It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:12 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: BB,...Pudge please have a sit
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:40 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Welcome Pudge and BB,...have a seat. A beer?

Man, life is too short for people to be in strife. There's enough of that in every day life around the World. It's a waste of time and energy to always be at odds mentally with politics, opinions on politics, football, opinions on football or *opinions* on a constant basis with a people, a group of people or one person.

It seems okay to create posts about what we love, in this case the Falcons. It also seems okay to be positive about things when we compose our posts. It's easier to be negative than positive. If you're always negative or, lolcautiously optimistic, you'll never risk anything. It's the safe bet to be negative because if things go bad, you win and when things go well you still win.

Wow,...just had a thought,...could this type thinking be named Falcosis or something? and I admit,...for the last 32 years, I have had that thinking from time to time. Maybe the old guys like you and BB remember when we wanted the Falcons to lose late in the season so their draft order would be higher? lol Like that would've helped.

If my posts aren't welcome, I need to know guys. It's just a waste of time to have to response to posts that were made today. Thanks guys,...another beer?
;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:48 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

no answer usually means yes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:25 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

don't take things so personal. Life is too short. Just laugh at the blovulating.

Enjoy.

W

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:17 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

I got ya PB.

I understand you. This place ruled when
I first came here. You could say anything off the top of your head.

But now everything has to be researched for half a day because if your wrong with one minor detail your branded. Not to mention you have to make sure your opinion doesnt conflict with anyone elses or you are an oppressor, then we get dragged back into a discusion we've had already 1,000 times.

Not to mention the newcomers who have come from alleged "horrible fascist" boards yet they roam around here as if its the same place. GET OVER IT! Your old board was s***....this one isint.....but it is slowly becoming that way. Anyone wanna take a guest why? Anyone see a coincidence? I mean, we can't even talk about our franchise player without being quikly and silently hurried into either the nut-hugger camp or the hater camp.

I dont think too many people on here have ever heard of the middle ground. Which is why this place is starting to remind me of ESPN.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:29 pm 

I typically ignore a post that I don't care for. Tempers have been flaring as of late and some folks haven't handled it well while some have. As a mod I keep to Pudge's policy of light enforcement and locking down threads as a last resort.

Me thinks folks that read BB's posts just need to take it with a grain of salt. BB is blunt and he's not the first person on the board to be a blunt poster. Personally PB's quirky posting style bugged me at first but I didn't say anything and since then it's kinda grown on me and I enjoy the posts now.

I think folks just need to calm down and not take things so personally. I also think folks need to stop throwing around comments degrading peoples opinions even if the stats prove the opinion wrong. Heck I've made a lot of posts that weren't researched and I have been proven wrong by the hard numbers. I don't really care at the end of the day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:30 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

I apologize to anyone if my posts are offensive or condescending I don't mean them to be that way.

I just know some posters bring the heat, and I try to take it right back at them when we get into debates/discussions/arguments. But I sometimes forget the kitchen can be a little to hot for others. And I think I should be more mindful.

I think over the next few weeks, I'll lurk more and see how things are playing out. I too have noticed a change in tone and demeanor of the board. But I don't think it has been a recent change, I think this has been the way it's been all off-season long. But I think a lot of that has to do with the state in which the Falcons exist currently. There seems to be a lot on the line for this season, moreso than past years. People have high expectations, and thus tempers and blood pressures are higher as well.

I think if the Falcons had gone 10-6 last year and made the playoffs, people would be less "snippy" as they are.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:33 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

vickisthebest wrote:
I got ya PB.

I understand you. This place ruled when
I first came here. You could say anything off the top of your head.

But now everything has to be researched for half a day because if your wrong with one minor detail your branded. Not to mention you have to make sure your opinion doesnt conflict with anyone elses or you are an oppressor, then we get dragged back into a discusion we've had already 1,000 times.

Not to mention the newcomers who have come from alleged "horrible fascist" boards yet they roam around here as if its the same place. GET OVER IT! Your old board was s**t....this one isint.....but it is slowly becoming that way. Anyone wanna take a guest why? Anyone see a coincidence? I mean, we can't even talk about our franchise player without being quikly and silently hurried into either the nut-hugger camp or the hater camp.

I dont think too many people on here have ever heard of the middle ground. Which is why this place is starting to remind me of ESPN.

check out the Braves board over at ESPN.

sheez. :roll: