I apologize

Discuss your favorite team: the Atlanta Falcons. As well as all NFL and pro football-related topics, including fantasy football.

Moderators: Capologist, dirtybirdnw, thescout

Steve-O
All-Pro
All-Pro

I apologize

Postby Steve-O » Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:32 pm

I hereby with draw all support from McClure and apologize for ever being as blind as I was to give him love in the first place. He blew it a lot last night.

The_Incomparable
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby The_Incomparable » Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:06 pm

I saw him make some key blocks on linebackers to open up those big runs. Of course we could have done without the mistakes he made, and I'm not sure he would have done as well with Trotter out there.

Capologist
Cap Guru
Cap Guru

Postby Capologist » Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:58 am

Glad ya see the light Steve-O! :lol:

dirtybirdnw

Postby dirtybirdnw » Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:05 am

Problem is all our offensive lineman have a bad case of the holdies. So many touchdowns have been called back because someone held. Typically Shaffer, McClure, and Forney are the biggest offenders.

I do have to say that I like Lehr. He seems like the real deal. He really should slide over to center to give Vick a familiar snapper.
Fear the BEARD!

Pudge
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Postby Pudge » Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:01 pm

It was a questionable hold call against McClure. There were about 4 instances that I myself noticed blatant holdings by both the Falcons and Eagles blockers at other points in the game that were not called. And then they call the one on McClure that was "barely" a hold.

I don't ever like to say the refs cost us a game, but I'll just leave it at that they didn't do their best to help us win that one in that particular instance.
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.

MadBirdMike
Veteran
Veteran

Postby MadBirdMike » Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:30 pm

Pudge wrote:It was a questionable hold call against McClure. There were about 4 instances that I myself noticed blatant holdings by both the Falcons and Eagles blockers at other points in the game that were not called. And then they call the one on McClure that was "barely" a hold.

I don't ever like to say the refs cost us a game, but I'll just leave it at that they didn't do their best to help us win that one in that particular instance.

Have to agree Pudge. I saw many infractions on both sides throughout the game.

I think that knowing how much this game means to both teams and with the pregame brawl, the refs probably decided to let them play the game and just make the occasional call to keep them from getting out of hand.

The_Incomparable
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby The_Incomparable » Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:08 pm

Nice of them to pick a Falcons TD to finally make one of their few calls...lol
Honestly, being a long time Atlanta fan, I am shocked by how much positive reinforcement the Eagles have gotten after this loss from ESPN, the NFL, and just about everywhere else. If i were a Falcons player I would play the rest of this season with a chip on my shoulder & extremely high intensity.
Props to Scar for my sig.

Return to “The Huddle”