It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:10 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lenny P at it again on talk show ESPN
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:50 pm 

Listening to Lenny P on the ESPN sports show a few questions were asked of him about the Falcon's. Are the Falcon's in a class of the Patriots,Colts,Eagles? Lenny said no they are in the next group of San Diego,Carolina,Pittsburgh.He mentioned that if the eagle's and falcon's played 10 times the eagles would win most of them.Mcnabb being injured with a shot to the chest took something out of him (passing and running),throwing the ball over 40 times is not a formula to winning and still they only lost by 4 points.It does nothing to the Eagle's in terms of there season(only one loss against a rival).

Lenny was impressed by the way the falcon's handled there victory.He mentioned in the locker room the head coaches interview is right next to the player's locker and while interviewing mora they did not here the falcon locker room with hooping and hollering like they won a super bowl.It was be on an even keel,just do the job.Good to hear lenny say this about the falcon's.I am a big braves fan and that is the way they act,professional.They know the prize is a world series ring not winning a reg season game,or playoff game.Do not get to high or low and you will be alright.The Falcon's are developing this kind of attitude which will take them further than a rah rah type of attitude since emotion can give you a roller coaster ride.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:42 pm 

Well Lenny isn't too far off from the truth. I think next year we will be among the elite four (with say a 1st round DB to go with Hall!). But it is true the Iggles threw way too much when they didn't need to and had they kept their heads about them they could have beat us. It appears that even Handy Andy is human and was flustered by the pre-game fight.

I don't think the chest bruise affected McNabb that much. But it did go to his head and that is exactly what an effective defense does: get in the head of the QB. So Pass the jelly is right although he is showing some Iggle love.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:59 am 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

I remember on his first few throws after the injury, his accuracy suffered, but he seemed to make the adjustments, and he was fine for most of the remainder of the game. I think what the injury did do was give Donovan happy feet. Something that normally separates him from Vick and usually makes him a better QB. Donovan usually stays very calm in the pocket. But this game, you could see the Falcons pass rush had an effect on him in that he was rushing some of his throws and reads.

I agree, the Falcons aren't elite, and the Eagles are still the stronger team that would be beat us more often than not. But I think we proved to the world that we can play with the best and beat the best. So you can't count us out when it comes to the big games any longer.

Profile E-mail