It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:00 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hypothetical
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 10:11 am 
All-Pro
All-Pro

Looks like the Jets might want to trade into the top ten. If so would you consider it if your the Falcons, what would you want in return, and who would we target at that pick? Calvin Prior, Aaron Donald, etc...??? I'd need their 2nd and 3rd this year and 1st next just to start the conversation.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... ll-beckham

Post subject: Re: Hypothetical
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 10:59 am 
Superstar
Superstar

It's always interesting to speculate on if we'll trade up, trade down or stand pat. People's personal opinions on how they'd run a team make it fun. Personally, especially this year, I don't care what they do one way or another as long as whomever they take with the first pick can make an immediate impact, whether it's rushing a QB, protecting Ryan's blind side or stuffing the run.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 12:49 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Ewww... Trading back with the Jets. Yeah, we're certainly taking their 1st and 2nd this year, and either their first next year, or their 3rd this year and 2nd and 3rd next year.

At 18, Barr and Ebron are gone. Zack Martin might be there still. Clinton-Dix or Calvin Pryor might be there.

If we were to make a trade like this, it would really improve our ability to fill our holes for the next couple of years. I don't see Dimitroff pulling the trigger on this, however. This is an anti-Dimitroff move.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 2:54 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

According to the traditional trade value chart, a move from 18 to 6 would cost you 700 points, which is the equivalent of the 26th overall pick. Jets hold #49 (410 pts), #80 (190), and #104 (86).

My assumption then is you probably get their 2nd and 4th this year and probably a 2nd or 3rd next year.

Ebron might be there, but given everything I've heard about his character and personality, there's no chance he'd be a Falcon pick. They want someone with a lot less ego.

I suspect a lot of DBs and WRs will be going in that mid to late 1st round rage. Maybe Zack Martin is there, but I'm thinking more and more he's a top 15 pick just because of the premium put on OL. Calvin Pryor, maybe Clinton-Dix is probably the best option.

Barr and Donald will also be long gone.

IMO, if you move back to 18, I think you're hoping to get a S, or you're hoping that you'll be in position to move back again because some teams picking late might be willing to move up for a WR or CB, or maybe a QB.

I think there's going to be a lot of activity in that 13 to 20 pick range in the middle of the first with teams moving up/down.

Profile E-mail