It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:38 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Chris Simms-critical condition
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:17 pm 
Starter
Starter

Chris Simms per Tampa Tribune listed in critical condition -he was rushed to the hospital after the game. Played hard in the loss hope he will be okay.

Post subject: Re: Chris Simms-critical condition
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:23 pm 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

FalconAwesome wrote:
Chris Simms per Tampa Tribune listed in critical condition -he was rushed to the hospital after the game. Played hard in the loss hope he will be okay.

Peter King just reported that he "wasn't in critical condition", that he was taken to the hospital as a precaution...so that is some good news!!! Now if he can survive Gruden , though he did pick up his game a bit today. He took some wicked hits.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:26 pm 
Starter
Starter

Hopefully not critical and just dealing with heat related issues (dehydration) BB that would and hopefully is good news.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:39 pm 
Starter
Starter

Simms has spleen removed and a blood transfusion but mom says he is doing okay and no serious danger. Hopefully good news. From Peter King at SI.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:40 pm 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

FalconAwesome wrote:
Hopefully not critical and just dealing with heat related issues (dehydration) BB that would and hopefully is good news.

Turns out it was his spleen. It was removed and he is resting . He will be ok according to his mother...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:19 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Wow.

W

We are building a fighting force of extraordinary magnitude. We forge our tradition in the spirit of our ancestors. You have our gratitude.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:57 pm 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

They are reporting he is likely done for the year. I know i was a little rough on him, as most of us were, but the kid showed some guts staying in the game after quite a few brutal hits, one of which ruptured his spleen. Bleeding internally and still leads a TD drive....he has my respect!!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:58 pm 

Wow... I would hate to be a Bucs offensive lineman tonight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:02 pm 

BirdBrain wrote:
They are reporting he is likely done for the year. I know i was a little rough on him, as most of us were, but the kid showed some guts staying in the game after quite a few brutal hits, one of which ruptured his spleen. Bleeding internally and still leads a TD drive....he has my respect!!!

According to ESPN it likely happend in the 2nd quarter when Simms suffered a series of brutal hits. The Doctor that ESPN questioned stated that typical recovery is 6 weeks so Simms may return this year.

Playing 2 quarters with a ruptured spleen? I guess people can stop questioning his manhood and toughness and start banging on the Bucs O-Line.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:23 pm 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

dirtybirdnw wrote:
BirdBrain wrote:

According to ESPN it likely happend in the 2nd quarter when Simms suffered a series of brutal hits. The Doctor that ESPN questioned stated that typical recovery is 6 weeks so Simms may return this year.

Playing 2 quarters with a ruptured spleen? I guess people can stop questioning his manhood and toughness and start banging on the Bucs O-Line.

I have seen in most conditions where there is a removal of the spleen, a 6-8 week recovery to go back to work. But playing football is another thing. I would bet he is done for the year, especially now that it looks like the same can be said for the Bucs.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:49 am 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

http://www.tbo.com/sports/bucs/MGBPGG5CISE.html

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:31 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

i had to work during the noon wave of games, so on every break, i was rushing outside to listen to the updates on ESPN radio on my XM. at one point during the TB highlights, Ditka joked that Simms should get a lawyer and file a suit againts the TB O-line, because they are so bad...maybe Simms should actually consider that now...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:01 am 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

ridethemattrain wrote:
i had to work during the noon wave of games, so on every break, i was rushing outside to listen to the updates on ESPN radio on my XM. at one point during the TB highlights, Ditka joked that Simms should get a lawyer and file a suit againts the TB O-line, because they are so bad...maybe Simms should actually consider that now...

Speaking of "Ditka"....did anyone catch the Pregame show with him and Ron Jaworski (SP), where Ditka said that Mark Brunell was washed up and should be benched. Ron was really pissed and said, " Coach, are you crazy???", then Brunell goes out and hits 22 straight for a new NFL consectutive pass completion record.......ahhhhhh the experts!!!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:51 am 
Superstar
Superstar

BirdBrain wrote:
ridethemattrain wrote:

Speaking of "Ditka"....did anyone catch the Pregame show with him and Ron Jaworski (SP), where Ditka said that Mark Brunell was washed up and should be benched. Ron was really pissed and said, " Coach, are you crazy???", then Brunell goes out and hits 22 straight for a new NFL consectutive pass completion record.......ahhhhhh the experts!!!!

That is funny, to turn the tide on an 'expert'. But in Ditka's defense, what evidence was there to the contrary that Brunell was washed up? He did look old, slow and aweful the previous week(s).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:28 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

BirdBrain wrote:
ridethemattrain wrote:

he was playing Houston....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:00 am 
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner

ridethemattrain wrote:
BirdBrain wrote:
ridethemattrain wrote:

he was playing Houston....

Then he lost...lol :lol:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:02 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

I'm a Pitt alum, but I realize Ditka is an idiot, and is about the most misinformed of all the so-called experts on ESPN, even more so than Salisbury and Jeremy Green.

This guy is only up there because he has a very likeable personality and of course is a football icon, not because anything that ever comes out of his mouth contributes to the body of human knowledge.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:52 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Just an fyi, Bryan Randall's down in Tampa trying out.