Price's agent

Discuss your favorite team: the Atlanta Falcons. As well as all NFL and pro football-related topics, including fantasy football.

Moderators: Capologist, dirtybirdnw, thescout

FalconsAreTheBest
All-Pro
All-Pro

Price's agent

Postby FalconsAreTheBest » Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:21 pm

Said something along the lines that we shouldve released Price in June, that wouldve been the "professional" thing to do. And added that now Price can move on with his career as a reciever not as a blocker.

heh f*** agents.

Steve-O
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby Steve-O » Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:27 pm

sour grapes or somethin'...oh well, no real big loss for us. Perhaps if Price could have ever got some seperation then we would not have asked him to block so much,

and yeah, F--- agents

The_Incomparable
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby The_Incomparable » Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:45 am

mywebname wrote:sour grapes or somethin'...oh well, no real big loss for us. Perhaps if Price could have ever got some seperation then we would not have asked him to block so much,

and yeah, F--- agents

Exactly. And why is it so many people are nuthugging this guy now? If you can't be a #1 receiver on the best running team in the world, then how is it this guy is going to be a "solid #2 for some team"? A solid #2 is Reggie Wayne or Isaac Bruce, not Peerless Price.

Pudge
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Postby Pudge » Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:15 am

Well I think the agent has a point. The Falcons knew going into training camp and the month of June in that if Roddy White continued to impress and Michael Jenkins did nothing to jeopardize his starting spot, they weren't going to keep Price.

So in truth, the Falcons went through the motions on Price, only keeping in case something bad happened.

IMO, the "professional" thing would have been to cut Price, when he was simply an insurance policy. I'm not saying the Falcons were overtly wrong for keeping Price as long as they did, but they knew (at least I think they did) that he was a longshot to make the roster.

It is a case of sour grapes, and I really think his agents comments were pointed at Knapp & Vick because they were "promised" a passing offense where Peerless would b the #1 target, and ended up in a very run-first offense where Peerless blocked most of the time.

I'm not saying the agent is right, but I think he does have a point. And had you been repping Peerless, you would have said the same thing.

But in the end, yes f@!k agents :)
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.

Steve-O
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby Steve-O » Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:11 am

Price nor his agent should complain about anything. Price made out like a bandit with a lot of money for nothing. Price's getting cut, no matter when it happened, was a result of Price's actions.
And yes I agree that we probably knew we weren't taking Price into this season, but Iagree with us hanging on to him as long as possible. The team was looking after their best interests and to me that is what is important. Peerless was more than adequately compensated for his troubles.

The_Incomparable
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby The_Incomparable » Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:43 pm

Seriously, must be nice to get $10 million+ from a bunch of people you "hate".

Pudge

Postby Pudge » Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:42 pm

ESPN has Price signing with Dallas to be their #3. That's a marriage that could work.
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.

FalconAwesome
Starter
Starter

Postby FalconAwesome » Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:12 pm

ESPN reports- The Dallas Cowboys won the Peerless Price sweepstakes Saturday, reaching agreement on a one-year contract worth $2 mill[/quote]

dirtybirdnw

Postby dirtybirdnw » Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:23 am

And Price is still stealing candy from babies. He's due to make what $9 million over the next two seasons and isn't even remotely close to being a start again? Must be nice.
Fear the BEARD!

Return to “The Huddle”