A trade with the Cheifs that would make sense...

Discuss your favorite team: the Atlanta Falcons. As well as all NFL and pro football-related topics, including fantasy football.

Moderators: Capologist, dirtybirdnw, thescout

ridethemattrain
All-Pro
All-Pro

A trade with the Cheifs that would make sense...

Postby ridethemattrain » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:40 pm

The contract would need to be reworked, but i would do this in a heartbeat (for a second this year and third next, or vice-versa)!

Should Chiefs revamp safety corps?

April, 13, 2014
9:42 AM ET

By Tom Carpenter | ESPN.com

Safety Eric Berry still has two years remaining on his contract with the Kansas City Chiefs and will carry a cap hit of $11.6 million this season and more than $8.3 million next year. Could shedding that cheddar off of the cap and adding a draft pick or two be good enough reason to trade him away before the draft?

"Let’s be clear. The Chiefs are not shopping Berry, and there is no indication they’ve been contacted about a trade. But the possibility is at least being kicked around in some football circles, and Chiefs GM John Dorsey would have to listen, if not actively pursue it," wrote Sam Mellinger of the Kansas City Star.

"Through conversations with NFL personnel men, Berry would likely bring back at least a second- and third-round pick — perhaps more. One scout thought a first-round pick would be possible.

"Those picks would help the Chiefs fill holes, including wide receiver, and there are some intriguing safety prospects in what is widely considered a very deep draft."
Brian Westbrook taking a knee cost me the Fantasy Football championship!!

DaveWaz
Superstar
Superstar

Re: A trade with the Cheifs that would make sense...

Postby DaveWaz » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:45 pm

We've blown too much cap space to do this without reworking some deals, plus who knows if we are on good speaking terms with the Chiefs. I don't hate the idea, but I put the odds of it happening at around 1 in 10,000.
When life gives you lemons, find some salt and tequila then invite me!

Pudge
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Postby Pudge » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:48 pm

Eric Berry and William Moore are too similar to make such a trade worthwhile. Berry is the young version of Troy Polamalu…potentially.
"Vincere scis, Hannibal, victoria uti nescis" -- Maharbal, 216 B.C.E.

takeitdown
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby takeitdown » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:13 pm

We should have just signed Byrd if we were going to pay a 9M safety.

Return to “The Huddle”