It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:29 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hey
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:10 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Just wanted to say hi as I'm new to the site. I'm an English fan, been following the falcons got a few years now(most of the smith era).
Really excited for this season, the only way is up eh?!? Haha
Also buzzing that the falcons are coming to london, tickets booked already. I understand some fans are bitter about losing a game at the dome though?

Look forward to getting to know ya'll, feel free to ask me anything!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Hey
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:17 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Welcome to the board, can't imagine there are too many Falcon Fans in the UK, so you should be able to get a great seat at the game...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:06 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

Welcome to the board. Would love to hear your account of the game from UK perspective.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:00 am 
Rookie
Rookie

DaveWaz wrote:
Welcome to the board, can't imagine there are too many Falcon Fans in the UK, so you should be able to get a great seat at the game...

Thanks! You'll be surprised, although the Falcons don't have a huge following (most people follow teams that were great in the 70's and 80's as that's when NFL first came to UK) but there are so many football fans here, the stadium has a capacity of 90k and is sold out almost already. The atmosphere is immense, I'm sure we wont match the atmosphere in the dome but we'll definitely try and get close!

Pudge wrote:
Welcome to the board. Would love to hear your account of the game from UK perspective.

It was hard to follow at first coz we don't play at school so the rules were completely unfamiliar but now I've been watching for a while it's taken over my life lol eat, sleep, Falcons. Watch every game live (not easy when we play a late game on Sunday or Monday/Thursday games as they finish at like 3-4am our time....) plan to come to ATL for a game in a coupla years for my 30th birthday, hopefully in line with a home game against the Saints :)
NFL is massive over here now and getting bigger all the time, the UK coverage is ok but always simplified for people new to the game which gets kinda annoying so I watch the US coverage when possible. The biggest argument over here is, NFL/Rugby, which is tougher...... like it matters (although I think NFL wins that hands down) when football is so much more entertaining.

Can I ask you guys from a US perspective what your thoughts are on our moves in FA so far?

I like the Soliai and Jackson moves on D-line, hopefully guna stop them big run plays that burned so much last year.

Jon Asamoah is a no brainer imo though I think the O-line still needs attention.

I love the hester signing, still think he has what it takes to change the game but I'm not sure about the arenas deal (I understand it's for depth but still....)

Hoping this Rafael Bush deal goes through too.

also, whats with Osi staying at the price and a deal for Peria Jerry..... these two don't make sense for me but I could be missing something.

And finally, the question we keep hearing, who do we go for at #6 (assuming we don't trade up or down)?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:03 pm 

I haven't been a big fan of the Falcons offseason.

I think they overpaid for situational, non-impact players like Jackson and Soliai. Asamoah is a good pickup, but I don't think he's going to be huge addition for the team because he doesn't fit the blocking scheme.

The Falcons should be willing to axe Osi, but that was never going to be in the cards because a lot of times this team makes moves to "save face" rather than what's in the best interest of the football team. It's why they elected to dump Garrett Reynolds rather than Peter Konz, even though at no point in the past 2 years has Konz shown he's consistently a better player than Reynolds. But since Konz was their top pick 2 years ago, and Reynolds was just a mid-round journeyman, it looks better to cut him rather than Konz.

Profile E-mail