It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:34 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Next Year
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:11 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I know it's way too early to talk about next year, but after the USC game tonight I was really thinking about how awesome a backfield of Vick and Reggie Bush would be. I would love to have this guy at RB. He's a phenom and quick as anything. Can you imagine having him back there? He can run, catch, return kicks, and a lot more. To me I would try and get him at all cost, but of course I know we need to address defensive needs. Anyway I thought I would just throw this out there, and see what everyone thought of a Vick/Bush backfield. I know that this is fantasy, but hey, the Falcons only play one day a week, so I have to find something to think about until Sunday. Later. Go Falcons!!!

Post subject: No way Bush gets by the titans!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 2:12 am 

I think Bush is the most explosive player in college football but there is absolutely no way Bush get by the Tennessee Titans with norm chow there.The Falcon's would pick in the 20's more than likely if they play well this year and unless you have 2 fairly high no1's teams don't trade a top 10 player for a bottom round pick.I wish we had bush but then again I wish we had Peyton Manning.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:25 pm 

For somebody like Reggie Bush I'd deal this years and next years first round pick to draft him. Maybe even a 3rd on top of that. Bush is that good and could provide that much of a boost to this offense.

But our most dire need is cornerback and that is very clear in this game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:35 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

Cornerback will kill us against the teams with good Qb's. Also, while it would be nice, we are going to have contract issues at RB next year. Will we have the cap room to make a deal like that and are you really willing to sell two first rounders for another RB when we clearly have other needs.

Post subject: I would more that!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:47 pm 

I am not sure if you have ever seen the value board for draft piks but 2 first rounders in the 20's and even a second wouldn't add up to the vlaue bush will have as a top 10 maybe top 5.I wish a deal like that would happen but not a chance.How about Ted Ginn? We still couldn't get him but wishful thinking.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:43 pm 
Starter
Starter

This years draft pick needs to either be a DE to replace Smith (Davis looks like he could be a steal but I like him more as a 3rd DE) or a partner in crime for D-Hall either at S or CB.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:31 pm 

Chauncy Davis has been impressive. I can see him struggling against big tackles though. He would probably be best as part of the rotation. Davis could probably move back to linebacker if necessary too.

Post subject: Just wondering
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:57 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Just wondering but didn't we all have this huge debate about how awful our O-Line was and that we should be going for a draft pick there? Running backs? (of which we have 2 really nice ones) and our D-line? (which may be small but we drafted so well in the later rounds with last year that it looks good for years to come). You guys really think we should be looking at those 2 positions first? Although I have to agree a CB would be nice to pair with Hall in the backfield.

MF1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:05 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I know defense is our priority, but I was just saying how explosive Bush is and how I would love to have this guy on the Falcons. With him and Vick in the backfield and Jenkins and White at WR, we would be the fastest team in the league. I know there is no way we can get this guy, and we should focus on the defense, preferrably CB and S. I like our young DL and LB, but I know we'll add depth too. Of course it all depends on FA and cap room on what we do.

Post subject: Re: Just wondering
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:06 pm 

MarylandFalcon1 wrote:
Just wondering but didn't we all have this huge debate about how awful our O-Line was and that we should be going for a draft pick there?
MF1

Rookies are the last thing this offensive line needs. So many 1st round O-Lineman have been total flame outs as of late too. Robert Gallery appears to be lingering at the trailhead of that path.

We need to get veteran offensive lineman that know what they are doing and are proven commodities in the NFL. I'd look at lineman around 28 to 30. I would have liked to have added Ross Verba a few years back. But we need tried and true veterans on the line.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:11 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

To tell you guys the truth I wouldnt be so sure about Bush being a top 5-10 pick, RIGHT NOW.He has yet to prove he can run between the tackles.

Yes he is probably the most dangerous person with the ball in his hands in the NCAA right now but does Peter Warrick ring a bell? Anyone remember him at FSU?

Dont get me wrong, I'm not saying Bush doesnt have a world of talent and Im not saying e wont be a stud in the NFL, I'm just saying he still has alot ot prove before a team makes him a mutlimillion dollar investment and backbone of a team.

But tis may bode well for us. If he fails to prove he can run through the tackles and take constant wear and tear he NFL WILL give him he may slip to mid-late 1st round whioch is where we will be :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:43 pm 
Cap Guru
Cap Guru

Joseph Addai, round 2...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:24 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Bush looks like Ladanian Tomlinson did back in college. He will be #1 or #2 overall in the draft so that isn't going to happen. Riggs & Adai will probably go in the top half of the first round, so that probably won't happen either. They have been 3 of the 4 best RB's in college this year, with the Minnesota RB being the other.

The person I might try to steal in the late first or even possibly second round.....Lyndell White, Bush's backup at USC and possibly the Ronnie Brown of this season, but with no hope of gaining the starting job, his stock will not rise at all unlike Brown.

Post subject: Re: Just wondering
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:27 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

dirtybirdnw wrote:
MarylandFalcon1 wrote:
Just wondering but didn't we all have this huge debate about how awful our O-Line was and that we should be going for a draft pick there?
MF1

Rookies are the last thing this offensive line needs. So many 1st round O-Lineman have been total flame outs as of late too. Robert Gallery appears to be lingering at the trailhead of that path.

We need to get veteran offensive lineman that know what they are doing and are proven commodities in the NFL. I'd look at lineman around 28 to 30. I would have liked to have added Ross Verba a few years back. But we need tried and true veterans on the line.

And I have to admit I was big on Gallery, but after seeing Vince Wilfork (sp?) run him over like a bitch multiple times I have to say wasting a pick on anything but a Ogden/Pace type of O-lineman is useless.