It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:33 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Give me your 6 teams you think make NFC Playoffs
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 10:02 pm 

I know it's insane to even think what might happen in the future.Injuries, players don't play up to their ability, coaching and the other variables that could make a team not play well. Just for fun thought I would make a list now and look back and see how good/bad my Nostradamus predictions come true. :P

My list include:

1. Phildelphia
2.Chicago
3.San Fransisco
4.New Orleans

Wildcard
1.St.Louis Rams
2.Seattle

I think Philly will be the strongest in the NFL East. I expect the Giants to play a lot better but Philly should win its division. I chose a few teams not to repeat simply because it's so difficult to repeat and other teams that didn't make the playoffs are hungry.

Chicago with the additions of Houston and Allen should really help the pass rush. San Fran will feel slighted after last year's playoff loss to Seattle and want payback. In the NFC South no team as repeated so I think that more than any is the reason I went with New Orleans. Carolina lost their left tackle and receivers. Atlanta will be in the hunt but again feel they won't win the division.
My wild card teams are Seattle and the Rams. I feel the Rams made significant upgrades and because of their defense will find a way into the playoffs. Seattle is Seattle and know what it takes to become champion.

Teams that will be there till the end will be Detroit,Green Bay, Arizona, Giants, Carolina,Atlanta.

It's going to be really tough for the Falcons to make the playoffs. It will be fierce competition for the playoffs.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Give me your 6 teams you think make NFC Playoffs
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 9:01 am 
Superstar
Superstar

I can't make official predictions until August and going through every team's schedule. It's the only proper way of doing it. If I had to pick right now, it would have to be something like this.

East: Philadelphia- Slightly over the Giants just because of the Giants lack of a front seven and questionable o-line. Plus Eli has to be considered a question mark.

North: Green Bay- I really wanted to take Chicago, but they always get banged up. You can say the same thing for Green Bay, but they always seem to have better depth. Should be a close battle though.

South: New Orleans- Nobody is going to touch them in the South this year.

West: Seattle- Still got to give it to the champs, although San Francisco will be pushing them.

Wild Card

San Francisco is an obvious choice. They are too talented not to make a deep run again. Stevie Johnson addition could be the move that puts them over the top believe it or not. With Crabtree and Davis shut down against Seattle, all they essentially had was Boldin against Seattle. Now they actually have a slot receiver that can stay healthy unlike Mario Manningham. I know Johnson has had some issues, but I'm expecting to be more motivated and not dog it like he did at times in Buffalo.

Chicago is my final seed just for what they've done in the off-season. The defensive line looks much improved and their defense shouldn't be a complete wreck. We know how stacked their offense is as well. St.Louis has a lot of potential, but Bradford worries me.

I'm a Devin Hester guy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Give me your 6 teams you think make NFC Playoffs
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 9:03 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

'Dem Buccaneers going all the way.

Profile E-mail