It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:38 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Chris Simms-critical condition
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:17 pm 
Offline
Starter
Starter

Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:05 pm
Posts: 66
Location: Savannah, Ga
Chris Simms per Tampa Tribune listed in critical condition -he was rushed to the hospital after the game. Played hard in the loss hope he will be okay.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Chris Simms-critical condition
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:23 pm 
Offline
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:16 am
Posts: 12232
Location: Aschaffenburg, Germany
FalconAwesome wrote:
Chris Simms per Tampa Tribune listed in critical condition -he was rushed to the hospital after the game. Played hard in the loss hope he will be okay.


Peter King just reported that he "wasn't in critical condition", that he was taken to the hospital as a precaution...so that is some good news!!! Now if he can survive Gruden , though he did pick up his game a bit today. He took some wicked hits.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:26 pm 
Offline
Starter
Starter

Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:05 pm
Posts: 66
Location: Savannah, Ga
Hopefully not critical and just dealing with heat related issues (dehydration) BB that would and hopefully is good news.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:39 pm 
Offline
Starter
Starter

Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:05 pm
Posts: 66
Location: Savannah, Ga
Simms has spleen removed and a blood transfusion but mom says he is doing okay and no serious danger. Hopefully good news. From Peter King at SI.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:40 pm 
Offline
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:16 am
Posts: 12232
Location: Aschaffenburg, Germany
FalconAwesome wrote:
Hopefully not critical and just dealing with heat related issues (dehydration) BB that would and hopefully is good news.


Turns out it was his spleen. It was removed and he is resting . He will be ok according to his mother...


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:19 pm 
Offline
Superstar
Superstar
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:59 am
Posts: 2125
Location: Deepinthehearta
Wow.

W

_________________
Fantasy League Champion 2010
Pick Em Co-Champion 2011

We are building a fighting force of extraordinary magnitude. We forge our tradition in the spirit of our ancestors. You have our gratitude.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:57 pm 
Offline
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:16 am
Posts: 12232
Location: Aschaffenburg, Germany
They are reporting he is likely done for the year. I know i was a little rough on him, as most of us were, but the kid showed some guts staying in the game after quite a few brutal hits, one of which ruptured his spleen. Bleeding internally and still leads a TD drive....he has my respect!!!


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:58 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:11 pm
Posts: 4526
Location: Vancouver, WA
Wow... I would hate to be a Bucs offensive lineman tonight.

_________________
Fear the BEARD!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:02 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:11 pm
Posts: 4526
Location: Vancouver, WA
BirdBrain wrote:
They are reporting he is likely done for the year. I know i was a little rough on him, as most of us were, but the kid showed some guts staying in the game after quite a few brutal hits, one of which ruptured his spleen. Bleeding internally and still leads a TD drive....he has my respect!!!


According to ESPN it likely happend in the 2nd quarter when Simms suffered a series of brutal hits. The Doctor that ESPN questioned stated that typical recovery is 6 weeks so Simms may return this year.

Playing 2 quarters with a ruptured spleen? I guess people can stop questioning his manhood and toughness and start banging on the Bucs O-Line.

_________________
Fear the BEARD!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:23 pm 
Offline
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:16 am
Posts: 12232
Location: Aschaffenburg, Germany
dirtybirdnw wrote:
BirdBrain wrote:
They are reporting he is likely done for the year. I know i was a little rough on him, as most of us were, but the kid showed some guts staying in the game after quite a few brutal hits, one of which ruptured his spleen. Bleeding internally and still leads a TD drive....he has my respect!!!


According to ESPN it likely happend in the 2nd quarter when Simms suffered a series of brutal hits. The Doctor that ESPN questioned stated that typical recovery is 6 weeks so Simms may return this year.

Playing 2 quarters with a ruptured spleen? I guess people can stop questioning his manhood and toughness and start banging on the Bucs O-Line.


I have seen in most conditions where there is a removal of the spleen, a 6-8 week recovery to go back to work. But playing football is another thing. I would bet he is done for the year, especially now that it looks like the same can be said for the Bucs.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:49 am 
Offline
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:16 am
Posts: 12232
Location: Aschaffenburg, Germany
http://www.tbo.com/sports/bucs/MGBPGG5CISE.html


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:31 am 
Offline
All-Pro
All-Pro
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:54 pm
Posts: 707
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
i had to work during the noon wave of games, so on every break, i was rushing outside to listen to the updates on ESPN radio on my XM. at one point during the TB highlights, Ditka joked that Simms should get a lawyer and file a suit againts the TB O-line, because they are so bad...maybe Simms should actually consider that now...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:01 am 
Offline
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:16 am
Posts: 12232
Location: Aschaffenburg, Germany
ridethemattrain wrote:
i had to work during the noon wave of games, so on every break, i was rushing outside to listen to the updates on ESPN radio on my XM. at one point during the TB highlights, Ditka joked that Simms should get a lawyer and file a suit againts the TB O-line, because they are so bad...maybe Simms should actually consider that now...


Speaking of "Ditka"....did anyone catch the Pregame show with him and Ron Jaworski (SP), where Ditka said that Mark Brunell was washed up and should be benched. Ron was really pissed and said, " Coach, are you crazy???", then Brunell goes out and hits 22 straight for a new NFL consectutive pass completion record.......ahhhhhh the experts!!!!


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:51 am 
Offline
Superstar
Superstar

Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:22 am
Posts: 1548
Location: Parts Unknown
BirdBrain wrote:
ridethemattrain wrote:
i had to work during the noon wave of games, so on every break, i was rushing outside to listen to the updates on ESPN radio on my XM. at one point during the TB highlights, Ditka joked that Simms should get a lawyer and file a suit againts the TB O-line, because they are so bad...maybe Simms should actually consider that now...


Speaking of "Ditka"....did anyone catch the Pregame show with him and Ron Jaworski (SP), where Ditka said that Mark Brunell was washed up and should be benched. Ron was really pissed and said, " Coach, are you crazy???", then Brunell goes out and hits 22 straight for a new NFL consectutive pass completion record.......ahhhhhh the experts!!!!


That is funny, to turn the tide on an 'expert'. But in Ditka's defense, what evidence was there to the contrary that Brunell was washed up? He did look old, slow and aweful the previous week(s).

_________________
Image
There's no question about that!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:28 am 
Offline
All-Pro
All-Pro
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:54 pm
Posts: 707
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
BirdBrain wrote:
ridethemattrain wrote:
i had to work during the noon wave of games, so on every break, i was rushing outside to listen to the updates on ESPN radio on my XM. at one point during the TB highlights, Ditka joked that Simms should get a lawyer and file a suit againts the TB O-line, because they are so bad...maybe Simms should actually consider that now...


Speaking of "Ditka"....did anyone catch the Pregame show with him and Ron Jaworski (SP), where Ditka said that Mark Brunell was washed up and should be benched. Ron was really pissed and said, " Coach, are you crazy???", then Brunell goes out and hits 22 straight for a new NFL consectutive pass completion record.......ahhhhhh the experts!!!!


he was playing Houston....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:00 am 
Offline
2009 Mock Contest Winner
2009 Mock Contest Winner
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:16 am
Posts: 12232
Location: Aschaffenburg, Germany
ridethemattrain wrote:
BirdBrain wrote:
ridethemattrain wrote:
i had to work during the noon wave of games, so on every break, i was rushing outside to listen to the updates on ESPN radio on my XM. at one point during the TB highlights, Ditka joked that Simms should get a lawyer and file a suit againts the TB O-line, because they are so bad...maybe Simms should actually consider that now...


Speaking of "Ditka"....did anyone catch the Pregame show with him and Ron Jaworski (SP), where Ditka said that Mark Brunell was washed up and should be benched. Ron was really pissed and said, " Coach, are you crazy???", then Brunell goes out and hits 22 straight for a new NFL consectutive pass completion record.......ahhhhhh the experts!!!!


he was playing Houston....


Then he lost...lol :lol:


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:02 pm 
Offline
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:03 pm
Posts: 26018
Location: North Carolina
I'm a Pitt alum, but I realize Ditka is an idiot, and is about the most misinformed of all the so-called experts on ESPN, even more so than Salisbury and Jeremy Green.

This guy is only up there because he has a very likeable personality and of course is a football icon, not because anything that ever comes out of his mouth contributes to the body of human knowledge.

_________________
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:52 pm 
Offline
Superstar
Superstar
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:30 pm
Posts: 2347
Just an fyi, Bryan Randall's down in Tampa trying out.

_________________
Good is the Worst Enemy of Great


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  


cron