It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:00 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Finally 27 pass attempts
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:04 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I got what I wanted!!! We finally actually tried to throw the ball. I know 15-27 isn't a stellar completion percentage but I still am very pleased with the way our QB played. He made good reads and for the most part made good throws. Converting those 3 and longs was the key to the game.

Vick is still over throwing the ball a lot, but I think he was a little skittish because of all of the pressure Buffalo put on him with their incessant blitzing...If Vick takes a little off of three or four of those passes he would have had a great game...

We are going up against a team in the Vikes that I feel like we should be able to move the ball against. I think Vick will have an even better game against them if we give him a chance to throw the ball...

Post subject: NFL Monday
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:18 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

The guys on NFL Monday Quarterback were loving Vick today (much like the rest of us). They said the same thing that we all feel, if Vick can learn the touch pass and can start making throws against a blitz the league is in trouble. There will be no way to defend against us.

MF1

Post subject: I have been saying this all along pass more!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:09 pm 

It is about time knapp and perhaps vick decided that passing the ball more will open up there running game.Going into the bills game the falcons had a 62% run vs 38% pass and it needs to be around 45-50 % pass .Yesterday was around 44% pass it is getting better and we saw a different look to the offense.Less 3 and outs, sustained drives and a good bills defenses give up alot of points.Teams won't know how to defend the falcon's if vick can pass like this in the future.Just taek a little more off of some throws and we will see an offense that most team will be hard pressed to stop.

I think teams will contimue to stack the line so vick will have to pass well.As much as we passed it needs to be a little more to get to the numbers we need to be at.I am talking super bowl not to jst beat good teams.The Patriots game will be huge even without Rodney Harrison.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:50 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I'll agree that Vick isn't there yet but I am happy to see the coaches actually give him a chance to get there, as I said before 15 passes a game won't fix the problem...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:20 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Kudos to the O-line for doing a serviceable job pass blocking against the Bills, which I wouldn't consider a big deal if they were bringing the house half the time in the 1st half. The read to Blakely for the TD was a big thing for Vick & showed he isn't locked onto his primary all the time. The pass to Jenkins was a beautiful example of how Vick's elusiveness can make a superstar out of a WR by giving him time to get wide open. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:45 pm 
Playmaker
Playmaker

Quote:
It is about time knapp and perhaps vick decided that passing the ball more will open up there running game.Going into the bills game the falcons had a 62% run vs 38% pass and it needs to be around 45-50 % pass .Yesterday was around 44% pass it is getting better and we saw a different look to the offense.Less 3 and outs, sustained drives and a good bills defenses give up alot of points.Teams won't know how to defend the falcon's if vick can pass like this in the future.Just taek a little more off of some throws and we will see an offense that most team will be hard pressed to stop.

Scout, I actually looked at the numbers, and we called 35 pass plays to 27 runs. Vick throw 27 passes and scrambled 9 times (as I don't recall them calling any run plays for him). Dunn had 15 carries and Duckett had 12. Now, tell me that ain't a true WCO! Vick does need to work on his accuracy in order to complete more of those 27 passes, but he at least has confidence throwing to Finn, Alge, Jenkins, Dunn, and Griffith. He also likes Blakely and is giving Roddy a chance. I'm not sure how long Dez will be out, but I don't think he will be missed. Vick's confidence is the important factor here. He will continue to get better with a group of receivers he feels good about. And when he gets there, look out!

Post subject: Looking a the box score
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:14 pm 

I am checking the box score and it says 27 pass attps vs 27 runs if you don't count vick running.So it is 50-50 but I think ran a few times so it came out if you add in the 9 attempts to 36..Either way they are passing more which is what we need to open the offense up.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Looking a the box score
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:28 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

thescout wrote:
I am checking the box score and it says 27 pass attps vs 27 runs if you don't count vick running.So it is 50-50 but I think ran a few times so it came out if you add in the 9 attempts to 36..Either way they are passing more which is what we need to open the offense up.

I don't know if anyone caught the Denver/KC game last night, but once Denver established the run, they had their way with the Chiefs. Misdirection, play-action roll outs etc.are all things I think this offense could excel at.

It's starting to come together offensively, slowly, but that is to be expected with young players. In two years if everyone stays healthy, this will be a top 6 offense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:30 pm 

Biggest thing from the last game is that Jenkins allowed Vick to resestablish his confidence in him. He didn't make any stupid mistakes and caught the balls that were catchable.