It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:14 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The towel has been thrown
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:49 am 
Superstar
Superstar

I haven't read one inkling of a rumor about Gordon or Shorts. That pretty much means the towel has been thrown. Unless Kevin Cone or Drew Davis are the next out of nowhere superstars, this is going to be painful. As good as Ryan is, he's no miracle worker. He can play with horrendous offensive lines, but now you are asking him to throw to receivers that can't get open? Terrible I think I may jump on the anti Dimitroff bandwagon, because I thought he was smarter than this. He knows damn well the receiving corps is in dire need of a playmaker right now, especially with Roddy potentially out for a few weeks. Brian Robiskie has been a flop his entire career, there is a reason why he was unemployed.

I'm a Devin Hester guy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: The towel has been thrown
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:01 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

I really can't believe that we brought in Robiskie. Is he really better than Darius Johnson? He does have NFL experience, but as you pointed out, no one wants him. We see enough in Darius Johnson to have him on our practice squad... I suppose we might not be activating him because we don't want to mess up his practice squad eligibility...

Frankly, I considered passing on the OT trades as TD having thrown in the towel. I find it hard to swallow that our starting offensive line is what it is.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:04 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

I didn't want to believe it, considering all the talk that the Falcons aren't tanking. Still Harry Douglas is somehow a number one receiver right now. I bet Darrelle Revis is laughing on his couch.

I'm a Devin Hester guy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:52 pm 
Superstar
Superstar

Emmitt wrote:
I haven't read one inkling of a rumor about Gordon or Shorts. That pretty much means the towel has been thrown. Unless Kevin Cone or Drew Davis are the next out of nowhere superstars, this is going to be painful. As good as Ryan is, he's no miracle worker. He can play with horrendous offensive lines, but now you are asking him to throw to receivers that can't get open? Terrible I think I may jump on the anti Dimitroff bandwagon, because I thought he was smarter than this. He knows damn well the receiving corps is in dire need of a playmaker right now, especially with Roddy potentially out for a few weeks. Brian Robiskie has been a flop his entire career, there is a reason why he was unemployed.

I was thinking the same thing especially since the bye week would have been the perfect time to get a new WR indoctrinated in the offense. I don't think they are tanking on purpose because I truly believe that if they don't at least make it respectable neither TD or Mike Smith will be here to reap the "benefits" of tanking.

The acquisition of Robiskie a guy who the Lions cut, a team with no WR depth behind Megatron is a joke. I didn't really expect them to go after Gordon but you mean to tell me that Robiskie is the best you could do? Emmit you say that Matt Ryan is not a miracle worker well thats what he has to be if the Falcons are not going to be a 6-10 football team.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:29 pm 
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Blah, blah, blah...but I must commend your gif of Blank, E. Freakin' hilarious.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:12 pm 
Purveyor of Truth & Justice
Purveyor of Truth & Justice

I'm very pessimistic about the prospects of the Falcons offense now that we've signed a career No. 4 WR in Robiskie. I was very high on Robiskie back in 2009, while I thought Brian Hartline was going to be J.A.G. Well I got that backwards. I watched some tape of Robiskie from last year, and he just can't separate from coverage. Had the Flacons brought him into camp in April, I would have been in favor of it. That would have given him time to get comfortable in the offense (although he's not completely new to it), and also afforded him the opportunity to beat out players like Davis, Cone, Marcus Jackson, Rodgers, etc. for reps, and thus been a legitimate option perhaps as the 4th WR. But a mid-season signing?

I'll say this, if Koetter can find a way to keep Ryan's numbers from slipping too much, let's say he still manages to complete 63%+ of his passes and has a YPA above 7, then I'll give TD some credit. Right now his numbers are at about 69% and 7.6. But I find this very silly. TD was in NE back in 2006, when Brady's numbers dipped mainly because he didn't have any WRs: Reche Caldwell, Troy Brown in his final season, Jabar Gaffney, and Doug Gabriel. That's what prompted the Patriots to trade for Moss and Welker the following year, and the rest is history.

This is the problem with TD, he seems intent on carving his own path that he ignores many of the lessons he should have learned in New England.

Profile E-mail