Predictions for the Eagles game

Discuss your favorite team: the Atlanta Falcons. As well as all NFL and pro football-related topics, including fantasy football.

Moderators: Capologist, dirtybirdnw, thescout

starley657
All-Pro
All-Pro

Predictions for the Eagles game

Postby starley657 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:30 am

What do you think will happen tonight? I think the Falcons win by 10 or more. Yes you heard me. I think that the Falcons will come out pumped with something to prove and will show everyone they are for real. I also think that the first play of the game will be a play action pass to Crumpler. This shows the Eagles we aren't afraid to pass and gets Vick a completion to feel comfortable with to start the game. Everyone thinks we'll run it, so throw it instead, and we all know that Crumpler is the man and won't drop it.

Falcons 24
Eagles 13

I know I know. This makes no sense, but it's the first game. Who knows what will happen? I mean did anyone expect some of the teams like the Dolphins and 49ers to win today? So you never know until it's over. No matter what I do feel the Falcons win the game!!!

dirtybirdnw

Postby dirtybirdnw » Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:15 am

I have my doubts. Especially with the majority of the pundits picking the Falcons to win. I do think it will be a huge win or a huge loss. We either lay one of the ugliest wins we have ever witnessed (harkening back to St. Louis) or we manage a 10 point win.
Fear the BEARD!

Pudge
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Postby Pudge » Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:58 am

My head and gut say we won't win this game. But hey, what the heck.

Falcons 26
Eagles 24
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.

GSUTeke
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby GSUTeke » Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:23 am

the iggles are the defending NFC champs but come one guys, you are talking about our chances like we're the 9ers. not only do the falcons have a better than even chance of winning this game, they have prolly the best chance in the NFC to go all the way. the team is solid top to bottom.

buddyboy
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby buddyboy » Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:37 pm

GSUTeke wrote: the team is solid top to bottom.

that description i think fits the eagles more than the falcons, who are still questionable in the secondary, the passing game, and the o-line. that being said the falcs were in that nfc champ game up until that interception by dawkins so that says a lot about what the falcons do have. so though the eagles are the more solid team, in fact a very solid team, the falcons have some serious talent in enough positions to win as a flawed team. in my neophyte opinion.

i think there's a good chance the eagles will do what they did last year: stack up the front and make vick pass from the pocket. if he can, the falcons have a good chance of winning. if he can't it will probably be a replay of last year.

thanks for listening..i'm new (though i've been a falc fan for a decade and a half) so forgive any indiscretions. just wanted to throw my two cents in the bucket

The_Incomparable
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby The_Incomparable » Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:55 pm

Jenkins & the White boys will make some big plays downfield, opening up our running game & keeping the ball moving & giving us decent field position. Our D can handle the Eagles, so here goes:

Falcons 24
Eagles 17

DenimJacket
Veteran
Veteran

Postby DenimJacket » Mon Sep 12, 2005 2:31 pm

We need to get pressure on McNabb but Philly pass protects really well.
If McNabb is given time he will pick our zone apart.

We need to be able to run the ball against what will probably be a stacked box.

I still believe we are a handfull of players away. I've gotta pick Philly in this one. :(

FalconsAreTheBest
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby FalconsAreTheBest » Mon Sep 12, 2005 2:45 pm

Dirtybirds - 17
****birds - 13

:D

AngryJohnny51
Superstar
Superstar

Postby AngryJohnny51 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:14 pm

The Eagles will be geared up to stop the run and force us to move the ball threw the air, which I am not confident we can do this early in the season against a good defense like Philly. A close game early and the score won't indicate how close it really was...

Eagles 27
Falcons 10

dirtybirdnw

Postby dirtybirdnw » Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:36 pm

AngryJohnny51 wrote:The Eagles will be geared up to stop the run and force us to move the ball threw the air, which I am not confident we can do this early in the season against a good defense like Philly. A close game early and the score won't indicate how close it really was...

Eagles 27
Falcons 10

The last two post-season meetings, rinse, repeat (although last years game wasn't all that close at all).
Fear the BEARD!

Steve-O
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby Steve-O » Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:42 pm

I'm a homer and I admit that so I have no problem saying the Falcons win 28-17. I think we will be able to establish the running game and play with a lead the entire second half. I think TO will covered up better than most people think and he will pitch a hissy fit and we will see a melt down on the Iggles sideline.

dirtybirdnw

Postby dirtybirdnw » Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:52 pm

Hmmm.... I'm guessing the game will likely be 14-3 or 14-10 Eagles. I don't forsee this game being an offensive barn burner. Both the Falcons and Eagles have defenses too good to allow something like that. It could be on par with the Indy/Baltimore game in that the first team to score could run away with it.
Fear the BEARD!

starley657
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby starley657 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:01 pm

I think Griffith will get a few passes to him tonight. Last year every time Vick rolled out he would hit Griffith because people committed to him running the ball and he always dumped it off. I think Mora and Knapp will get him some short throws in to get him comfortable. As for the Eagles, they are going to have to throw to beat us. I just don't see Westbrook running on us. Now can they throw? Sure, but if you lock down TO by doubling him or whatever, who else do they have? I think they'll have a great year, but I don't think they are what they were last year. Just my opinion though.

GSUTeke
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby GSUTeke » Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:08 pm

if the falcons score 3 points i will have an aneurism.

born2booze
Starter
Starter

Postby born2booze » Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:10 pm

I am going to say 17-14 Falcons because I do think we can run on the D-line of the Eagles. Last year Shaffer did an outstanding job on Kearse but Weiner just was out played by Burgess last year and he had a lot to do with Vick not being able to get in a rythem. I think the Falcons need to establish Duckett early and then mix in Dunn latter on. I am not scared by Eagles on Offense, I do think the Hall can cover Owens, I started believing the hype after he completely locked Torry Holt down last year in the playoffs. I think the Eagles aren't a tough running team and I would be worried if my team had to throw on 3 and 2 to get the 1st.

dirtybirdnw

Postby dirtybirdnw » Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:12 pm

It's all in how the offense clicks. If Vick's timing is off or Dunn isn't in rythem with the O-Line the offense is toast. The WCO (how close or far apart our flavor is) is an offense that is based on timing.

My concern is throwing two new recievers into the fire and both they and Vick need that gelling period.
Fear the BEARD!

FalconsAreTheBest
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby FalconsAreTheBest » Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:41 am

Dirtybirds - 17
****birds - 13

I was close. I gave the teams credit for an extra FG apiece.

dirtybirdnw

Postby dirtybirdnw » Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:46 am

I was dead on with the score.
Fear the BEARD!

AngryJohnny51
Superstar
Superstar

Postby AngryJohnny51 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:48 am

Eagles 27
Falcons 10

I was wrong and glad I was.

:oops:

starley657
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby starley657 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:50 am

You don't have to brag Dirty. Ha Ha. We'll see if you get it right next week.

dirtybirdnw

Postby dirtybirdnw » Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:52 am

And next week I'll be in Seattle AT the game :)
Fear the BEARD!

starley657
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby starley657 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:58 am

Maybe this year Seattle will let Alexander get a yard if he needs it for whatever reason. That was sad last year. Actually, I hope the Falcons shut him down!!! Have fun at the game.

Capologist
Cap Guru
Cap Guru

Postby Capologist » Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:29 am

dirtybirdnw wrote:And next week I'll be in Seattle AT the game :)

Lucky!

For the record, I was thinking 27-20 Falcons so I was WAY off on the score... :wink:

Return to “The Huddle”