It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:56 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Washington is horrible, but...
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:44 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

They aren't worse than the Falcons! We will lose to them and regain the #2 pick position. We have absolutely nothing on offense, and our defense is woeful. At least the Skins have RGIII who MIGHT have a good game, and a rushing attack that can roll up yards on us at will.

J. Mora JR.

Post subject: Re: Washington is horrible, but...
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:59 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

How do you figure, we looked a million times better than them today, they aren't even competitive. The RGIII trade will go down as one of the worst in history.

With that said, I hope your right as I want the #1 pick, so

Go Skins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:20 am 
Superstar
Superstar

I do hate the Skins head coach; more proof its the players MORE than the coaching (I THINK)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:46 am 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Shanahan is a case in point of how QBs make coaches geniuses. The further he has gotten away from Elway the more pedestrian he has seemed. WASH has been a mess ever since Snyder got there. I do think their trading so much to get Griffin is sort of similar to what has happened to us with JJ. RG!!! seemed to spend more time making adverts than JJ though. Subway--eat fresh.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:17 am 
Superstar
Superstar

Come on the JJ TRADE WAS GREAT; this season is great; it finally showed our newest fans you don't count your chickens before; and the season is the BOMB, not the playoffs. We use the season to try to get to the playoffs; its usually exciting until players start reserving their stuff a year ahead of time.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:46 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

The Redskins have quit on their coach and the coach has quit on them. There is no way we lose this game. Now, the question is, is that a good thing or a bad thing?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:29 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Not sure what's more consistent. The Falcons lack of pass rush or MF1's weekly posting of absolute garbage.

I'm a Devin Hester guy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:56 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Good stuff Emmitt, and if I'm correct my last post got you put in your place by Pudge concerning my topic, and I'll be bringing this one up again for you when the Skins kick our butts this Sunday so you can be humbled again. :up:

J. Mora JR.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:31 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

AngryJohnny51 wrote:
There is no way we lose this game

Famous last words... :twisted:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:55 pm 

I agree there is no way we lose this game! :king: :king: (putting the whammy on the Falcon's).In fact I'm sure I would bet the house on this game if I had one. :lol: I bet Ryan throws for over 300 yards and Jackson gets 100 yards running.The Skins Suck BIG TIME!(bulletin board material) :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:16 am 
Superstar
Superstar

MarylandFalcon1 wrote:
Good stuff Emmitt, and if I'm correct my last post got you put in your place by Pudge concerning my topic, and I'll be bringing this one up again for you when the Skins kick our butts this Sunday so you can be humbled again. :up:

Never once got put in my place. Just don’t have the time to retaliate to Pudge’s long posts. Pudge is my boy, no hatred towards him. Just can’t believe how foolish you are. You even admitted in the past that you don’t watch games, yet still make comments. You were talking about Ryan throw two interceptions, then admitting to not being able to watch it. If you can’t watch the games, then how can you formulate a true opinion? You are a chump that shouldn’t be taken seriously. Even if the Skins somehow manage to win, I can’t be humbled because I watch each game and know how to analyze things. I don’t throw out asinine statements like you do. Washington is in better shape than Atlanta? Their defense is old and lacks zero playmakers, besides Kerrigan and Orkapo. The coaching situation is a mess and they have no first round pick, not to mention lacking receiving options. Of course you wouldn’t know that and just bring up RG III, along with there running game while continuing to bury Atlanta.

How’s that for being humbled? As the great Joey Diaz says all the time, check ya self before ya wreck self. Talking bullshit is bad for your health.

I'm a Devin Hester guy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:04 am 

Emmitt wrote:
If you can’t watch the games, then how can you formulate a true opinion? You are a chump that shouldn’t be taken seriously.

Pump your brakes, friend.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:47 pm 

Well, the Redskins did just announce that Cousins is starting against Atlanta. With a decent pocket QB and Morris going up against our defense they should be able to knockout a good 35-24 win.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:08 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Here is a novel thought Emmitt, if ALL my posts are so asinine, THEN PLEASE STOP READING AND COMMENTING ON THEM! Lord knows I stopped reading your posts years ago.

Hey DBNW, I have to agree. Shanahan had a great chance to right the RGIII ship this weekend against our Falcons, but instead benched him in favor of Cousins. I believe he did this to A: bump up Cousins trade value or B: make himself look like a better coach by having 'his guy' show how good the team could be without RGIII [when they thump the Falcons]. Either way, Shanahan understands we are his best shot of getting a W, so he will be going all out to win this one, and with Cousins in a dome and against our D he has a pretty nice shot IMO.

J. Mora JR.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:04 pm 

Shanahan is trying to get fired boys. That's why he's benching RG3.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:14 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

If he can, he keeps $7 Million next year, so I see your point there Pudge. But he also might be wanted to 'stick it' to the Skins, RGIII, and Snyder while also trying to make his resume look a bit better [like he was undermined by the owner and salary cap penalties] for his next job.

J. Mora JR.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:31 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Quote:
Here is a novel thought Emmitt, if ALL my posts are so asinine, THEN PLEASE STOP READING AND COMMENTING ON THEM! Lord knows I stopped reading your posts years ago.

It’s hard to avoid them, when you post threads. Will do though, thanks for the advice. It’s the best thing you’ve posted in about six months. Also nice to see that you need to get your point across typing in all caps. That’s a real feminine thing to do.

I'm a Devin Hester guy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:56 pm 

It's probably been long enough that many people forgot about this feature, but if you are so keen to avoid someone's posts, you can add them to your for list.

Just go to the USER CONTROL PANEL, link located at the top of this page.

Then under OPTIONS you should see a category called FRIENDS & FOES. there you can add any poster that isn't an admin/moderator, and you won't be able to see any of their posts.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:43 am 
Superstar
Superstar

Thanks Pudge, that helps my experience here.

J. Mora JR.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:18 am 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Pudge wrote:
It's probably been long enough that many people forgot about this feature, but if you are so keen to avoid someone's posts, you can add them to your for list.

Just go to the USER CONTROL PANEL, link located at the top of this page.

Then under OPTIONS you should see a category called FRIENDS & FOES. there you can add any poster that isn't an admin/moderator, and you won't be able to see any of their posts.

But then you can't whine or be involved in snarky comebacks. This reminds of this little country church my wife played a pump organ at when my kids were very young. Had a regular congregation of about 12 people. they wound up splitting up and disbanding over a disagreement about a young couple who were not members using the historic church for a wedding.

I'm a big Cyril fan so take it with a grain of salt but if you cannot see the worth in someone who has played the game and has personally witnessed nearly 40 years of Falcons football from the stands and still cares enough to post on a MB with a bunch of whippersnappers (who know the price of everything and the value of nothing) then use the ignore feature. Or you could just not read the posts like folks used to do back when my great grandfather was alive posting on the old steam powered internet MBs. You think Cyril's typing skills are bad now? Should have seen him a few years back! Or me! The irony of calling someone "feminine" for using all caps wasn't lost on me. You are so out of the popular girls club for that one, E! :rofl:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:51 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

I only ignore the truly ignorant that add nothing to the discussion. I relish those that disagree with me because that is how I Iearn. Bad snark, not understanding the game while believing one does, and/or simply being a troll? I am too old to put up with that idiocy. The others are the one pump chumps (do people still rant about Brooking(s)?) or trolls/stalkers.

Emmitt has come so so far since he first started. I now really enjoy reading his posts. He should go back and re-read the recaps that I savaged him and told him why it was not very good, when everyone was saying good job. I think he would savage the old Emmitt as well.

Just my thoughts, I could be wrong

W

We are building a fighting force of extraordinary magnitude. We forge our tradition in the spirit of our ancestors. You have our gratitude.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:08 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

It seems to me there are probably less than a dozen people who post here with any regularity so I don't know who qualifies as a troll, stalker or know nothing. There are a lot of FF type people who know a whole lot about individual players and stats that bring a lot to the table in that regard and then there are people who have a more macro view. OTOH, I enjoy the MB in and of itself. We could be talking about potato farming in Crenshaw County, AL and there would be drama. Human condition. Six blind men and the elephant.

As to ignoring, I tend to ignore the tragically long winded. Loquaciousness does not equate profundity. As David Byrne once sang, "Say it once, why say it again?"

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:03 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Most of the troll/stalkers have left. Birdman and his relentless stalking of Birdbrain got so old. There was one guy that was over the top with his nonsense, I think Pudge finally banned him, tahnkfully I can't remember his name - it was the guy that finally blew up The Parking Lot forum. The trolls from the Roost seem to have departed or don't care, but they seemed more fixated on Mora and Brooking.

I am with you on long winded.

W

We are building a fighting force of extraordinary magnitude. We forge our tradition in the spirit of our ancestors. You have our gratitude.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:32 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

As the resident, "dumb mfer," I'm kinda curious how many people are ignoring me. I don't think I have anyone on ignore at this point. Even though I disagree with folks, that doesn't mean that their opinion isn't important to me. Sometimes I read ideas that I have not thought of, and those ideas might seem crazy at first, but they could turn out to be absolutely correct. Remember, people thought that the world was flat at one point, to say otherwise was a mark of stupidity.

I do have a line in the sand, however. When the discussion shifts from football to personal attacks, that's when the line has been crossed. I believe it happened in this thread, and it has happened to me a couple of times in the past few months. You guys really need to be careful with that. We are a small community, and people will not tolerate that kind of stuff for very long. Matter of fact, that's the reason I'm here. I was originally a big poster on the AFMB, but there were a few people there that simply could not control themselves, and they created a mob mentality. The forum mods couldn't control it, and so they created, "pure football," which I am a member of. But pure football is mostly a dead forum, and you cannot discuss anything controversial there.

Most of us have made some pretty bold observations that the others felt were way out of line. In the recent past, I said that Mike Smith should be fired and that we'll never win a superbowl with him as coach. At the time, I was labelled nutjob crazy. Pudge has made the statement that the OL is overrated. While I still believe that's crazy talk, I don't think Pudge is a dumb mfer for saying it.

We come here to share our opinions. If you disagree with an opinion, you should certainly voice it. However, we should not be criticized for sharing our opinions, nor should we be ignored.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:39 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Quote:
As the resident, "dumb mfer," I'm kinda curious how many people are ignoring me

:lol: If they're ignoring you, they won't see this!