It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:55 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: WOO HOO!!!!!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:20 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I think I'm am too obsessed with football.

Raiders offense looked great first drive, Watson is tearin it up for the Pats first drive!

WHo else is watching?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:32 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

I'm there watching. I considered Lamont Jordan to possibly be the steal of this past year's off-season because he has great potential. Based on the way he's looking mid-way through the 1st quarter, it looks like I was right.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:29 pm 
Starter
Starter

God Ben Watson looks amazing, he is an absolute freak and I think he will change the TE position the way people thought daddy's boy Kellen would.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:34 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Being a UGA alum, I had the pleasure of watching him play in college. He seems to have gotten a bit faster, maybe dropping some weight to focus more on receiving since the Pats aren't as run happy as UGA. Still, he was a the best offensive player the Dawgs had his last year there, eclipsing Brown, Gibson, Greene, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:22 am 

I always thought Watson was an immense talent. He jumped into Round 1 in 2004 because he put up some great Combine numbers, but didn't play like that on the field. It looks like that he's starting to perform up to that talent now.

But was I the only one that thought the Raiders were foolish to play zone against the Patriots? The Patriots have an abundance of speed and quickness and could tear apart the Raiders zone D because of that. The Raiders don't have a very fast defense, I realize, so zone may be in one light a better option than man coverage, but I think your defense needs to be faster if you're going to use a lot of zone, since they have to cover more ground quicker than in man coverage, when they are at least usually a few steps behind or beside the guy.

The Patriots looked a bit sloppy tonight. I suspect they'll pick up as the season wears on as they always do, but they looked very beatable tonight.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:42 pm 
Starter
Starter

Pudge wrote:
I always thought Watson was an immense talent. He jumped into Round 1 in 2004 because he put up some great Combine numbers, but didn't play like that on the field. It looks like that he's starting to perform up to that talent now.

But was I the only one that thought the Raiders were foolish to play zone against the Patriots? The Patriots have an abundance of speed and quickness and could tear apart the Raiders zone D because of that. The Raiders don't have a very fast defense, I realize, so zone may be in one light a better option than man coverage, but I think your defense needs to be faster if you're going to use a lot of zone, since they have to cover more ground quicker than in man coverage, when they are at least usually a few steps behind or beside the guy.

The Patriots looked a bit sloppy tonight. I suspect they'll pick up as the season wears on as they always do, but they looked very beatable tonight.

Brady was just picking apart every Raider defender and I always love watching him play. The Pats defense didn't look like it was any different even without all the players they lost. But I think they got tired at the end and the game was pretty sloppy in the second half.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:31 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

That whole game was ugly. I am glad to see the Pats go to a four man line. I've been telling all my friends that I thought that is what they were going to do since they lost 2 inside linebackers.
Oakland could've won that game if it were not for all of the penalties. Well they would have been in a lot better position to win at least.
Both teams played really sloppy I thought. Even the Pats were not nearly as crisp as they have been in the past. What happened to Corey Dillion? I hope they keep playing that sloppy all year, they certainly looked beatable last night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:43 pm 
Cap Guru
Cap Guru

One of these days the Raiders will remember that defense is what wins championships...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:58 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Yeah Dillon was getting chewed out by Brady after a TD for some reason, which I'm sure we'll hear about. I cannot stand Rodney Harrison & how the officials let him be a complete asshole throughout the game. It was so funny to see Moss make him look silly on that big TD. Richard Seymour is the best defensive lineman in the game & reminded me of Reggie White before Michaels even mentioned it.

Did anyone else think Robert Gallery looked pitiful last night? I've never seen a huge first round tackle get flatbacked so many times in one game. It was sad actually.

Collins is still a head case, but some of that is the line not blocking. Jordan looked like he might have a big night but seemed to get shut down as the game went on.

It was a decent game but I'd be lying if I said I watched much of the 2nd half. I love football but I don't care to watch 2 teams I don't care about in a lopsided game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:01 pm 

I think Brady was getting on Dillon's case because he was sulking on the field. He looked like he was about to have a fit on the field.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:16 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I think Brady was getting on Dillon's case because he was sulking on the field. He looked like he was about to have a fit on the field.

You know whats funny? Whenever you see that on another team the announcers are quick to say "uh-oh, thats not good". But not when Tom "Montana" Brady does it.

COuld you imagine how they would act if Manning did it. They'd probably say its the best example of leadership the worlds history.

Peoples hard ons for Brady and Manning make me sick. bleh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:31 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

the reaiders may have a worse Oline than us. everytime something bad negative happened to Oak on offense you'd see big #66 standing around with his hands on his hips.