It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:35 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Babineaux
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:55 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

This guy has really impressed me. After watching the game again he was almost unblockable. If we can have our line stay healthy with Smith and Kerney at ends, and let Rod & Babs in the middle I will be extremely happy.

The key to a good pass defense is a great pass rush and I think we have that. I feel comfortable with our starters for years except for our secondary (DeLo excluded).

Kerney
Coleman
Babs
DeMo
Hartwell
Brooking
DeLo

Building blocks my friends, building blocks. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:40 pm 
Cap Guru
Cap Guru

He definitely fits the Coleman mold which is important because that type of DT is exactly what our line needs to be successful...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:47 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

You know I remember hearing Coleman say in an interview a while back that he really liked this kid and that he was working with him a lot. I hope some of what Coleman knows will rub off on him because Coleman has been great for us. I do like our D a lot. Well our front D at least. Our DBs can get better. Who knows maybe someone from another team will get cut and we can pick up another CB. Either way, I don't think teams will be able to run on us much this year. Pass maybe, but not run.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 2:44 am 
Playmaker
Playmaker

Yea but isn't Lavalais our number 2 DT? Babs will be a good backup to those 2 but I think Lavalais will be starting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:48 am 
Cap Guru
Cap Guru

Graff, you are correct...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:28 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Yea but isn't Lavalais our number 2 DT?

At the moment but I can see Babs beating our Lavalais. Our depth chart isint written in stone. Price starting out camp as our #1 reciever but lost his job. The coaches have said nothing but great things about Babs. If you read the pressers it sounds as if he is the staffs favorite rookie and are expecting huge things from him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:27 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Even if Babs doesn't start he'll play a lot. He is a exact clone of Coleman. Except he plays with better technique than Coleman. To be honest I hav enever seen a tackle play with as little "technique" as Coleman. He just gets in there and thrashes around and somehow makes big plays doing it. Not that I am complaining...Anyway....Babs will see the field a lot and having him will allow us to keep him and Coleman fresher during games, which should result in a lot of pressure on QB's....Our D-Line is gonna be fierce!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:00 am 

Since Bab's is a rookie he will be in bench pergatory his first year. I'm not entirely sure having a pair of Coleman type DT's on the line is a good thing anyways. We are still small up front relying on athleticism and exposed to the "KC Problem" in that an offensive line with bigger men will push our D-Line around. There aren't many lines in the NFL that are the size of KC's only Arizona and Minnesota come off the top of my head.

We still need that one big mo'fo to rotate into the line that could take out 2 lineman just falling down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:44 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

I don't think Babs will be in purgatory. Remember Lavalais and Lake as the #3 and #4 DTs last year, each logged about as much time as Jasper and Coleman got last year (20-35 snaps per game).

Babs is going to play a lot, and I suspect he and Coleman will be the guys on the field on a lot of passing downs.

Stopping the run I think may be an issue. We are small in the middle. The Bucs D always had issues with teams that have good OLs and were dedicated to stuffing the ball down their throats. I think we have the same issues because we are built on speed and have very little size. I think teams like the Jets, Panthers, Patriots, and potentially Saints have the rushing capabilities that could exploit us like the Chiefs did last year. But overall, I expect our run defense is going to be good, but I think there may be a game like a Chiefs game where a team just stuffs it down our throats.

mywebname wrote:
To be honest I hav enever seen a tackle play with as little "technique" as Coleman.

You might be right. Coleman has at times looked lost this preseason, and I don't recall that same reaction last year. I'm hoping it's just an overall lacking effort because it's the preseason, and he'll step things up once the season starts and it "matters."

Profile E-mail