Did Magner hurt his chances?

Discuss your favorite team: the Atlanta Falcons. As well as all NFL and pro football-related topics, including fantasy football.

Moderators: Capologist, dirtybirdnw, thescout

MarylandFalcon1
Superstar
Superstar

Did Magner hurt his chances?

Postby MarylandFalcon1 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:33 am

I watched Cole and he came in to play with the second team the second they brought Matt in at QB. The announcers tried to blame the fall of western civilization on the guy after he lost that punt (by saying he was the guy who tipped it for the INT [Jenkins] and the guy who clipped on the punt [Mosley]) but really that was his only mistake. I don't believe he had a drop and he did have one catch, plus Schaub really wasn't taking any shots downfield after that INT. I did see he had been moved to the #4 WR_X spot on the depth chart so he has beaten out Brian Bratton (and Bratton was also bumped from the #2 punt return by Hall).

Just wondering what you guys are thinking.

MF1

dirtybirdnw

Postby dirtybirdnw » Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:40 am

We weren't looking to pass period. We had roughly 25 to 26 TOTAL attempts with our rushing game once again dominating. I don't know if it is pre season or what but we are barely even thinking about passing the ball.
Fear the BEARD!

Steve-O
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby Steve-O » Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:36 pm

With all the rain I can see why we didn't pass that much. I think Cole may have hurt his chances a little. He did make a few mistakes, the fumble being the biggest, but the coaches have to expect the rookies to do dumb things like that at some point. The key is how they respond to it. We didn't get to see Cole respond in this game, but I am sure he'll get one more chance to make an impression against MIA.

AngryJohnny51
Superstar
Superstar

Postby AngryJohnny51 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:45 pm

Does he really have a chance though? They aren't going to cut one of Rowdy, Jenkins, Price, Dez White or Finneran. That's 5 receivers on team that only runs three receiver sets on rare occasions. I can see him going to the practice squad though....

Return to “The Huddle”