It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:35 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: CJ2K?? no wayyyyy...
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:19 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

In no way do i see this happeneing....but i do find it interesting that the Falcs are mentioned.

Potential trade suitors for CJ2K

March, 20, 2014 11:34 AM ET
By Tom Carpenter | ESPN.com

It has been assumed for quite some time now that Chris Johnson will not be on the Tennessee Titans' roster when the 2014 regular season begins. Initially it appeared the team would release him, because Johnson's $10 million cap hit would make it tough to find a team willing to trade for his services. However, the Titans have ascertained there is trade interest in Johnson, sources confirmed to ESPN NFL Insider Ed Werder. No deal is imminent at this time.

So which teams make the most sense as trade partners for Johnson? Well, there are only a few franchises that have a need at running back and also have the requisite cap space to add his contract (though there has been some buzz that he's willing to rework his deal if it's a team he likes). Furthermore, that team would have to be willing to give up some asset to acquire him. ESPN Titans reporter Paul Kuharsky suggested it might require a fifth- or sixth-round pick to attain Johnson.

We checked in with ESPN NFL Insider Matt Williamson today for his thoughts. He thinks the St. Louis Rams and Miami Dolphins are a good fit for Johnson via trade, and that the Atlanta Falcons and New York Jets also could work, though those teams might choose to target a younger option in the draft instead. • St. Louis Rams: Coach Jeff Fisher drafted and coached Johnson when he was still with the Titans. Pairing the spry Johnson with Zac Stacy, who is more of a power back, would give the Rams a nice one-two punch. However, ESPN NFL Insider Ed Werder tweeted Thursday morning that the Rams don't appear to be interested in Johnson right now.

• Miami Dolphins: The Fins need an upgrade for their current tandem of Lamar Miller and Daniel Thomas. As Williamson recently noted, "Just his presence as a dump-off option and in the screen game could be an asset for quarterback Ryan Tannehill."

• New York Jets: GM John Idzik has taken heat for not landing a high-end cornerback. Perhaps an immediate upgrade of the team's backfield would take off some of that heat?

• Atlanta Falcons: The Falcons are expected to keep Steven Jackson, but he was banged up much of last season, and they do still have the option of cutting him. Johnson has never missed a game due to injury, so the Falcons might see him as an upgrade.

The Arizona Cardinals also might be looking to add a running back to pair with upstart youngster Andre Ellington, though Werder noted that the Cards aren't currently interested in acquiring Johnson.

Post subject: Re: CJ2K?? no wayyyyy...
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:15 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

We've consistently always been considered a landing spot for Chris Johnson for whatever reason.

But it's not going to happen. CJ2K needs to go to the Broncos or a team like that.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:36 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Just say no to CJ.75K

We are building a fighting force of extraordinary magnitude. We forge our tradition in the spirit of our ancestors. You have our gratitude.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:00 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

I wouldn't want him, but it does seem that we are really focused on, big play, home run hitting type players this week, so if he's cut I wouldn't be shocked if we signed him. At the same time, I can't imagine we' d be dumb enough to trade for him, knowing that he will eventually be cut due to his ridiculous contract.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:26 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Makes no sense.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:50 am 

Just saw something on Twitter from Falcoholic that CJ2k is not coming to Atlanta.

Phew.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:06 am 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the Titans are "very likely" to release Chris Johnson next week.
La Canfora expects Johnson to draw "strong interest" in free agency. The Nashville Tennessean's Jim Wyatt anticipates the Falcons being in the running for Johnson. Johnson turns 29 in September and averaged a career-worst 3.9 YPC despite Tennessee pumping major funds and a top-ten pick (Chance Warmack) into its O-Line. He'll likely be a change-up back on his next team.
Source: Jason La Canfora

Jim Wyatt‏@jwyattsports·15m
A lot of running backs starting to find landing places. My bet on where #Titans RB Chris Johnson eventually ends up: #Falcons

The Nashville Tennessean's Jim Wyatt expects Chris Johnson to eventually land with the Falcons.
Johnson could form an aging one-two punch with Steven Jackson in Atlanta. Wyatt doesn't say whether he expects Johnson to be traded to the Falcons, or sign with them after getting cut, but he's a highly reliable beat reporter and we'd take his projection seriously. It would be a tough spot for CJ?K's fantasy outlook due to the presence of Jackson and a weak offensive line.
Related: Falcons
Source: Jim Wyatt on Twitter

:shock:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:07 pm 
All-Pro
All-Pro

living in Nashville, I hear Jim Wyatt often on the radio. He's a good source for information on the Titans. I would trust his opinion on Titans info...I just really don't see it happening.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:31 am 
Draught Guru
Draught Guru

NFL Free Agency 2014: Chris Johnson To Atlanta Is The Rumor That Won't Die

By Dave Choate on Mar 29 2014, 5:31p 59
Don McPeak-USA TODAY Sports

Choose your own believing adventure when it comes to Chris Johnson.

A week ago, I tried to squash the idea that Chris Johnson might be joining the Atlanta Falcons via trade. Now that the rumors are once again cropping up with even more vigor, I figured it was time to address it again.

This all began yesterday when Jim Wyatt, a very reliable Titans beat writer, Tweeted out the following prediction:

This is just a prediction, not a report, but inevitably the stories that followed cast it as genuine interest in Chris Johnson. What you'll notice again and again as you read these stories is that none of them are saying the Falcons have any connection to Johnson. They just think he's a logical fit in the minds of many outlets. To wit:

1. Atlanta Falcons: Even with coach Mike Smith's recent vote of confidence in Steven Jackson, the Falcons could use an influx of speed in the backfield. The Tennesseans's Jim Wyatt, who has covered Johnson for over six years in Nashville, is placing his money on Atlanta as Johnson's next NFL city.

NFL.com

According to Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean, who is as dialed in on the Titans organization as anyone in the business, the Atlanta Falcons are the favorite to land Johnson if the Titans ultimately move him.

SI.com

The bottom line here is that there is no reason to believe the Falcons are any more "in" on Johnson than they were a week ago. If he's released I'm sure the team will have internal discussions about adding him, but he's older, won't be dirt cheap and isn't necessarily an upgrade as a feature back. With all of that in mind and knowing the Falcons have Steven Jackson and Jacquizz Rodgers already, I just don't see the fit, nor do I expect this to happen. I think this is a classic case of a respected reporter trying to fit pieces together and fueling a lot of rampant speculation.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:33 am 

It seems that this morning at least this rumor has finally died.