It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:20 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Donte Nicholson stock dropping
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:37 pm 
Just read at Scout Inc there impressions of Donte Nicholson are not good.They say he has ordinary coverage ability at safety and a good run support,2nd day selection.Maybe Shazor or Brimmer last till the 2nd round falcon pick,still early.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:52 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Yeah, I think a lot of NFL scouts are down on Oklahoma defensive players. Derrick Strait and Brandon Everage both saw their stocks plummet in the months leading up to the draft, to the point that Everage, once was viewed as a 1st round pick (in the fall), then fell to around the 3rd/4th round (January), then went undrafted. Nicholson's stock may fall as well. Scouts think Oklahoma is too much of a system, and they are probably right. Among recent defensive picks, only Tommie Harris looks like he'll live up to his potential. Andre Woolfork has been a disappointment in Tennessee. He's not bad, but he hasn't been as good as expected. Lehman was alright in Detroit this year, but he was expected to be a force in the middle for years to come (their mistake however), but looks like now he'll have to stick on the outside. Torrance Marshall is a bust, Rocky Calmus has been outplayed by an undrafted guy (Brad Kassell) in Tennessee for the past 3 years. Jimmy Wilkerson just finally started to crack the Chiefs rotation a bit this year, but he's still pretty far down on the depth chart, and an overlooked rookie named Jared Allen outplayed him this year.

It will be interesting to see where Nicholson falls to in the draft. He could go as high as Round 2 IMO, but as you indicate he could slip all the way to Round 4 or 5 (or dare I say later). Which could be a good thing, cuz it could mean we could get a quality safety in the middle rounds, much like Lavalais last year.

It will be interesting also to see where his teammate Brodney Pool goes in the draft. Pool came out early, and I think unlike Nicholson has the potential to rise on draft boards.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: If Shazor is there in 2nd do we take him or hope Nicholson
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:42 am 
If Shazor is there in the second do the falcon's take him or hope Nicholson is available later in the 3rd or 4th? I was hoping Ratliff the off tackle could be taken by falcon's in the 3rd.It is to early to guess where alot of players will fall but I hope we go def end 1st,quality safety in 2nd,tackle in 3rd,def tackle 4th,running back if Dunn is gone or corner 4th from Denver

1.def end
2.safety
3.off tackle
4.def tackle
4.corner or running back if dunn gone
5.corner if take running back 4th

I would be very happy if the falcon's draft came up like this but sometimes certain players slip in draft and you just cannot pass them up.Get the best players that fill a need and the falcon's will be very successful.

Post subject: khaliff barnes correction
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:42 pm 
I mentioned Ratliff on prev post I meant Barnes from washington univ.