It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:05 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What's Dez White make?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:32 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Could Pathon's signing mean a salary dump for White? Neither are great, but I'd still take Dez over Jerome.

Thanks for the help fella's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:44 pm 

Dez has been dissapointing....

2005: $1.3 Million -- Final Contract Year

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:46 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Thanks Dirty. Maybe it's an auditiuon for JP for next year?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:47 pm 

Maybe... He's cheap and a veteran. Both White & Jenkins will be the starters next year and it's just a matter of who plays out of the slot. Right now Finneran is the man but Pathon would be a good option as a 4th receiver.

Post subject: Think Dez is here
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:34 pm 

Remember Reeve's used to have only blocking tight ends( Reg Kelly) maybe this is Mora's blocking wide receiver in dez white...maybe we will draft blocking wide receivers?? oh what a shameful thought!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:59 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

I read somewhere that the Pats released Andre Davis. He used to be Vick's WR at VA Tech. I'd love to see them grab Davis for the sake of familiarity with Vick. They might have a nice chemistry that will come back quickly and make this offense more dynamic. Here's some info on him:

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/players/playerpage/302185

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:05 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

jagstang76 wrote:
I read somewhere that the Pats released Andre Davis. He used to be Vick's WR at VA Tech. I'd love to see them grab Davis for the sake of familiarity with Vick. They might have a nice chemistry that will come back quickly and make this offense more dynamic. Here's some info on him:

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/players/playerpage/302185

Davis does fall into the catagory of being over 6', but can he pass the Falcon filter?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:27 pm 

The chances of Atlanta signing Davis are non-existent. They just signed Jerome Pathon and won't pursue another wide receiver unless they do actually axe Dez White.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:36 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

Good question. I think he would be a good deep threat to spread the field with. As far as being physical and blocking, there isn't much available to us besides watching him that would tell us whether he'd cut it. I think that blocking is a matter of learning how to do it and then wanting to do it for the sake of the success of the play. I think any WR can do it if they are willing to put catching passes aside for a little bit. Davis, having played with Vick, probably already understands this dynamic and would love to have a chance to play with him again. It could mean energizing his career and winning (which he hasn't done much since he came into the league).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:39 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Honestly, I see Pathon getting dumped before Dez. Compared to our receivers, Dez is probably Vick's 2nd favorite WR when it comes to his scrambles and Dez does a good job on those comeback routes. Dez is probbaly never going to catch 30-40 passes a year with this team, but I have a bit more faith in him than I do Pathon, even though I think Pathon is the better skilled receiver. It just seems that with Vick as the QB, a player needs a lot of reps with him before they start to play like they should. Pathon is not going to be able to pick that up in a week or two of practice.

Davis I think would be a better option than Pathon because he's faster and bigger and has some semblance of a history with Vick, but he hasn't caught a pass from #7 in 5 years, so its not like riding a bike. Basically, any WR pickup I think is going to have to go through a whole off-season of working with Vick before we can count on them to have an impact. I think Roddy White and Jenkins are perfect examples of this. White barely worked with Vick in the off-season/preseason and we see how much he is struggling. Jenkins had all off-season and is showing progress when compared to last year when he was in the same boat as Roddy.

I'd really be surprised if Pathon caught more than 10 passes this year for the Falcons.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:50 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Pudge wrote:
I'd really be surprised if Pathon caught more than 10 passes this year for the Falcons.

I can't wait for the day whjen we have a receiver who will catch 10 passes a game for us!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:28 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

about Davis....if the Pats couldn't find a spot for him wouldn't you think he might not be that good? I mean the Pats find a way to wring every ounce of talent out of thier players so if they cut him after they traded for him what does that say?

and angry, I can't wait either bud, I can't wait either...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:53 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Yulin wrote:
Quote:
I can't wait for the day whjen we have a receiver who will catch 10 passes a game for us!

That would require us to think about passingmore than 27 times a game, and we've all seen how much that happens.

C'mon, don't rain on our parade :wink: