-ed. Oh well, like dude said I would rather be 3-3 and get a healthy Vick back. Still, I would like to see him play every game one year sometime, hopefully when NFL defenses & players quit trying to hurt him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 12:38 pm 

Schuab is vastly superior comapred to Kittner & Johnson. He knows the offense like the back of his had, he's actually mobile (neither Kittner nor Johnson could move), and beyond all that he doesn't look lost on the field.

Schuab to me is like a Jon Kitna or Patrick Ramsey. He's a great backup, servicable starter, but not a long term answer. I think he'll make less mistakes because he knows the offense so well.

On the brightside this game will be huge for Roddy White since he and Schuab have chemistry.