It is currently Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:14 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Latest Mock Drafts what do you think?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:54 pm 

NFL Countdown has there latest mock draft up and have the falcon's taking Adam Terry off tackle in round 1 and Josh Bullocks safety round 2.If you have read the info on The Huddle Report and look at the most accurate mock drafts the last 3 yrs I believe NFL Countdown is no1. I don't take this as the bible but something to consider when thinking about who the falcon's may draft.I know I wanted a def end in Matt Roth(he goes in round2 to packers) but NFL Countdown says when you have a quality lineman like Terry you take him.Apparetnly Scott Wright likes Terry more than Roth.

round 2 Josh Bullocks safety nebraska.I am hesitate taking a nebraska player I don't think there are many that have done well in the pros it could be the system that makes the player like the oklahoma players as opposed to the talent a player has.

If the falcon's take these 2 would you be disappointed?

Pudge has his mock draft up on the huddle report and has the falcon's taking matt roth which I can see happening.As we see now in the playoffs defenses beat good offenses and brady smith may not be lasting much longer.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: just noticed
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:57 pm 

Good to know I am termed a scrub when it comes to the falcon's right besdie your name on the message. Guess I need to post more to get a better review?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 2:10 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

thescout wrote:
Good to know I am termed a scrub when it comes to the falcon's right besdie your name on the message. Guess I need to post more to get a better review?

Yes, had you registered back in December, you probably would have around 50 posts by now. :)

As for Nebraska safeties, there really haven't been a bunch of them recently drafted. Mike Brown and Mike Minter are really the only ones. it's the Cornhusker corners that typically stink in the NFL. I think their safeties usually turn out good.

From what I'm hearing about Bullocks, is that he's one of the better cover safeties in this draft. Which I think is very interesting considering he's from Nebraska, and they usually turn out the small undersized run stoppers rather than cover guys.

At this point, I want a quick fast, fierce run stoppre at the SS position, and move Scott to FS where I think he would be much better, since he would have generally more coverage duties. That's why I like Shazor. He stinks in coverage, but I don't think that's as important for our needs.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Can Scott play free safety can he cover?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:38 pm 

I guess the question is if the falcon's go strong safety in round 2 can Scott play free safety and cover receviers?If not I think we need a free safety maybe Bullocks.I like Shazor's potential he is big and can knock your head off,an intimidator.Round 2 seems to be the best place to draft a safety since there are is not alot of depth at safety.

I would not mind this draft

1.Roth
2.Shazor
3.?? is there an offensive tackle worth taking Nick Kazcur if he last this long,I would even trade a 4th rounder(denver's to move up)

Profile E-mail