Annoyed

Discuss your favorite team: the Atlanta Falcons. As well as all NFL and pro football-related topics, including fantasy football.

Moderators: Capologist, dirtybirdnw, thescout

dirtybirdnw

Annoyed

Postby dirtybirdnw » Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:49 am

To date I've read four articles, heard three talking heads, and have noted a few other sources saying we only won because Trotter was out. Can't the Iggles and the Iggle lovers just accept a loss and move on? The best excuse machine in the NFL.

Championship teams overcome major losses. Trotter was a big part of that defense but the core of the Iggles defense is none other then Brian Dawkins. They still had their emotional leader on the field. They lost Corey Simon hurting their lines ability to defend against the run putting greater stress on their linebacking unit to get the job done.

I the Iggles can't get over losing Trotter they are in deep crap. It may not seem like to the pundits but losing Mathis was a huge loss for the Falcons. He has been a warrior for us at the nickle back and everyone knows Rossum has issues defending a tackling dummy. If McNabb was on his game they could have exploited Rossum but they didn't. The Falcons got their rush on and the game was history.

Ahhh... I feel better.
Fear the BEARD!

The_Incomparable
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby The_Incomparable » Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:41 pm

Ask them how important Trotter was when they let him leave & resigned him for next to nothing 2 years later. Funny how perspective changes as needed.
Props to Scar for my sig.

Return to “The Huddle”