Mel Kiper's Mock Draft 1.0

Discuss your favorite team: the Atlanta Falcons. As well as all NFL and pro football-related topics, including fantasy football.

Moderators: Capologist, dirtybirdnw, thescout

mattlanta
Veteran
Veteran

Mel Kiper's Mock Draft 1.0

Postby mattlanta » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:43 pm

http://share.pdfonline.com/2014/1/15/ec ... ft%201.htm

6. Anthony Barr Atlanta Falcons (4-12)
COLLEGE:UCLA AGE:21 HT:6-4 WT:248 POS:OLB/DE
Analysis: Three years ago the Broncos drafted Von Miller, a move that caused many to ask whether Miller would fit in John Fox's scheme. Fox was known as a 4-3 guy, and Miller seemed well-equipped physically to be a 3-4 outside linebacker. I could hear some saying the same about this pick, but (A) great players make great systems more often than the other way around, so don't get too caught up in the whole 3-4 vs. 4-3 thing, and (B) the Falcons really need a pass-rusher. Barr gives themthat, as an explosive matchup problem on the edge who does more than disrupt the passing game. And he can certainly add weight.

mattlanta
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Mel Kiper's Mock Draft 1.0

Postby mattlanta » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:48 pm

I honestly don't think the Jaguars would pass up on a guy like Teddy Bridgewater. They've held out on trying to make their quarterbacks work (you know it's bad when Chad Henne is probably the best quarterback on your roster) and so I think they'll go after a no. 1 quarterback with their first pick. I don't think Clowney will fall past the Raiders though. Although weirder things have happened with the Raiders during draft day. And it is, however, still January.

dirtybirdnw

Postby dirtybirdnw » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:34 pm

I'm okay with Barr... He reminds me a little bit of Patrick Kerney.
Fear the BEARD!

mattlanta
Veteran
Veteran

Postby mattlanta » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:03 pm

dirtybirdnw wrote:I'm okay with Barr... He reminds me a little bit of Patrick Kerney.

Ah shoot, I had a brain fart and accidentally PM'd you by mistake. I meant to reply to you...

In what way does he remind you of Patrick Kerney? I've heard Clay Matthews, Dion Jordan (my personal comparison to him), but never Kerney.

dirtybirdnw

Postby dirtybirdnw » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:35 am

I thought that was weird...

I just think Barr physically has the same framework Kerney had and he is a high motor athlete as well. Barr probably is probably a bit more athletic and less brute strength than Kerney was making him more of the hybrid LB/DE than pure DE like Kerney.
Fear the BEARD!

Return to “The Huddle”