It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:14 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Official Week 2-Seahawks Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:56 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Not to cut our revalry short or anything but I'm already looking ahead to next week. How do you guys think we match up against Sea. We should be able to run against them but if I am not mistaken they have at least a decent secondary. I think Hasselbeck will have to beat us because I don't see Alexanser racking up a lot of yards. Hopefully since Sea is going to want to run the ball a lot more than Philly we will get to see more of Hartwell.
I think if we don't get to high on ourselves after Mon. win then we will be able to take Sea. I just hope we don't underestimate our opponents. They can run the ball and if their wr's actually catch the ball they have a decent passing game too. I am not really all that familiar with Sea so I am looking foward to hearing what you guys have to say.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:39 pm 
Cap Guru
Cap Guru

I think it's a very winnable matchup.

Look no further than last season when we went to Seattle. We were clearly at the advantage early. This is one I fully expect us to win...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:29 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Alexander is the man on that team. We have to stop him & hope Carpenter, Scott, or Webster make some plays because Hassleback isn't dumb enough to throw at D.Hall after Monday night...especially not 20 times...LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:35 pm 

The Seahawks still have no receivers and Hasselbeck isn't a good Quarterback. The Jags proved that pressure will crack him and that is what we deliver. In addition to that if Alexander doesn't roll that team doesn't roll and we are still a better run stopper then a pass stopper.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:53 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

So it's safe to say we stand a great chance of 2-0 then huh?

To get way ahead of myself I honestly think we can go 4-0 and roll into the NE game undefeated...that would be just to cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:43 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Darrel Jackson is a capable receiver and I hope that the team puts Hall on him all game like they did to TO. I hope we don't fall into a zone and make Hasselbeck look like the second coming of Joe Montana.

It should be a very entertaining game and I hope the boys don't have a let down after an emotional Monday nighter against the Eagles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:09 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

A big matchup to watch will be Walter Jones v Brady Smith when we're on D. It seems when teams run on us (*cough KC cough*), that their left tackle is dominating our DE. It should be an interesting matchup, but right now that side of our D looks really weak with as well as Hall, Kerney, Coleman, Williams, & Co. are playing. Brady Smith will have to step up and have a big game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:06 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Yeah, I think the Seahawks sport a very strong secondary, and probably within a year or two, it will be considered the best in the NFL.

I think the key is going to be running the football and stopping the run. Not rocket science.

The Seahawks are to me like the Saints. They have the potential to be very explosive on their good days, but usually don't have as many good days as they should.

I think the Falcons need to match up Hall with Darrell Jackson. I'm sure the Seahawks will use a combination of Jamie Sharper and Boulware to try to keep Crumpler under wraps. So we're going to need the WRs to do better this week, because I don't think Vick will get the ball to Crump as easily as he did vs. Philly. The Seahawks will adjust their defense to the point that "If we take away Crumpler, Vick still doesn't have confidence in his WRs. We'll make him beat us by throwing to guys like Jenkins/White, who we are not afraid to leave on an island with our 3 corners: Herndon, Dyson, and Trufant."

So I think this is going to be another low-scoring affair in which the defense is going to have to win the game for us. WE need some turnovers, stop the run, and put pressure on Hasselbeck, who can force passes when he is rattled.

i expect the Seahawks will try to blitz a lot.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:53 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I think Alexander is a great back and even saw him in college. I just hope we can hold him to less than 100 yards like last time we played them. Last time he had 80 yards and only 1 touchdown. I think if we can hold him to 80 yards then we'll be fine. It's all up to our D. Go Falcons!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:14 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

the run defense seems to be the strength of our D this year. something to consider though is the number of times Mcnabb avoided drive ending sacks against us monday. hasselback won't be able to do that. i see him being planted for 6 sacks this week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:17 am 
Veteran
Veteran

If we shut down Alexander, which I don't see being a problem given our run defense and put DHall on Darrell Jackson, I dont see any way they can compete with us. Engram could be a sleeper player against us to get 80 yards receiving and a TD possibly, but other than that, I wouldnt doubt that we win by 2 touchdowns and hold them to 250-300 total yards of offense..most of which is garbage time yardage...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:51 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

A plus for us - Mora removed Roddy White from the injury report after he practiced and is "fine" according to Mora.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:38 am 

Yeah, I think teams are going to have some level of success running the football on us by spreading out our defense with 3 and 4-wide sets. It takes Hartwell off the field, Demorrio is still developing his run-stopping instincts, and Brooking is nothing to worry about if you run right at him. With Mathis gone, it means Rossum is the nickel corner and he offers little in run support. It basically puts much more pressure on all our other DBs, particularly Scott and Carpenter to make plays against the run and our D-line to slip blocks and get upfield at the line of scrimmage, but then you run the risk of leaving LBs and DBs out to dry that way. And we have some teams that are very willing to run a lot of multi-receiver sets on our schedule: Seattle, New England, Minnesota, Miami, Tampa Bay, Detroit, Carolina, and Green Bay. And all have pretty good running games.

Most people overlook how important having a good nickel corner is but it is really important. You can't show me a team capable of going to the Super Bowl that doesn't have a steady guy or playmaker at the nickel spot.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:17 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Losing Mathis does scare me a little but I think we will survive. What really scares me is what do we do if/when Webster gets hurt? Mathis was not that good of a #2 corner, imagine Rossum there. Hmmm, scary. Hopefully Morton and this other guy can catch on enough to help us stay afloat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:31 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I keep hearing all of the talking heads say that we won't be able to play with intensity after such an emotional win. I think that is crap. Did anybody see out players after the game Monday. None of them were to high emotionally. They all seemed very pleased with the win, but they were not running around setting the Dome on fire or anything. I think we will play with the same level of intensity we played at almost all of last year. That is our MO, we play intense physical football. To say that this is going to change because we beat Philly, I think is silly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:39 pm 

And here's Dirty's official prediction for this week:

Falcons 27 | Seahawks 17

I think we hold Seahawks to a sub 250 yard day and keep Alexander in check. We might be down Mathis but the front 7 are more then enough to keep the rush going and Hasselbeck dissoriented. I also think that DeLo gets his second interception of the season and both Kerney & Coleman (or Lavalais) pick up a sack.

I hope it's a fun game since I'll be there! But above all else I hope we dominate so I don't have to listen to seaduck fan crap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:07 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I guess I'll go ahead and throw out my weekly prediction.

Falcons 28 l Seahawks 7

I see us taking the run away from them early. I don't think Alexander will have much luck to begin with, add that with a couple of quick scores like we had Monday night and we take the run away. I see us getting to Hasselbeck at least 3 times and forcing at least 3 turnovers. Hasselbeck has a weak arm to begin with and his throwing arm is sore so I can see him hanging a couple of passes out there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:08 pm 

Hre's my prediction:

Falcons 20, Seahawks 17

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:42 am 
Rookie
Rookie

I am pumped and ready for Sunday!!!! I love Falcon football!!! I am a nutcase on game day!!!!! And I back the birds in every game!!!! You gotta believe baby!! FALCONS,FALCONS,FALCONS, YA,BABY!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:48 am 
Rookie
Rookie

Here is my prediction for Sunday:
Falcons-100,000
Seahawks - negitve 100,000
Go Falcons!!! Kick some Seattle @#*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:05 am 
Cap Guru
Cap Guru

I predicted 27-17 last week and we beat Philly so....

Falcons 27
Seahawks 17

:lol: :lol: :lol: